TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

2 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

:bowdown: Beautiful. Just perfect. I love The Sound of Music. :wub:

I am going to see Dory later today. It has been ages since I was in the cinema for a cartoon.

Did you not see Zootopia at the cinema? That wasn't so long ago

On 17/7/2016 at 0:30 AM, Lord Sidious said:

Even if that were true, my title would still be Lord, the Sith use Lord as a unisex title, you don't know your enemy very well.....Jedi.

Anyway, Dark and Light do sometimes work together:

Not true. The Siths used the title Darth as unisex title like what happens for Darth Traya, Darth Talon, Darth Maladi and Darth Wyyrlok. Tut tut those new Sith don't even know their own lore.

On 17/7/2016 at 1:35 AM, Adara said:

My favourite episode is The Sign of Three.

brace yourself, crackpottery is coming:

Hide contents

Thoughts from the special:

It was all about equality, Votes for women ect. So I think, the next Moriarty is female. In fact I think, Janine is Jim's Sister and she's taking over his "empire" if you want to call it like that (he certainly would :D). Why? Not just because of a little family resemblance.

Because the last thing we hear her say to Sherlock in S03E03 is "I'll give your love to John and Mary" which you could see in a different way than just a courtesy.'The love' he showed to her was manipulative and outright cruel. If she meant it literally, John and Mary better duck and cover. "You lied and lied. You shouldn't have lied to me. We could have been friends." Honestly, she's not done with it. And she appeared in the special, said something similar again while we see the flashbacks of their relationship.

So I think Jim Moriarty is truly dead. But was does Sherlock say in the special at the church? "Look at this room, it's full of brides. Once the idea is out, you cannot stop it" or something like this. And I say: "Look at the world, it's full of Moriartys.... " Janine is in the right position to pick up the sword of her fallen brother. And I think she is more into the whole theme of blackmail than anyone else could be.

As Magnussen's assistant, Janine was at the right spot to gather information about simply everyone and everything. Perhaps Moriarty and Magnussen even were working hand in hand at a time and she was their link. How else would Magnussen have known about Redbeard (whatever there is to know)? Mycroft told John he gave away pieces of information about Sherlock to get hints about Moriarty's network in trade. I don't think Mycroft ever gave Informations about Sherlock to Magnussen, but he knew about Redbeard anyway.

Worst thing is: I think Mary is one of the shooters at the swimming pool in S01E03 and I have the stupid feeling, she blew up the old lady and the flats. Boom. And it was all on the memory stick John burnt without reading. Magnussen knew this and tried to use it against her, voilá, there you have "His last Vow". But before that we have the telegrams at S03E02  "Oodles of love and heaps of good wishes, from Cam. Wish your family could have seen this." CAM? Charles Augustus Magnussen? Might be. The expression on her face says: Yes.

I wish I'd feel a little less nerdy-ish right now.

So... I liked the special.

I had never thought it like that. I can see Moffat doing something like that and I like it, much more what they had tried to do with Elementary. My fav was His last vow I only wish that we see more of Mr. and Mrs. Holmes. Also I want to see who "the other one" is, maybe we will have the no canon olderst brother? I cannot see why not but I don't see who would look like a brother for Sherlock and Mycroft.

On 17/7/2016 at 3:33 AM, Eyron said:

Hey new thread!! Congrats to JQC, my cAPSLOCK SISTER :thumbsup:

I'm becoming one of those terrible fly-by people now, but I still wanted to say hi to you all. I hope each and everyone of you are doing well.

tEAM cAPSLOCK! :D

On 18/7/2016 at 0:05 AM, DreamSongs said:

A SITH BABY?  :wub:

Congrats on the new thread JQC!

Hi everyone...I'm afraid that I've also become a fly-by :(

Hope everyone is having a great summer!  HAR! HAR! HAR!

Bex :) How are you?

On 18/7/2016 at 2:34 AM, ab aeterno said:

A Trek thread so close to Star Wars Celebration. How distasteful. SMH,

Yet the new Trek movie is just three days away. :P

On 18/7/2016 at 6:10 AM, rocksniffer said:

congrats to the consort...she is obviously not a herbert.... ;)

What is a herbert?

On 18/7/2016 at 0:46 PM, The BlackBear said:

I never really watch Star Trek... :leaving:

*ding ding ding* SHAME SHAME SHAME *ding ding ding* SHAME SHAME SHAME*ding ding ding* SHAME SHAME SHAME*ding ding ding* 

On 18/7/2016 at 11:38 PM, felice said:

No, you should all kneel in front of the TV and start watching Star Trek. Deep Space Nine is by far the best series, but you might need to watch TNG first to fully appreciate it (at the very least, Q-Who and Best of Both Worlds). Or TOS if you like 60s TV, though I wouldn't recommend starting there if you're used to more modern fare. Or if you're not up for a whole series, maybe the Wrath of Khan, Search for Spock, and Voyage Home movies.

And if you're judging it by the JJ Abominations, don't.

I disagree. For me TNG was the best series next was DS9 and the TOS.

The only good thing about JJA's movies is Bones played by Eomer.

Just came back from the trip to Germany that I made with two friends (at least, it was intended to be that but we ended up spending time in Luxembourg, France and Belgium too). Had a very good time, the one downside was the amount of homophobic comments from one of the friends, he has no idea about me so I don't think he meant some of the stuff he said but it was a bummer in an otherwise lovely week.

Congrats JQC! Hope this thread will move faster than the last one.

On ‎18‎-‎7‎-‎2016 at 3:22 PM, ab aeterno said:

What a Celebration though <3 Hamill and Ray Park were excellent as always, John Boyega was awesome during his brief appearance, Gwendoline Christie, Kathy Kennedy, Dave Filoni, the costumes, the panels, the two episodes of SW Rebels. And so many little Reys, and they're all so adorable, and so many adult Reys, and they're all pretty hot.

Young Han Solo is cast; and He, is officially back in canon. Perhaps only Revan would have gotten a longer standing ovation than Grand Admiral Thrawn.

Sounds sweet. And shit, that is one awesome announcement I missed. Great that it's Zahn writing it too.

Also, didn't they cast Ehrenreich months ago? I feel like we've had confirmation that it'll be him for ages.

18 hours ago, felice said:

Poe, a dear, a handsome dear
Rey, a drop of golden sun
Ren, a name he calls himself
Finn, a long long way to run
Snoke, a master pulling threads
Hux, a guy who follows Snoke
Lei-a who lost Han and Ben
And who sent out pilot Poe-oe-oe-oe

That's pretty cool, right there.

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I am going to see Dory later today. It has been ages since I was in the cinema for a cartoon.

Animation. 

3 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Yet the new Trek movie is just three days away. :P

Star Wars Celebration was 1 day away. 

Besides, while I've watched pretty much all the Trek stuff there is... it's largely watchable but far from spectacular, IMO. Not any contest with SW, at any rate.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

Sounds sweet. And shit, that is one awesome announcement I missed. Great that it's Zahn writing it too.

Also, didn't they cast Ehrenreich months ago? I feel like we've had confirmation that it'll be him for ages.

Nah, not officially confirmed until Sunday, and he'd never been publicly introduced before.

3 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Congrats JQC! Hope this thread will move faster than the last one.

No! It will live forever *mad laugh*

2 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Besides, while I've watched pretty much all the Trek stuff there is... it's largely watchable but far from spectacular, IMO. Not any contest with SW, at any rate.

Agree SW is by far better however ST seems more possible and makes you dreaming that someday what you see may be reality. As a a fan of all things sci fi, space and awesome I believe that the best sci fi universe is...

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

This one's not my work (mostly), Ab's comment just brought it to mind.

9 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

It's fun 8) I'm off to Ghostbusters myself.

6 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

What is a herbert?

6 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

I disagree. For me TNG was the best series next was DS9 and the TOS.

I liked DS9 because it had a lot more in the way of ongoing story arc, and the non-Starfleet characters added interest.

5 minutes ago, felice said:

I wasn't recalling that one. I hated those space hippies! 

9 minutes ago, felice said:

I liked DS9 because it had a lot more in the way of ongoing story arc, and the non-Starfleet characters added interest.

I can understand, but TNG was the Star Trek that made me like Star Trek. It also has Professor X which is a huge  advantage.

I too have joined the Pokémon Go crowd. I can't really be arsed to do a lot of extra walking around for it though.

I'm also one of those who have never watched any Star Trek.

3 hours ago, ab aeterno said:

Nah, not officially confirmed until Sunday, and he'd never been publicly introduced before.

Huh, I guess. Have you seen him in anything? I hope he'll make a good Han.

1 hour ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

No! It will live forever *mad laugh*

Agree SW is by far better however ST seems more possible and makes you dreaming that someday what you see may be reality. As a a fan of all things sci fi, space and awesome I believe that the best sci fi universe is...

I hope not, the last thread came dangerously close to living forever :P 

I've seen about four scenes total of Dr. Who, but three of those were pretty good.

1 hour ago, HelenaExMachina said:

You should all go do yourselves a favour and watch stranger things on Netflix. Tis good.

Dr who is another where I didn't get the huge appeal.

i downloaded Pokemon go, went for a walk around and promptly dropped my phone in the beck. http://i.imgur.com/J7onlxx.jpg 

You great big ###

7 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

Not true. The Siths used the title Darth as unisex title like what happens for Darth Traya, Darth Talon, Darth Maladi and Darth Wyyrlok. Tut tut those new Sith don't even know their own lore.

You are mistaken about a great many things, Darth makes up part of a name, the title I'm referring to of course is Dark Lord of the Sith, this title applies to both male and female Sith.

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

I hope not, the last thread came dangerously close to living forever :P 

I've seen about four scenes total of Dr. Who, but three of those were pretty good.

For me Doctor who is what Someone told during the 50 year special; 

You know the sound the TARDIS makes? That wheezing, groaning? That sound brings hope wherever it goes.[...]To anyone who hears it, Doctor. Anyone. However lost. Even you.

and

C.S. Lewis meets H.G. Wells meets Father Christmas. That's the Doctor.

from from An Adventure in Space and Time

32 minutes ago, Lord Sidious said:

You are mistaken about a great many things, Darth makes up part of a name, the title I'm referring to of course is Dark Lord of the Sith, this title applies to both male and female Sith.

Not true *cough*Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith.*cough*

13 hours ago, Jon's Queen Consort said:

What is a herbert?

*<snip>

well felice straightened it out... :cheers:

and i am on the opposite end of your spectrum JQC...i dig those hippies...

we are ONE...

:smoking:

Archived