Fantasy Football 2016

Whiskeyjack

Okay, here's what I have so far.  Just going to keep a running tally for now, and we can figure out details later.  Regardless of anything else, will make sure everyone gets into at least one league (and probably more).

Westeros A (returning) - Whiskeyjack, JJ Lannister, Mexal, Jaime, Week, Bronn, POTN, Fuentez

Westeros A (if spot opens) - Dracarys, Jace

Auction Draft - Lord Lyman, McBigski, Bronn, Briantw

Snake Draft - Manhole, JJ Lannister, Mexal, Dracarys, Dbunting, Fuentez, Briantw

No Preference - Week, Jace, Hanna, Howdy

5 hours ago, dbunting said:

I will take a spot on a snake draft league. I have never done one here but have done RL leagues. Do you use a secondary source for league management and drafting, like Yahoo or something?

Yeah, all of our leagues are on Yahoo.

18 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You have a talent for team names, Ser.

No love for Jacelyn's Ponysharks?

So any news on experts and dynasty? I've got a lot of dead weight coming off my roster in the latter.

5 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

No love for Jacelyn's Ponysharks?

So any news on experts and dynasty? I've got a lot of dead weight coming off my roster in the latter.

I'm going to transfer Commish duties to Jaime this weekend in Experts so he can send out the invites to the new players. 

1 hour ago, Prince of the North said:

Any word on Thunderdome yet?  Just curious...:)

Bronn runs that league, so will have to wait for him to post about it.  Guessing it will go forward again as normal.

It's probably my least favorite league due to the small rosters, but I'll definitely be back again this year to defend my title. 

On 7/25/2016 at 2:46 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I'm down for a snake draft (preferably Manhole's), and am willing to join a second league if you need another body.

On 7/25/2016 at 9:17 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Oh Snap! I'm gonna need a montage...

You snake drafters are missing out on the sheer awesomeness that is auction drafts. It gives you so much more latitude to draft either the best or worst team ever but at least it's all on you as opposed to your draft slot! 

Plus I'd love to see Tywin go to $55 on Teddy Bridgewater.

16 hours ago, Mudguard said:

I'm interested in an auction draft.

Pretty sure you made it into Experts this year.  Are you just in for that league, or are you signing up for a second one too?

Either way is cool, just want to be clear so I can track everything.

53 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Pretty sure you made it into Experts this year.  Are you just in for that league, or are you signing up for a second one too?

Couple of questions, is the snake draft league a standard league or PPR? Also, what time frame are we looking at for the draft?

1 hour ago, dbunting said:

Couple of questions, is the snake draft league a standard league or PPR? Also, what time frame are we looking at for the draft?

All of the leagues I'm running are standard, with no PPR.  They also all have expanded rosters to increase the challenge, meaning that we start 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and have 10 Bench.

Drafts will probably be between August 22nd and September 7th.  Once the leagues are all set (around August 5th), we'll start talking about draft dates for each one.  Should note, though, that I try to get auctions scheduled before snake drafts, because everyone needs to be present for an auction.  For a snake, its better if people are there, but setting rankings and doing an autodraft isn't a complete disaster like it is in an auction.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, what website do you run the leagues through? 

They're all on Yahoo.  So you'll need a Yahoo account to join.

29 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

All of the leagues I'm running are standard, with no PPR.  They also all have expanded rosters to increase the challenge, meaning that we start 2 QB, 3 RB, 4 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, and have 10 Bench.

Woah, I've never played that format before. Guess there will be a short learning curve. 

30 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Drafts will probably be between August 22nd and September 7th.  Once the leagues are all set (around August 5th), we'll start talking about draft dates for each one.  Should note, though, that I try to get auctions scheduled before snake drafts, because everyone needs to be present for an auction.  For a snake, its better if people are there, but setting rankings and doing an autodraft isn't a complete disaster like it is in an auction.

I played in an auction lead that had an autodrafter once. I swear the damn thing was trolling us.

31 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

They're all on Yahoo.  So you'll need a Yahoo account to join.

K. Thanks!

14 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I played in an auction lead that had an autodrafter once. I swear the damn thing was trolling us.

Yeah, we had a couple last year.  Was rough on their teams.  In Yahoo, it basically means that the computer will spend all of your money on 5 of the first 10 players, regardless of position, and then you'll be left scrambling to trade and pickup guys to fix your team after the draft.  Definitely want to avoid it if possible.

14 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Yeah, we had a couple last year.  Was rough on their teams.  In Yahoo, it basically means that the computer will spend all of your money on 5 of the first 10 players, regardless of position, and then you'll be left scrambling to trade and pickup guys to fix your team after the draft.  Definitely want to avoid it if possible.

Yeah it really messed up our draft. The thing bid on everything, but only once and at a price that was just slightly over paying, forcing everyone else to also over pay if they wanted the player. There were no bargains to be had. 

6 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I'm in for both, but if there's a high demand for the Westeros B/C auction league, I'd be willing to drop out to let a new player in.

Archived