Jump to content
AngeL0L

Rank the 6 seasons

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Trump the Builder said:

i feel like id have to go back and do a re-watch to properly answer this question, but im honestly surprised that people don't like season 6 more.   ok, i get that there are plot holes and all that stuff, but the finale alone was some of the best 60 minutes in TV history.  besides that, battle of the bastards and the door were another two very good episodes in my opinion.  also, we saw the deaths of Roose, Ramsay, Osha, Balon,  the traitor Crows, many Khals, many Tyrells, the High Sparrow and his flock, Pycelle, Wun Wun, Hodor, the Three Eyed Raven, etc., etc.  I thought it was pretty action packed... maybe its just me.

Yes, it was pretty action packed but thats not enough. Although I agree the finale was awesome and especially Kings Landing was a masterpiece, there are so many serious plotholes in the whole season. Also, the pacing was too fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its still 1,2,3,4,5,6 for me.

Better actors, better passion in the writing, and adapting AFFC/ADWD without TWOW left us with the main characters' travelogues (which were never the point of AFFC/ADWD, the new players into the Game were) and D&D didn't bother to make said travelogues any more interesting.

(Also, what was the point of introducing the Sand Snakes?  The Martells are expendable once you cut Aegon, so when I saw the Sand Snakes cast I figured they had significant purpose to the story.. like they would join the Kings Landing storyline and scheme...like in the books, but that never happened.)

5 and 6 suffer from filler and retreads as they wait to play out the only part of the story left they know - the ending.  We'll see about Season 7.

Edited by Zombies That Were Promised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From best to worst.

1 > 3 > 4 > 2 > 6 > 5

When I think of season 6, a quote about Renly comes to mind: "Bright and shiny, pretty to look at, but not worth all that much at the end of the day".  Everything seems so cool watching it in the moment, until you stop to think and realize nothing makes any sense.

4 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

1, 4, 3, 5, 2, 6
I really hated S2 for the early book deviations. And now S6, for the huge inconsistencies, for making Doran and Jon stupid, for the lack of story, the mindless, gratuitous killing of the secondary characters.

Totally agree about Season 2.  I found the Tywin and Arya interactions distracting, and Dany in Qarth was awful.  This was when I first started to get nervous about the show.

Edited by Rubicante

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 4

Season 3

Season 2

Season 1

Season 6

Season 5

Season 6 would have been a thorough disappointment. However, the last two episodes were two of the very best in the entire series. The Battle of the Bastards and Winds of Winter were masterpieces in cinematography, story telling and suspense. The choice of music in the lead up to the Sept of Baelor being blown up was off the charts brilliant. 

Season 5 was very average by GOT high standards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Rubicante said:

When I think of season 6, a quote about Renly comes to mind: "Bright and shiny, pretty to look at, but not worth all that much at the end of the day".  Everything seems so cool watching it in the moment, until you stop to think and realize nothing makes any sense.

Amazing thought, its exactly as you say.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, AngeL0L said:

Yes, it was pretty action packed but thats not enough. Although I agree the finale was awesome and especially Kings Landing was a masterpiece, there are so many serious plotholes in the whole season. Also, the pacing was too fast. 

i agree that the pacing has sped up for sure, but in contrast, some of the earlier seasons seemed to drag on IMO.  I was one of the people who didn't watch until season 4 and had to binge watch seasons 1-3 a week or so before S4 premiered.  I felt like there was a lot of filler in the early seasons and sometimes not enough going on.  perhaps somewhere in between the early and later seasons would be the best pace for this series? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  

 

    

23 hours ago, LatrineDiggerBrian said:

1) S2, S3
2) S1
3) S4
4) S5
.
.
5) S6

 

The is hilarious  

No way is Season 2 the best season and season 6 the worse   

Season 1

season 4

season 3

season 6

 

both season 5 and 2 were trash  ( All season 2 had going for it was Blackwater ) 

 

This scene sums up season 2 perfectly lol

 All the nostalgia in world wont make believe that season 2 was good..  

Edited by Rex999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best to worst

Season 3 :bowdown: All the episodes were great (could have been better, but it's the best for me)

 

Season 1:D

Season 2^_^    -S1 and S2 being similar, but S1 is more consistent

 

Season 4;)

Season 6:dunno:+^_^ -S4 and S6 being similar, although S4 has less inconsistencies and overall, it's better

........................................................

.........................................................

..........................................................

...........................................................

Season 5:thumbsdown::angry2::tantrum:PArty in the Hell-What was that?????

 

Edited by Meera of Tarth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Rex999 said:

  

 

    

 

The is hilarious  

No way is Season 2 the best season and season 6 the worse   

Season 1

season 4

season 3

season 6

 

both season 5 and 2 were trash  ( All season 2 had going for it was Blackwater ) 

 

This scene sums up season 2 perfectly lol

 All the nostalgia in world wont make believe that season 2 was good..  

What was wrong with that scene (other then it becoming some lame meme)?

Season 2 didn't have a weak storyline. Not a book reader, I was perfectly fine with Dany in Qarth, enjoyed it actually. Fine with Rob and Talisa. It all was excellent, so many great character moments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LatrineDiggerBrian said:

What was wrong with that scene (other then it becoming some lame meme)?

Season 2 didn't have a weak storyline. Not a book reader, I was perfectly fine with Dany in Qarth, enjoyed it actually. Fine with Rob and Talisa. It all was excellent, so many great character moments.

 

I actually never had a problem with Rob and Talisa 

I know some book readers hated Talisa but I liked her way more than Jeyne Westerling

 

Edited by Rex999

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Rex999 said:

 

I actually never had a problem with Rob and Talisa 

I know some book readers hated Talisa but I liked her way more than Jeyne Westerling

 

Have you rewatched Season 2? I mean look at these arcs:

-Tyrion with Shae as Hand of the King = awesome
-Arya and Yoren, Jaqen, Tywin, and in Haraanhaal = awesome
-Theon going back home, taking Winterfell, then being captured = awesome
-Night's Watch was solid capped off by Jon and Ygritte = great
-Stannis, Mel, Davos intro and KL invasion = great
-Loved all the stuff in the Riverlands
-Dany in Qarth I thought was excellent

And on and on and on. Every episode was filled with great character moments.

Edited by LatrineDiggerBrian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Season 1 (will have my heart forever)

Season 6 (was so good!  Exciting, well made, just excellent!  Finally I don't know WTF will happen!)

Season 3 (lots to love, great adaptations of my favorite SoS moments!)

Season 4 (it's good too just not quite up to S3 and S4). 

Season 5 (I felt there were some GREAT episodes and some poor ones...  still liked it)

Season 2 (always been my least favorite... not to say it was bad)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, A spoon of knife and fork said:

Season 1 (will have my heart forever)

Season 6 (was so good!  Exciting, well made, just excellent!  Finally I don't know WTF will happen!)

Season 3 (lots to love, great adaptations of my favorite SoS moments!)

Season 4 (it's good too just not quite up to S3 and S4). 

Season 5 (I felt there were some GREAT episodes and some poor ones...  still liked it)

Season 2 (always been my least favorite... not to say it was bad)

finally someone who agrees with my like of season 6!  IMO The Door, Battle of the Bastards, and Winds of Winter were enough to put it into the top 3 as far as seasons go :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trump the Builder said:

finally someone who agrees with my like of season 6!  IMO The Door, Battle of the Bastards, and Winds of Winter were enough to put it into the top 3 as far as seasons go :)

The first 5 episodes were really really good!  Then the last 2 were probably the best two episodes of the series(!?!?)!  And I even loved the riverlands story at the heart of the 2 much weaker episodes in between.  

Seriously the only major issue with Season 6 was the stupidity of Arya's storyline but TBH I didn't like Braavos in the book either so I'm over it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last couple of seasons especially for me felt like the show was trying to give each one more of an individual character to them.

Season 5 I'd say really looked to focus on building up atmosphere, the grim hopelessness in the north and the mysterious nature of the faceless men. Season 6 I'd say looked to move in more of a more overt cinematic direction, less focus on the world as a whole and more on the stories of a few characters with a lot of climaxs and action.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×