How much time has passed in GoT TV Series?

Lady Knows Nothing

This may come across as stupid question but how much time has passed in GoT? I know in the beginning Arya and Sansa were around the age 10-13, Bran was ten, Robb and Jon I'm guessing were around 15-17. I am just wondering how much or even if time has passed in GoT and if so how old are the Stark children? I know this is very petty question but I really would like to know.

3-5 years. It's highly questionable because Gilly's baby doesn't seem to have aged very much, but Bran and Arya are clearly years older than they were even in Season 3. A good indicator is Myrcella saying she spent "years" in Dorne in late Season 5, when she left for there at the end of Season 2.

The books have covered about 3 years. It's really not at all clear how much time the show's covered, but probably no less time, if not necessarily much more. The progression of time is something that cannot be reliably determined in the show.

According to the GOT Wikipedia, four years have passed between the beginning of the series and the end of the series.  

I actually saw a handy timeline on Reddit a few days ago that maps out the chapters and which happens after each other; I thought it was quite good and comprehensive although there were a few things I disagreed.  I shall have to see if I can find it.

I have posted about little Sam's "non-aging" on a few boards. One of the weirdest facts that is apparent in the show, as if Wildling abandoned boys were not supposed to age because they were always sacrificed to White Walkers. Almost as if the David and Dan do what they can to not really show little Sam. He *should* be 3+ by now and he is not. "Curse" on the Craster's Keep as they weren't supposed to age...ever. 

Its hard to tell what age little sam is, he is always covered up in a blanket, so he could infact be 4 years old and small for his age.

He may well be able to walk and talk but gilly chooses to carry him as the conditions up till arriving at the citadel have not been that nice for a 3/4 year old boy to walk in and he's just a quiet lad ;)

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/17/2016 at 11:01 AM, illinifan said:

According to the GOT Wikipedia, four years have passed between the beginning of the series and the end of the series.  

I actually saw a handy timeline on Reddit a few days ago that maps out the chapters and which happens after each other; I thought it was quite good and comprehensive although there were a few things I disagreed.  I shall have to see if I can find it.

Good information, seriously, but I think what a single specific answer of 4 years really does is highlight and accentuate the almost innumerable timeline inconsistencies in the show.

My view:  I love the show, but the timelines are a nearly total mess, a knot of knots made out of knots that could not be fully untangled even if we spent 1,000 hours trying, cuz of all the things that just plain don't make sense, some of which have already been mentioned.

In my opinion, it's likely that VERY little attention and care have been given to these issues by the show runners.  They roughly follow the chronology of the book, but, in my opinion, seem to have little to no concern whatsoever about glaring issues that just dont make any sense (tip of the iceberg:  Gilly's baby not aging, characters like Tommen and Myrcella suddenly aging about 8 to 10 years in one offseason, numerous acts of seeming "teleportation")

yes it doesn't make sense. How long did Walda's pregnancy last?

if we assume it's normal at least 7-9 months must have passed since season 5.

Edmure has a baby child too.

them how can baby Sam still be a baby? He should be at least 2 and a half or 3. The latter it's more logical to suppose as the minimum age.

Archived