TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

3 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

While I would absolutely love to have somebody convince me that everything is okay, I'm beginning to realize that everything is not okay and for once I could try changing the undesirable factors of my life for desirable ones instead of switching up the labels and shifting my mindset to think that the undesirable factors are not really undesirable, when obviously they are, no matter how much I would like to believe they aren't. But change is breaking through a brick wall of fear and self-doubt, only to be out in the unknown, which is as daunting as coming face to face with your wall of fear and tearing it down, so daunting that it makes you want to scurry back behind the remains of the wall, rebuild it and stay in the place you know, no matter how undesirable it is, after all, what's the guarantee that the unknown will turn out to be desirable? 

And of course how is one supposed to fit the 21st century brainwash into the whole picture? Am I thinking the place I'm in is undesirable because that's what society conditioned me to do? Am I thinking that society conditioned me to think the place I'm in is undesirable because that's what society is conditioning me to do? Does society want me to question myself? Does somebody benefit from this? Is there a Bond villain multi-billionaire American who is responsible for this? Is it a Faceless Man? Are these thoughts even mine? Are they Jaqen's? Or Syrio's? Are these thoughts even real? Where did all these bars of soap come from? 

Believe it or not, your thought process is actually pretty similar to mine. But since my mind keeps going in similar circles I cannot provide any answers, only more questions :P 

The first half is very true though.

22 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

RB, I think I understand you. Not like your post made any sense, but I think it was understandable. :)
When did it get so cold? And throat is no better after the lesson. Grrr. Stopppp!

Thanks for saying that :grouphug: I mean I think my post  made perfect sense, because it did - to me, creatively -, but even if it didn't, thanks for saying you understand it really means a lot right now. 

(Footnote: this day went from bad to good and back to absolutely horrible) 

I'm sorry about your throat, make sure you drink a lot during those classes, increase vitamin C intake and maybe try one of those sore throat drops. Get well soon! 

@First of My Name yay, I'm not (too) mad! :cheers: 

26 minutes ago, rocksniffer said:

honey and lemon water during lectures my beloved former Queen (i prefer it warm but room temp will suffice)...it will ease the stress on throat and provide good vitamin C for immunity boost

:smoking:

Thanks, sailor ... I just had a cup of tea with honey and lemon. I am saving my voice.

9 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Thanks for saying that :grouphug: I mean I think my post  made perfect sense, because it did - to me, creatively -, but even if it didn't, thanks for saying you understand it really means a lot right now. 

(Footnote: this day went from bad to good and back to absolutely horrible) 

I'm sorry about your throat, make sure you drink a lot during those classes, increase vitamin C intake and maybe try one of those sore throat drops. Get well soon!

"Creatively, it made sense ... " ;)

Yes, well, it might have sounded crazy and disconnected, but I think I understand it, and feel approximately the same at some moments.

Sorry about the bad day. :grouphug:

I took three throat pills today already, but they do not seem to work all that well. Tea might be better.

tea works as delivery for honey and lemon but just honey lemon water like a simple syrup works best...well works best with a shot of whiskey added but for our sweet flower that might be more than she can stand...just lemon and honey will do job

30 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

Thanks, sailor ... I just had a cup of tea with honey and lemon. I am saving my voice.

"Creatively, it made sense ... " ;)

Yes, well, it might have sounded crazy and disconnected, but I think I understand it, and feel approximately the same at some moments.

Sorry about the bad day. :grouphug:

I took three throat pills today already, but they do not seem to work all that well. Tea might be better.

Thanks... :) 

Try ginger tea. Hot water+freshly grated ginger+honey+lemon, drink when room temp 

7 hours ago, King Tyrion I said:

Morning, everybody.

The sky is grey outside but I got coffee.

How's everybody today?

Not well. Angelina Jolie filed for divorce. :bawl::crying: how could this happen? This is so sad. My heart is broken. The ultimate celebrity couple of my teenage years can't just file for divorce...! This is heartbreaking. They were so perfect. 

On a happier topic, my coat arrived, and it's beautiful, but of course I can't wear it in this stupid summer weather... :rolleyes: 

This morning I felt like I like I could handle whatever the day was gonna thrown at me. I can't remember ever feeling like that before. Pretty nice.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Not well. Angelina Jolie filed for divorce. :bawl::crying: how could this happen? This is so sad. My heart is broken. The ultimate celebrity couple of my teenage years can't just file for divorce...! This is heartbreaking. They were so perfect. 

...And then I saw this :crying:  I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

(Seriously though, I couldn't care less about this. Was she still married to Brad Pitt or was that over already?) 

Of course this song will always be much to handle either way

15 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

This morning I felt like I like I could handle whatever the day was gonna thrown at me. I can't remember ever feeling like that before. Pretty nice.

...And then I saw this :crying:  I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

(Seriously though, I couldn't care less about this. Was she still married to Brad Pitt or was that over already?) 

That's a nice feeling indeed :thumbsup: 

Yeah, she is still married to Brad Pitt. And their Hollywood dream romance is now over. Heartbreaking. (It's not like I can't get over this horrible news in like 5 minutes, just to be clear) 

38 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

That's a nice feeling indeed :thumbsup: 

Yeah, she is still married to Brad Pitt. And their Hollywood dream romance is now over. Heartbreaking. (It's not like I can't get over this horrible news in like 5 minutes, just to be clear) 

Still, those are some horrendous 5 minutes :P 

Somehow I thought they'd separated already. A premonition maybe?

3 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

You have the power of premonition? Wow wow wow! Will I have a loving husband and at least two healthy kids and will we live happily and healthily ever after? O.O 

23 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

In which case, everything is proceeding as you had foreseen.

Work is long and tiring, I went to court today :(.

34 minutes ago, First of My Name said:

Yeah, I'm sorry I had to tell you that. It's probably the case though. 100% of my premonitions have come true :rolleyes: 

My sister is a fan, haven't seen it myself.

And you don't even charge for answering questions? You should at least ask for cookies... 

It's actually holding up quite decently... Considering how awful the book was. 

But it's still really bad. 

35 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

And you don't even charge for answering questions? You should at least ask for cookies... 

:lol:

Throat is slightly better after speaking very quietly in class today. I have one particularly slow student. Or maybe I just suck at teaching, which is probably the case.

1 hour ago, Lord Sidious said:

In which case, everything is proceeding as you had foreseen.

Work is long and tiring, I went to court today :(.

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design (which also happens to be my favorite Sheev quote)

That sucks, but isn't going to court something you'll have to do more often? :P Best get used to it.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

The first one is free of charge. If you ask me another question I'll need Oreos first.

Yeah, it didn't strike me as worth reading or watching. My sister likes but she admits it's pretty flawed.

Archived