Blu-ray and DVD Details Released

Westeros

The Game of Thrones Season 6 Blu-ray and DVD set is due to hit shelves on November 15th (with digital HD available sooner on August 1st). HBO has finally revealed the contents of the the sets, and there’s quite a lot of interest—particularly a great deal of matter relating to the Tourney at Harrenhal. Quite interesting!

91WmJ89EpsL._SL300_.jpg

Here’s the full details below:

New York, N.Y., July 18, 2016 – Last year’s Emmy® Award winner for Outstanding Drama Series and currently nominated for 23 2016 Emmy® Awards including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Writing, Outstanding Directing Outstanding Supporting Actress (Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Maisie Williams) and Outstanding Supporting Actor (Peter Dinklage, Kit Harrington), Game of Thrones is bigger than ever delivering “the power and pathos fans have come to expect” (Los Angeles Times).  The HBO drama has consistently been the top selling TV on DVD/BD for the past five years and now fans can get the most recent season earlier than ever when Game of Thrones: The Complete Sixth Season debuts from HBO Home Entertainment on Digital HD on August 1, 2016 and on Blu-ray™ with Digital HD and DVD November 15, 2016. The set features all 10 episodes, plus extensive bonus content:

read on >>>

Visit the Site!

3 hours ago, ettoega said:

Not complaining but why is season 6 BD/DVD released half a year earlier than usual?

Yeah, that surprised me too! Maybe they wanted to make up for the delay of season 7? If I remember correctly, season 4 came out in January (of 2014) while 5 came out last March. Seems to me that it's just more of the same regarding different release dates. This is some great news though! Sooner is better!

On 7/19/2016 at 6:26 PM, The Arthur Smith said:

Most likely holiday sales. 

Think its mostly due to late S7 start.

So yea they figure they might as well cash in on christmas but again if that was the main reason why didnt they do that for season 1-5.

I think it's more a reflection of the changing nature of HBO's business, where more and more of their revenue is coming from direct sales (digital and physical) and their own streaming service, as opposed to via cable companies that have a vested interest in making people subscribe to their services to be able to watch content.

Got to admit that this release date surprised me - 4 months earlier than any of the previous box sets.  Not that I'm complaining, mind you.  Now I know what to tell my parents when they ask what I want for my birthday this year (my birthday is a few days later)

Fingers crossed the UK release date will be at the same time, as it has been for the 1-5 box sets

Archived