Rank the 6 seasons

AngeL0L

My ranking would be:

• Season 1: greatest season in terms of focus and writing. If they had had the funding of later seasons, it would have been amazing to see.
  • Season 3: The endless Theon torture scenes were really bad and the scenes at Dragonstone went nowhere, but most of the other plots were good if not brilliant. And the Rains of Castamere was a great episode.
  • Season 2: Several weak episodes in the beginning, the whole Qarth subplot was terrible, and they should  have done better with some of the subplots (Tyrion as a hand, Arya in Harrenhal, Theon at Winterfell,..).
  • Season 4: Some big well-done moments (Joffrey's death, the battle at Castle Black, Gregor vs Oberyn...), but a lot terrible characterization (Jaime forcing Cersei, Shae betraying Tyrion out of spite,...). I think this was the first truly bad season because they started betraying the charachters, which are the series main strength.
  • Season 6: A very bad season, but there were some improvements over season 5.
  • Season 5: The worst season by far.

S1>S3>S4>S2>S6>S5

Happy to see lots of love for S3. It wasn't always a public favorite but I loved the quality. I also think the King's Landing maneuvering in S4 was done quite well, a saving grace.

Also in rating S5 last I exclude Hardhome, which was a standout and still my favorite battle episode.

1 hour ago, The hairy bear said:

My ranking would be:

• Season 1: greatest season in terms of focus and writing. If they had had the funding of later seasons, it would have been amazing to see.
  • Season 6: A very bad season, but there were some improvements over season 5.
  • Season 5: The worst season by far.

Agreed, season 1 would be the best season by far if they had more budget back then. And, yes, season 5 was the worst one. So many plotholes and of course Dorne.

i feel like id have to go back and do a re-watch to properly answer this question, but im honestly surprised that people don't like season 6 more.   ok, i get that there are plot holes and all that stuff, but the finale alone was some of the best 60 minutes in TV history.  besides that, battle of the bastards and the door were another two very good episodes in my opinion.  also, we saw the deaths of Roose, Ramsay, Osha, Balon,  the traitor Crows, many Khals, many Tyrells, the High Sparrow and his flock, Pycelle, Wun Wun, Hodor, the Three Eyed Raven, etc., etc.  I thought it was pretty action packed... maybe its just me.

1) 1: Best season hands down\

2) 2: great action, great writing

3) 3:RW was great but most of the season dragged just getting to it

4) 4: The last "good" season, the problems kinda started here but the PW, the Battle at CB and the finale were great

5) 6: Last two were good and Hold the Door was a gut punch but the rest of it was just terrible

6) 5: The Phantom Menace of GOT

From a non book readers perspective, there weren't really many, if any, arcs that I had a problem with in S5.

I was fine with Dorne, I think the criticism of it has gotten to be a bit much. I get how people would be upset that it was unrecognizable from the books, but I really don't agree that the writing, acting, and fight scenes were as atrocious as people make it out to be. To be honest, there aren't really too many scenes I had a problem with outside of the Ellaria visiting Jaime scene. The ending was a little anti-climactic / predictable, but the criticism of it is so steeped in bias that it's gotten a bit gross to be honest.

The one thing about S5 I'll agree on, in retrospect, is they needed to give Little Finger better motivation on why he would send Sansa to marry Ramsey. If he wanted to motivate the Knight's of the Vale to attack Winterfell, fine. But in the show he acknowledges that Stannis is on his way, so that kind of nullifies that.

S6 on the other hand, I had major problems with nearly every arc. I think Bran's is the only one that went unscathed for me the entire season.

Archived