TTTNE CDLXV - To boldly go where no thread has gone before.

Jon's Queen Consort

1 hour ago, Buckwheat said:

:lol:

Throat is slightly better after speaking very quietly in class today. I have one particularly slow student. Or maybe I just suck at teaching, which is probably the case

Good to hear the throat is better :) some students are slower than others even with good teachers, they are still worth teaching though. The greater the challenge, the sweeter the success, so just don't give up on him/her! 

1 hour ago, First of My Name said:

The first one is free of charge. If you ask me another question I'll need Oreos first.

Yeah, it didn't strike me as worth reading or watching. My sister likes but she admits it's pretty flawed.

Alright, I'll stock up. :D 

my sister used to like it too. Until she met Ser Baellend of House Bollock from Arsehole. She doesn't like anything anymore :rolleyes: 

I can't seem to get enough of the cheap plot+bad dialogue+ridiculous CGI combo today. While Tywin Lannister did not in the end shit gold, his son Jaime does in fact bleed gold. He had also attended the Waif's Academy of Fighting With A Stick Without Eyesight. I'm loving this movie, it's so so so bad :rofl: 

I wonder if Nikolaj was particularly proud of this movie... "the things I do for money..." He is adorable, per se, but my god, this is ridiculous. And grandpa is Captain Barbossa... :lmao: just how much were all these amazing actors paid to sign up for this...? 

13 minutes ago, RhaenysB said:

Good to hear the throat is better :) some students are slower than others even with good teachers, they are still worth teaching though. The greater the challenge, the sweeter the success, so just don't give up on him/her!

Well the problem is, this course is really short ... there is no time for them to learn everything that slowly.

Thanks. It still hurts, but it is not as bad as yesterday. I hope tomorrow it will be gone.

Oh no, come on now... You can't be serious... Frodo you don't actually need the ring to destroy Sauron even though that's what three movies were about, you just have to be more confident! Harry, don't be silly, you don't need to destroy the horcruxes to kill Voldemort, that was a joke, you just need to believe in yourself! Daenerys, you don't need ships to sail to westeros, that's not really true! You just need to trust yourself and you'll be right over there in the snap of a finger! 

And all that bullshit about Dumbledore having to die, or Cedric, or Boromir or King Theoden! You believed that?! hahaha, they didn't really die, silly, look they are all back! 

What kind of writing is that? :lmao: I just hope Nikolaj got enough money for this shit so that he could buy a deluxe vacation house in Hawaii... 

Gooooooooooods, watch Gods of Egypt, people, it's marvelously horrible! 

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Gooooooooooods, watch Gods of Egypt, people, it's marvelously horrible! 

It's awesome! And doesn't take place in the real Egypt, it's a crazy secondary world fantasy loosely inspired by Egyptian myth. And permadeath wouldn't make sense in a world where the afterlife is a place you can physically visit anyway. It's a silly film, but very pretty and a lot of fun.

14 hours ago, First of My Name said:

Everything that has transpired has done so according to my design (which also happens to be my favorite Sheev quote)

You are learning well, this being King is filling you with a hunger for power and a penchant for  deceit, it's almost making me proud of you.

1 hour ago, RhaenysB said:

Ah, see! Sounds great! *she said, pretending she had a clue about what a translation workshop is* 

Hide contents

So what is it? *whispers* do you sit at a table and translate things like in a class? :dunno: 

Spoiler

Yes, basically that. We get texts to read and translate beforehand to prepare, then exchange ideas and discuss different versions.

21 hours ago, RhaenysB said:

my sister used to like it too. Until she met Ser Baellend of House Bollock from Arsehole. She doesn't like anything anymore :rolleyes: 

I can't seem to get enough of the cheap plot+bad dialogue+ridiculous CGI combo today. While Tywin Lannister did not in the end shit gold, his son Jaime does in fact bleed gold. He had also attended the Waif's Academy of Fighting With A Stick Without Eyesight. I'm loving this movie, it's so so so bad :rofl: 

I wonder if Nikolaj was particularly proud of this movie... "the things I do for money..." He is adorable, per se, but my god, this is ridiculous. And grandpa is Captain Barbossa... :lmao: just how much were all these amazing actors paid to sign up for this...? 

Oh dear, that must be dull.

The trailer looked extremely terrible, so I believe you right away.

8 hours ago, Lord Sidious said:

You are learning well, this being King is filling you with a hunger for power and a penchant for  deceit, it's almost making me proud of you.

I learned from the best. Besides I've only get a few months left as king, best make them count.

Archived