Pokemon Go

Denvek

2 hours ago, Leap said:

On the first spin of each day you get a bonus number of items, but none of the bonus items will show in your journal. Don't know why that is, but unless those 15 Pokestops didn't include your first spin of the day, you almost certainly got more than 6 Pokeballs. Otherwise, just extremely bad luck I guess.

I have lots of potions! :D

It's not normally so bad as this, just a poor run of luck.

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

I went through my journal - from my past 15 stops I collected 6 PokeBalls. Not impressed by that, I know it's to push me to make an in-game purchase.

But I just chucked out the potions from my bag (WOW! 20 WHOLE hit points?! ZOMG!) and will try again on my next walk. Not with high hopes. Meanwhile, I'm down to less than 10 balls of each type. :( 

I hit a shopping center today that happened to have something like 8 stops in the parking lot. After my shopping, I very slowly drove a couple of loops to pick up some balls and km for my eggs before heading up.  I was back up to about 40ish or so then spent them all walking around my neighborhood.  Tomorrow I'm going to a place that has lots of stops.  Might drop a lucky egg and try to get leveled up.  

I have some lures, too. Is it best to drop a lure and a lucky egg at the same time?  

Also, just found out what a ditto is.  Caught a rat that was a ditto.  

22 minutes ago, Yukle said:

I have lots of potions! :D

It's not normally so bad as this, just a poor run of luck.

Does anyone else trash their potions?  It got to a point where I couldn't collect more balls so I started trashing potions since I never used them.  I don't do gyms because my CP is never high enough to fight so I figured no point in potions.  

I have trashed my potions a lot. The weak ones and half of my revives since I don't battle much. Caught another Ditto today. I hatched all my eggs and my Pokestops aren't giving me any. It's so crazy to have 1000 XP out of 350,000 needed. I just want to get to level 30 for no good reason.

I'm lucky in the respect that I have pokestops all over the place.  On-screen from our place there are 28 of them or something.  I get up to 20 stops a day just walking the kids to school and picking them up as a church along the way has three at it.  I have to say they seem unusually ungenerous lately.  There seem to be lots of three-item spins, 

The gym I got into two weeks ago is still untouched.  I've been getting coins from it each day.  A couple of days ago I camped out by another one past it and waited while a guy was battling it.  I didn't have enough revives to get the 7K to up it to the next level so I left.  Today I happened to be going by there and it was exactly the same.  I burned through everything I had and got it up to level 10 and my best pokemon, a 2200+ Vaporeon, is in the ninth position.  The bad news I still need 15 or so revives to get everyone back to strength.  I can see 6 gyms from the house and three are always quickly retaken by Red when hit.  I've been scraping into one or both of the other two to collect and, oftentimes, a few hours later they switch hands again.  Sometimes I whack away at the ones Red covets just to be an ass.  Since the gym change you can take them over occasionally if you collect right away and plan on losing it.  The two I'm in right now, off-screen, not within walking distance, and not in a place where I go regularly, seem to remain untouched.  We'll see.

Still haven't found a ditto but I've had a quite a few seemingly overpowered basic pokemons get away.  I haven't had much time to play in the last week either so I'll keep trying.  I got my first Exeggutor this week after frantically walking for the coins to do so while the bonus was still in place.  I got a couple of other new ones while the bonus was still going.  I had a 10K egg and got a bloody Chansey out of it.

@dalThor. I've never even seen a Chansey! You are so lucky to live in a real place with Pokestops. My closest one is 2 miles away. I drive a lot with the phone on, while charging, so I can get some Ks when traffic is slow. Today I finally got enough candies to evolve my Grinder, but I'm going to wait to evolve it during the Christmas event, if there's one. I'm now walking with my Kadabra. I need 20 candies to evolve it at 3k/candy. Any news on Christmas/New Year's event?

On 2016-12-01 at 2:22 AM, Dr. Pepper said:

I have some lures, too. Is it best to drop a lure and a lucky egg at the same time?  

I realize now that I misread your post, lure and lucky egg is fine together. However, I once tried to use a lucky egg with insense and the egg was cancelled, was really annoyed when I realized it after leveling all my pokemons.....

Anyway, I have two pokestops at the edge of my screen so I'm always out of balls, revives and potions.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 2:24 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Do people get into renaming their Pokémon?

I did for a while.  All my top guys had GoT names. My two favorites were Ilyn Payne for my Exeggutor and Sansa for my Venomoth (pretty purple poison ;) ).

Also like my 2 vaporions, Asha and Theon and Jynx as Magi the Frog

ETA:  Has anyone noticed the new tracker? It lead me straight to an Onix yesterday.  I was so excited, I got lost :D

I saw the Onix on the tracker and noticed that it showed the nearest pokestop, I didn't know where it was, so I was going to ask my co-worker. when I tapped it, it showed me exactly where it was.  Most exciting thing to happen yet!

20 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'm deciding if I like the new tracker or not...still not certain.

much better than going up and down the roads in the neighborhood looking for something your tracker says is nearby.  before it told you nothing really.

maybe it takes some of the mystery out of it/makes it easier, but I'm ok with that :P

14 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I'm deciding if I like the new tracker or not...still not certain.

I like it - that combined with the nest migration has let me catch enough Exeggcutes to get an Exeggutor. Also while doing that I hatched a Growlithe, so I also now have my first Arcanine.

I found a wild exeggute today too.  It seems there are also nidorans poking around too.  No tracker here in Greece yet though.

I was in actual downtown Athens today, got off the train and there was a pokestop on every bloody corner.  There was a park area near my destination downtown whose entirety was a nest with about 20 stops within about a three square block area.  At some point someone had dropped three lures in there but I was otherwise obligated at the time. :(

11 hours ago, Leap said:

So, now that I've pumped loads of stardust and candy into my Cloyster, people seem to have stopped putting Dragonite into gyms. In fact, I seem to have entered a truce with my nearby players.

I've been wondering - were Dragonites nerfed? They seem to be a lot rarer now. Gyrados is super common, perhaps people have finally collected enough candy for them.

2 hours ago, Yukle said:

I've been wondering - were Dragonites nerfed? They seem to be a lot rarer now. Gyrados is super common, perhaps people have finally collected enough candy for them.

Speak for yourself.  Never seen a Dragonite outside of a gym and I'm no where near the requisite candy to evolve a Gyrados...

6 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Speak for yourself.  Never seen a Dragonite outside of a gym and I'm no where near the requisite candy to evolve a Gyrados...

I only need 314 more to make my CP10 Magikarp rule all.

Archived