Fantasy Football 2016

Whiskeyjack

16 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Woah, I've never played that format before. Guess there will be a short learning curve. 

I was thinking the same thing, will be first time with expanded rosters.

20 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Woah, I've never played that format before. Guess there will be a short learning curve. 

Don't worry, it's about as tricky as a Blair Walsh chip shot FG. 

On 7/28/2016 at 0:09 PM, Tywin et al. said:

Same here. I've never played a 2 QB league, let alone that expanded roster. Ah well, I'm down for something new. That said, Auction Drafts intimidate me. I have zero faith that I'd be able to navigate that competently.

Hello folks, I have just renewed the two leagues from last year, and opened the new defense league. Outlaw is still an invitation only league, but there is 10 slots left in Open, which is a prime feeder league to Experts (along with WJ's Westeros B), and 10 slots open for the new Westeros Defense league. Please PM me your email address and I will send the invites out. 

As the general talk was that there were too many leagues exactly the same, I also lowered the Open roster positions to allow for a larger waiver wire. You will still need to hit on your QB's as everyone is starting 2, but there should be some great sleepers to pick up through the year in every other position. 

If there is a need, I will open another league of course, but as we have a ton of them all ready, I bet we have what it will take to play a great year this year. I am looking forward to this year with you guys.

21 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Same here. I've never played a 2 QB league, let alone that expanded roster. Ah well, I'm down for something new. That said, Auction Drafts intimidate me. I have zero faith that I'd be able to navigate that competently.

Well, as an expert at auctions, myself. I'd be happy to school you.

On 7/22/2016 at 7:53 PM, JJ Lannister said:

I'm going to transfer Commish duties to Jaime this weekend in Experts so he can send out the invites to the new players. 

:( you're leaving us?

On 7/30/2016 at 11:51 AM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Expanded 2 QB is the only way to go once you do it. Really separates the junkies from the peeps who glance at a waver wire article, I think.

When there are no sure things on the WW and you have to scratch together 7 points out of spit and bubblegum is where I think the fun is.

Still looking for people for Defense, and I have four spots left for Open right now... 

Defense is a new league, and I am really exited about this one. Here is the scoring for it.

DEF, DEF, DEF, DB, DB, DL, DL, LB, LB, DT, DT, DE, DE, CB, CB, S, S, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR

Scoring will take place as follows...

Defense/Special Teams League Value Yahoo Default Value
Sack 2 1
Interception 2  
Fumble Recovery 2  
Touchdown 6  
Safety 6 2
Block Kick 4 2
Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns 6  
Points Allowed 0 points 10  
Points Allowed 1-6 points 7  
Points Allowed 7-13 points 4  
Points Allowed 14-20 points 1  
Points Allowed 21-27 points 0  
Points Allowed 28-34 points -1  
Points Allowed 35+ points -4  
4th Down Stops 2 0
Tackles for Loss 1 0
Defensive Yards Allowed - Negative 10 0
Defensive Yards Allowed 0-99 7 0
Defensive Yards Allowed 100-199 4 0
Defensive Yards Allowed 200-299 1 0
Defensive Yards Allowed 300-399 0  
Defensive Yards Allowed 400-499 -1 0
Defensive Yards Allowed 500+ -4 0
Three and Outs Forced 2 0
Extra Point Returned 6 2
Defensive Players League Value Yahoo Default Value
Tackle Solo 1  
Tackle Assist 0.5  
Sack 2  
Interception 4 3
Fumble Force 2  
Fumble Recovery 4 2
Defensive Touchdown 6  
Safety 6 2
Pass Defended 1  
Block Kick 6 2
Tackles for Loss 1 0
Turnover Return Yards 10 yards per point 0
Extra Point Returned 6 2

So it looks like I'm in the Outlaw League.

After doing a little research, it has come to my attention that I will be facing off with @Pony Queen Jace on week 9. The day after week 9 ends is Election Day. I'm going to have a bad couple of days if I lose to Jace and Trump wins the election, though I'm not sure which is worse at this point.

:P

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

After doing a little research, it has come to my attention that I will be facing off with @Pony Queen Jace on week 9. The day after week 9 ends is Election Day. I'm going to have a bad couple of days if I lose to Jace and Trump wins the election, though I'm not sure which is worse at this point.

You don't know the power of my dark side.

On 7/31/2016 at 8:28 AM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Well, as an expert at auctions, myself. I'd be happy to school you.

So as an expert, how about weighing in on Expert League draft dates? 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

One represents the End Times and Donald Trump getting elected is pretty scary too. 

33 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You don't know the power of my dark side.

Nah. Underneath your tough exterior is a sweet young lady who just needs some TLC. 

6 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

One represents the End Times and Donald Trump getting elected is pretty scary too. 

So if I don't beat her we're all dead? Trump kind of sounds worse TBH. 

19 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

So as an expert, how about weighing in on Expert League draft dates? 

I have spoken! In the experts thread...

18 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Nah. Underneath your tough exterior is a sweet young lady who just needs some TLC. 

So if I don't beat her we're all dead? Trump kind of sounds worse TBH. 

Alls I evah wanted was to wait on the porch with a pitcha of iced tea for the boys to come home from work! 

Archived