The books coming out in 2017

AncalagonTheBlack

9 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Hey, @Peadar.

That's a great piece in the Irish Times. Has really whetted my appetite for The Call.

Been seeing an awful lot of love for it on the interwebz. You must be very excited.

Ah, thanks, Spockydog. Although the article contains two typos I really wish I could take back. And yes, I am practically vibrating with joy ;) Only a week before it's out...

:ph34r:

9 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Book 3 has now been moved to May. 

Not that I disbelieve you but where did you read this? The last word I can see from Hobb is Here where she says she has turned the manuscript in and awaits word from her editors. This was 17th August.

2 hours ago, Calibandar said:

Here you go:

https://www.amazon.com/Assassins-Fate-Book-Fitz-trilogy/dp/0553392956/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1472117141&sr=1-1

Just a minor shift in scheduling it seems since the manuscript is done.

A lot of awesome books being released in short order next year IMO.

It says 7th March on Amazon UK still. Not that I would fully trust an Amazon release date at this point.

But it's not a big deal, important thing is we will be getting this next year some time, which is awesome :) 

On 24/08/2016 at 8:52 PM, Peadar said:

Ah, thanks, Spockydog. Although the article contains two typos I really wish I could take back. And yes, I am practically vibrating with joy ;) Only a week before it's out...

:ph34r:

Well, best of luck, man. I've always had something of a fascination with Celtic mythology, ever since my gran gave me The Book of Conquests for Christmas when I was a wee lad. Heh, I remember my Mum going absolutely freakin' apeshit when I showed this page to my dad, while my mad old gran sat chuckling to herself in the corner. Happy days!

Anyways, I'm so psyched for this book. I love the idea of a bitter and malevolent Tuatha dwelling in The Grey Lands. Sounds awesome.

I'm really excited about WINTER'S TIDE, which is the novel-length sequel to the Litany of Earth by Ruthanna Emyrs. It may be released early, though, since they're already sending out the ARCs.

https://www.amazon.com/Winter-Innsmouth-Legacy-Ruthanna-Emrys-ebook/dp/B01F20E8OQ/

For those unfamiliar with it, the Innsmouth Legacy is a satire of Lovecraft's writings where the Deep Ones and their descendants were victims of government racism and a desire to destroy non-humans mixing peacefully with regular ones.

11 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Well, best of luck, man. I've always had something of a fascination with Celtic mythology, ever since my gran gave me The Book of Conquests for Christmas when I was a wee lad. Heh, I remember my Mum going absolutely freakin' apeshit when I showed this page to my dad, while my mad old gran sat chuckling to herself in the corner. Happy days!

Anyways, I'm so psyched for this book. I love the idea of a bitter and malevolent Tuatha dwelling in The Grey Lands. Sounds awesome.

Oh, I remember that page very fondly myself ;) I hope you enjoy my story even half as much, although it lacks the talents of Jim Fitzpatrick...

• 3 weeks later...

New blurb for Red Sister by Mark Lawrence:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Red-Sister-Book-Ancestor/dp/0008152292/

"I was born for killing – the gods made me to ruin"

At the Convent of Sweet Mercy young girls are raised to be killers. In a few the old bloods show, gifting talents rarely seen since the tribes beached their ships on Abeth. Sweet Mercy hones its novices’ skills to deadly effect: it takes ten years to educate a Red Sister in the ways of blade and fist.

But even the mistresses of sword and shadow don’t truly understand what they have purchased when Nona Grey is brought to their halls as a bloodstained child of eight, falsely accused of murder: guilty of worse.

Stolen from the shadow of the noose, Nona is sought by powerful enemies, and for good reason. Despite the security and isolation of the convent her secret and violent past will find her out. Beneath a dying sun that shines upon a crumbling empire, Nona Grey must come to terms with her demons and learn to become a deadly assassin if she is to survive…

A brilliant new series from the bestselling author of PRINCE OF THORNS

• 2 weeks later...

Debut fantasy trilogy Age of Assassins to Orbit

Little, Brown Book Group imprint Orbit has acquired an epic fantasy trilogy about a trained assassin by British debut author RJ Barker.

Age of Assassins, the first in the series, will be published in late summer 2017. It tells the story of Girton Club-foot, a young man apprenticed to a master assassin, who is thrust into a world of politics and treachery when the queen hires the duo not to cause an assassination, but to prevent one.

Wilson predicted the book would "make a big splash in the fantasy world", to which Hill added: "We couldn’t be happier to be publishing R J. His debut is confident and stylish, masterful in the execution: it doesn’t let go once it has you in its grasp. In fact it’s just like a master assassin itself."

Age of Assassins is promised to receive a "major" worldwide launch, with Orbit publishing simultaneously in the UK and US. Heyne pre-empted for German rights.

Barker said: "It still feels slightly surreal that after so many years of reading and loving books by Orbit authors I'm now set to become one, and having met the team I don't think Girton could be in better hands."

The Idiot Gods (The Maji Trilogy) by David Zindell - 23 March 2017 (Harper Voyager)

A stunning new epic fantasy which tells of how the rapid development of magic transforms a world.

On the world of Erdu it is late in a long, dark age. Everywhere magic is woven into the fabric of society, but it is a low magic of little power. There is a growing sense, though, that all the seperate strands of magic are becoming more developed and powerful. The most learned of the wizards are whispering a word out of the mists of time: the Behel Lus. This is thought to be the single power that feeds the working of all magic. Masters of the greatest guilds begin seeking ways of understanding how the Behel Lus might accomplish such seemingly different feats as making a love charm or calling up a rain cloud. In the air hangs a sense of discovery, excitement and great possibilities.

On his eighteenth birthday, the slave Nicholas Medeus overhears a trader describing a magic school where men are taught to fly like eagles and summon dragons’ and immediately begins planning his escape. Although he manages to steal his owner’s fastest horse, he has never ridden before, and his pursuers soon catch up with him. But Nicholas has a talent he was not aware he possessed; just as he is about to be caught he transforms into a wolf.

On reaching the school of magic, dirty and half-starved, Nicholas is met with ridicule. But when he manages to summon an eagle he gains the favour of three of the wizards and is admitted to the school. Now begins the growth of the most poweful wizard Erdu has ever seen. Nicholas will eventually come to a deep understanding of the Behel Lus and how it can be used to the benefit of humankind. But he will also gain bitter rivals, with very different ideas.

1 hour ago, redeagl said:

Late summer/early Fall 2017 

It seems plans are going to shit for him too:

Book Three of Stormlight. I don’t want to let this series languish with three year gaps between books, as I was forced to do between books one and two. Because of this, I’ll try to be doing them at 18 month or 24 month intervals at the most.

Late summer would be 41 months.

Archived