TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

greetings to each and everyone of you....save the lord (lady) of sith...for him/her i say there is no comparison between the a war in the stars vs a trek through the same...

congrats to the consort...she is obviously not a herbert.... ;)

and i shall now give a spammy shout out to one of the greatest star trek episode ever

:smoking:

9 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

A Trek thread so close to Star Wars Celebration. How distasteful. SMH,

I find their lack of faith disturbing

7 hours ago, DreamSongs said:

I'm great Helena!  I see ab remains crabby:rolleyes:

That should be Krabby :D 

Glad you are okay. Is living with the sister as bad as you expected?

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

That should be Krabby :D 

This reminds me suspiciously of this.

42 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I never really watch Star Trek... :leaving:

Me neither. Let us kneel in a corner and think about our live decisions throughly together. :leaving:

13 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

A Trek thread so close to Star Wars Celebration. How distasteful. SMH,

Notice the almost instantaneous derailment back to a more elegant universe for a far superior age.

4 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I find their lack of faith disturbing

*Nods solemnly*

36 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

Notice the almost instantaneous derailment back to a more elegant universe for a far superior age.

As it should be.

What a Celebration though <3 Hamill and Ray Park were excellent as always, John Boyega was awesome during his brief appearance, Gwendoline Christie, Kathy Kennedy, Dave Filoni, the costumes, the panels, the two episodes of SW Rebels. And so many little Reys, and they're all so adorable, and so many adult Reys, and they're all pretty hot.

Young Han Solo is cast; and He, is officially back in canon. Perhaps only Revan would have gotten a longer standing ovation than Grand Admiral Thrawn.

3 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

This reminds me suspiciously of this.

Me neither. Let us kneel in a corner and think about our live decisions throughly together. :leaving:

:lol: 

Me either, never got the appeal

30 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

*Nods solemnly*

As it should be.

What a Celebration though <3 Hamill and Ray Park were excellent as always, John Boyega was awesome during his brief appearance, Gwendoline Christie, Kathy Kennedy, Dave Filoni, the costumes, the panels, the two episodes of SW Rebels. And so many little Reys, and they're all so adorable, and so many adult Reys, and they're all pretty hot.

Young Han Solo is cast; and He, is officially back in canon. Perhaps only Revan would have gotten a longer standing ovation than Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Good lord, adorable little Reys? Is this your heart thawing? I will be disappointed if it is :P 

glad you had fun though :) i was working in a bar with no air con and customers who kept closing the doors and windows despite the heat. Fun times

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

*Nods solemnly*

As it should be.

I think it is probably the adult Reys thawing...something.  Here's a little help, Ab. :D

Sounds like a hot summer in your area Helena.  Sister and Mom are frustrating and my work schedule/life style aren't exactly compatible with the running of the household.  Mom is just as hard-headed about doing physical and occupational therapy as Pops was.  With everything going on in the news, the RNC this week and the differing political views in the house, I'm hiding in my room :ninja:

2 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Good lord, adorable little Reys? Is this your heart thawing? I will be disappointed if it is :P 

glad you had fun though :) i was working in a bar with no air con and customers who kept closing the doors and windows despite the heat. Fun times

If I have a daughter who turns out a little Rey, I shall disown her, some things are just unforgivable.

Adult Reys can be turned or destroyed!!.

3 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

If I have a daughter who turns out a little Rey, I shall disown her, some things are just unforgivable.

Rey is so awesome, even a Sith should be able to recognise it.

But then, maybe it is in Siths' nature to disappoint ...

:P

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

No, you should all kneel in front of the TV and start watching Star Trek. Deep Space Nine is by far the best series, but you might need to watch TNG first to fully appreciate it (at the very least, Q-Who and Best of Both Worlds). Or TOS if you like 60s TV, though I wouldn't recommend starting there if you're used to more modern fare. Or if you're not up for a whole series, maybe the Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home movies.

And if you're judging it by the JJ Abominations, don't.

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

Rey is so awesome, even a Sith should be able to recognise it.

But then, maybe it is in Siths' nature to disappoint ...

:P

A Sith wants her to fall to the Dark Side, only then can she be awesome.

I think it's vastly unfair of Disney/SW to only give us a Jedi Heroine, who are the girls who feel the call of the Dark Side meant to look up to?, huge market gap.....

7 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

My heart will never melt, however they were little Reys of sunshine that warmed my post.

5 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

They just need to be Reysed properly.

21 minutes ago, felice said:

No, you should all kneel in front of the TV and start watching Star Trek. Deep Space Nine is by far the best series, but you might need to watch TNG first to fully appreciate it (at the very least, Q-Who and Best of Both Worlds). Or TOS if you like 60s TV, though I wouldn't recommend starting there if you're used to more modern fare. Or if you're not up for a whole series, maybe the Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home movies.

And if you're judging it by the JJ Abominations, don't.

JJ screwed Trek and revived Wars. A true hero. :lol:

20 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

A Sith wants her to fall to the Dark Side, only then can she be awesome.

I think it's vastly unfair of Disney/SW to only give us a Jedi Heroine, who are the girls who feel the call of the Dark Side meant to look up to?, huge market gap.....

There's a cool female dark sider in The Clone Wars tbf. And one in Rebels, too. 

2 minutes ago, ab aeterno said:

There's a cool female dark sider in The Clone Wars tbf. And one in Rebels, too. 

There needs to be one in the main films, and not a morally grey one, a true Sith Lord who can restore peace to the Galaxy.

1 hour ago, ab aeterno said:

My heart will never melt, however they were little Reys of sunshine that warmed my post.

Poe, a dear, a handsome dear
Rey, a drop of golden sun
Ren, a name he calls himself
Finn, a long long way to run
Snoke, a master pulling threads
Hux, a guy who follows Snoke
Lei-a who lost Han and Ben
And who sent out pilot Poe-oe-oe-oe

17 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

I didn't hate them...

They discovered a cure for death because for some reason McCoy though it would be a good idea to inject a sample of the villain's blood into a dead tribble.

5 minutes ago, felice said:

They discovered a cure for death because for some reason McCoy though it would be a good idea to inject a sample of the villain's blood into a dead tribble.

Sure it made no sense, but films are guilty of far worse. I'd much rather that than they realistically debate tedious galactic rules. :P Usually I am the one to complain about brainless fun films, but I feel Abrams Trek has been unfairly criticised on this point. The angriest voices often shout the loudest. They've both been healthy at the box office, and whilst this isn't necessarily an indicator of quality it shows you what people want.They don't hate this form of Trek.

On a joking note, here's an Onion article around the time of Star Trek (2009)'s release: http://www.theonion.com/video/trekkies-bash-new-star-trek-film-as-fun-watchable-14333

1 hour ago, The BlackBear said:

Sure it made no sense, but films are guilty of far worse.

Well yes, there's Michael Bay. But I don't think wanting stories to make sense is an unreasonable desire...

12 hours ago, felice said:

Poe, a dear, a handsome dear
Rey, a drop of golden sun
Ren, a name he calls himself
Finn, a long long way to run
Snoke, a master pulling threads
Hux, a guy who follows Snoke
Lei-a who lost Han and Ben
And who sent out pilot Poe-oe-oe-oe

:bowdown: Beautiful. Just perfect. I love The Sound of Music. :wub:

I am going to see Dory later today. It has been ages since I was in the cinema for a cartoon.

Archived