The books coming out in 2017

AncalagonTheBlack

Paul Kearney has a WH40K novel (his second, but his first published) out in February, Calgar's Siege. I'm hearing it might actually be brought forwards but that's not confirmed right now.

Jeff Noon Signs with Angry Robot for Two Book Deal

Arthur C. Clarke Award winner Jeff Noon, has just signed a two book deal with UK indie Angry Robot.

The first of those two books, a sci-fi mystery called A Man of Shadows, is set to be published in the US and UK in August 2017. Check out the publisher's synopsis below:

Below the neon skies of Dayzone – a city where the lights never go out, and night has been banished – lowly private eye John Nyquist takes on a teenage runaway case. His quest to track down Eleanor Bale takes him from Dayzone, to the permanently blacked-out alleyways of Nocturna. As the vicious, seemingly invisible serial killer known only as Quicksilver haunts the streets, Nyquist starts to suspect that the runaway girl holds within her the key to the city’s fate. In the end, there’s only one place left to search: the strange, mysterious realm known as Dusk, a place of ghosts, mists and living shadows.

On Daniel Price's The Song of the Orphans, the follow-up to The Flight of the Silvers:

7/5/16 — I'm just days away from getting the editorial notes for The Song of the Orphans, then the clean-up process begins. There are a ton of little things to fix, but it doesn't look like there'll be any major structural revisions (yay!). Still no word on an official release date, though I feel comfortable saying that the book will be available sometime in the next 6-12 months. I'll post more info as soon as I have it.

Found here: http://danielprice.info/

You may also want to add the following titles to the first page:

The Ember in the Ashes (The Book and The Sword Book 2) by Antoine Rouaud (Gollancz)

UK Release Date - November 16, 2017

Amazon Link

This is the sequel to our fabulous 2013 debut, THE PATH OF ANGER. 

Antoine Rouaud is a fresh voice in the genre, telling stories of revenge, grudging love, and the fall of an entire Empire as a result. This story is packed with flashbacks, revelations and story-changing concepts; a gripping fantasy noir thriller at heart, it's a must-have for fantasy readers.

The City of Miracles (Divine Cities Book 3) by Robert Jackson Bennett (Jo Fletcher Books)

UK Release Date - January 12, 2017

Amazon Link

Sigrud je Harkvaldsson is back, and this time he's out for vengeance.

Shara Komayd, once Prime Minister of Saypur, has been assassinated. News travels fast and far, even to a remote logging town somewhere northwest of Bulikov, where the silent, shaven-headed Dreyling worker 'Bjorn' picks up the newspaper and walks out. He is shocked and grieved and furious; he's been waiting thirteen years for Shara, his closest friend, to reach out to him - to tell him to come home. He's always believed she was running a long operation, that there would be a role for him at the right time. Now he has no one else in his life, and nothing to live for - except to find the people who did this.

Sigrud wasn't there for the death of his daughter Signe, and he wasn't there when his old comrade Shara was murdered. Now Bjorn is dead and Sigrud is back. And he will find answers, for Shara, and for himself. He's made a promise . . .

The Master (Masters & Mages Book 1) by Miles Cameron (Gollancz)

US Release Date - February 16, 2017

Amazon Link

Aranthur is a student. He showed a little magical talent, is studying at the local academy, and is nothing particularly special. Others are smarter. Others are more talented. Others are quicker to pick up techniques. But none of them are with him when he breaks his journey home for the holidays in an inn. None of them step in to help when a young woman is thrown off a passing stage coach into the deep snow at the side of the road. And none of them are drawn into a fight to protect her. One of the others might have realised she was manipulating him all along . . .

The Thousand and One by Saldin Ahmed (Gollancz)

UK Release Date - September 21, 2017

Amazon Link

Some of these dates are not 100% accurate yet.For example, The Ember in the Ashes ebook is listed for April 2017.

The Master has two different listings for the paperback: April 2018 and Feb 2019.Miles already has another book from his previous series coming out in 2017,so i think this new one is more likely to be a 2018 release.

14 hours ago, Garlan the Gallant said:

The Ember in the Ashes (The Book and The Sword Book 2) by Antoine Rouaud (Gollancz)

UK Release Date - November 16, 2017

Amazon Link

The Master (Masters & Mages Book 1) by Miles Cameron (Gollancz)

US Release Date - February 16, 2017

Amazon Link

PAN MACMILLAN BUYS 'THE NEVER KING': JUSTICE, REVENGE AND MAGIC

Pan Macmillan is very happy to announce that it has acquired world rights in THE NEVER KING by Jon Abbot – from the John Jarrold Literary Agency.

This compelling standalone fantasy is a tale of revenge, oppression and heroism, influenced by the work of the late, great David Gemmell.  It’s action-packed and tells the story of the legendary Xavir Argentum, former commander of an elite warrior cadre. Xavir was framed for an atrocity during an epic battle and was imprisoned for life, taking him out of the running for the crown itself. Then while powerless to influence events, the kingdom he’d sworn to protect fell into the hands of a tyrant. It will be up to a few – a mixed bag of rogues and heroes – to right some great wrongs. But first, Xavir must make his escape . . .

Jon Abbot said:  ‘The Never King is a dark tale that has been a lot of fun to write and it has been liberating to embrace the core elements of the genre whole-heartedly. I hope it conjures up some of the same spirit of heroic fantasy that I admired when I was younger.’

Jon Abbot is a pseudonym for an established author who is trying an exciting new direction.

Pan Macmillan plans to release THE NEVER KING in paperback in late spring next year (2017).

Fantasy Author Stephen R. Donaldson is Back with a New Trilogy!

Seventh Decimate (Great God’s War #1), is scheduled to be published in hardcover in Fall 2017.

Anne Sowards, Executive Editor at Berkley, has acquired The Great God’s War, a new high fantasy trilogy by New York Times and international bestselling author Stephen R. Donaldson. Sowards bought North American rights from Howard Morhaim at Howard Morhaim Literary Agency Inc. The first novel in the trilogy, Seventh Decimate, is scheduled to be published in hardcover in Fall 2017.

Set in a visionary new world in the midst of a magical war, the trilogy follows a prince who embarks on a desperate quest to find a sorcerous library that holds the knowledge required to save his kingdom. The prince’s journey is told in an intricate tale filled with Donaldson’s trademark ingenious worldbuilding, strong characterization, and riveting storytelling.

Oh superb. It's been way too long since we had some crazy Noonisms.

If you want your fantasy novel to be distinctive and successful, I'd strongly suggest not giving it the same name as a recently massively successful YA novel that lots of people are waiting for the sequel for. Confusion would seem to be a risk factor here.

10 hours ago, Werthead said:

Oh superb. It's been way too long since we had some crazy Noonisms.

If you want your fantasy novel to be distinctive and successful, I'd strongly suggest not giving it the same name as a recently massively successful YA novel that lots of people are waiting for the sequel for. Confusion would seem to be a risk factor here.

Actually I think Rouaud was first, since I have seen this title announced several years ago. Stl, changing it could be a good idea.

I'm looking forward to:

The Unholy Consult-Bakker-July

Winds of Winter-GRRM-tbd

Assassin's Fate;Hobb- May

Witchwood Crown-Williams-April

Heart of what was lost-Williams- January

In Calabria-Beagle- February

Norse mythology-Gaiman- February

Miranda and Caliban-Carey-February

Within the Sanctuary of wings-Brennan-April

A Gathering of Ravens- Oden-June

The Crimson King- McNeill- tbd

Black Legion vol. II- Dembski Bowden- Fall 2017

Roughneck - Jeff Lemire- April

City of Miracles by Robert J. Bennett has a blurb/description out on amazon.co.uk - I'm going to post it, but hid it with the spoiler tag because, well...some might find it a bit spoilerish (I don't know if an official description can be considered a spoiler, BUT...the description mentions the driving force of the story, and...well...go see for yourself...or avoid if you want to open the book knowing nothing...)

Spoiler

Sigrud je Harkvaldsson is back, and this time he's out for vengeance.

Shara Komayd, once Prime Minister of Saypur, has been assassinated. News travels fast and far, even to a remote logging town somewhere northwest of Bulikov, where the silent, shaven-headed Dreyling worker 'Bjorn' picks up the newspaper and walks out. He is shocked and grieved and furious; he's been waiting thirteen years for Shara, his closest friend, to reach out to him - to tell him to come home. He's always believed she was running a long operation, that there would be a role for him at the right time. Now he has no one else in his life, and nothing to live for - except to find the people who did this.

Sigrud wasn't there for the death of his daughter Signe, and he wasn't there when his old comrade Shara was murdered. Now Bjorn is dead and Sigrud is back. And he will find answers, for Shara, and for himself. He's made a promise . . .

Edit:  Missed that Garlan posted it earlier - sorry!

Huh. Hum. I ... did not expect that. That's ... that's certainly a bold narrative move. It'll be interesting to see if that works. In Bennett we trust. But ... ooph. It's certainly a big way to start your series wrap-up book.

So the last of Max Gladstone's Craft Sequence books that Tor had contracted for came out the other day, and I was wondering anxiously if there was a next step for the series publishing-wise, since Gladstone seemed to regularly refer to plans for more. I now have my answer. All current fans of the excellence that is the work of Max Gladstone behold:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/max-gladstones-craft-sequence-moves-to-tor-com-publishing-will-mix-novels-and-novellas-continue-to-be-awesome/

On 8/11/2016 at 9:19 PM, Maester Llama said:

So the last of Max Gladstone's Craft Sequence books that Tor had contracted for came out the other day, and I was wondering anxiously if there was a next step for the series publishing-wise, since Gladstone seemed to regularly refer to plans for more. I now have my answer. All current fans of the excellence that is the work of Max Gladstone behold:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/blog/sci-fi-fantasy/max-gladstones-craft-sequence-moves-to-tor-com-publishing-will-mix-novels-and-novellas-continue-to-be-awesome/

More details - What We Know About Max Gladstone’s Next Book: Six Feet Over

Release Date : Unconfirmed, but probably July 2017.

With the exception of Two Serpents Rise, a new Craft Sequence book has come out every July since 2013. Internally, Tor.com Publishing can report that Gladstone is on track to deliver Six Feet Over in time to continue that tradition.

Read the whole article i've linked to,lot's and lot's of details about future books set in the Craft universe.

Chris Wooding has a new book tentatively scheduled for publication at end of 2017.It's a return to epic fantasy.No title as of yet.

In other news, am 200K words into my new book, probably another 100K to go. It’s big! Epic fantasy is epic, it turns out. Will let you know when I have a title and when I can reveal more. Current release date is probably end of next year, but nothing fixed yet.

The Boy on the Bridge by M. R. Carey – 4 May 2017

Orbit is publishing a new novel by bestselling author M R Carey, The Boy on the Bridge. It will be set in the same world as "word-of-mouth phenomenon" The Girl With All the Gifts that has since been turned into a film by Warner Bros starring Gemma Arterton.

The novel, scheduled for a summer 2017 release, will be "emotionally charged and powerful", according to the publisher, and receive a "major" worldwide launch. It publishes simultaneously in the UK and US, in hardback, e-book and audio.

Carey, who as Mike Carey also writes X-Men comic books for Marvel, said: "Returning to the world of The Girl With All the Gifts felt like coming home in a weird way. And every time I visit I find something I didn’t know was there. The Boy on the Bridge is very much its own thing, not a continuation of Melanie’s story but a new journey with a new cast of characters. But it answers a lot of questions that The Girl With All the Gifts implicitly asked."

Tim Holman, Orbit publisher in the UK and US, said: "The Girl With All the Gifts has been a genuine word-of-mouth phenomenon and it’s getting bigger every month. We’ve already sold 600,000 copies worldwide and sold rights in twenty-nine languages – and of course we’re hugely looking forward to the movie coming later this year. It’s a wonderful novel that has redefined a genre and been embraced by an extraordinary range of readers. The Boy on the Bridge is equally brilliant – and we can’t wait to publish it."

Archived