Fantasy Football 2016

Whiskeyjack

Sorry.  I've been getting malware problems with the board and kinda lost interest.

I don't intend to run Survivor this year.  If someone else wants to, let me know and I will hand it off.

I suppose we need a date for Thunderdome.  I will see if there are any gaps in the schedule and get back to it.

Looks like 25 AUG was the only option without using a weekend.  The only other real opportunity is Labor Day and while it would be GREAT for me, I think it would be tougher on others.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Should I join a work fantasy football league that has an autodraft? To me it sounds terrible, but they really want me to sign up. 

Well, how much do you like/want to interact with your co-workers and what's on the line?  If it's just for fun and you like them well enough then why not?  The draft is just the beginning.  A lot can and does change between the draft and the championship;)

3 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Well, how much do you like/want to interact with your co-workers and what's on the line?  If it's just for fun and you like them well enough then why not?  The draft is just the beginning.  A lot can and does change between the draft and the championship;)

$20 buy in, which is pretty cheap, and I get along with them just fine. I just really don't like the idea of an autodraft. I think it takes a lot out of the purpose of FF and it produces a diluted outcome. For example, the person who won last year barely adjusted their team and second place started Bridgewater all season at QB. On the one hand, it sounds like easy money, but on the other it sounds like it would be super uninteresting.

5 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

$20 buy in, which is pretty cheap, and I get along with them just fine. I just really don't like the idea of an autodraft. I think it takes a lot out of the purpose of FF and it produces a diluted outcome. For example, the person who won last year barely adjusted their team and second place started Bridgewater all season at QB. On the one hand, it sounds like easy money, but on the other it sounds like it would be super uninteresting.

Ah, I agree, I'd be more inclined to do it if it were just for fun myself.  Obviously, you'd still have some influence over your roster through free-agency/trades but...that may not be enough:dunno:  Any potential negative repercussions around the workplace if you don't join?

7 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Ah, I agree, I'd be more inclined to do it if it were just for fun myself.  Obviously, you'd still have some influence over your roster through free-agency/trades but...that may not be enough:dunno:  Any potential negative repercussions around the workplace if you don't join?

Not really. Maybe some minor office politics stuff in the short term, but nothing significant. 

1 minute ago, Tywin et al. said:

Not really. Maybe some minor office politics stuff in the short term, but nothing significant. 

That's good.  So, if you won't feel sort of "left out" by not joining the office FF league then don't give it another thought.  And when they start talking about it you can just tell them about all your other leagues;)

I still need 2 more people to try out the defense league.  I think this will be a ton of fun.  If you sign up for this one,  twice the amount of plays will be meaningful for your fantasy Fandom. Let's start this one out with a full set of teams

13 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

I still need 2 more people to try out the defense league.  I think this will be a ton of fun.  If you sign up for this one,  twice the amount of plays will be meaningful for your fantasy Fandom. Let's start this one out with a full set of teams

How does a defense league work exactly?

On 8/25/2016 at 2:15 PM, Tywin et al. said:

I don't like autodraft either, but you can game the preset to closely resemble what you likely would've drafted live. It's not 100% of course, but run your presets through a couple of mocks and I think you'll find that it comes out pretty close.  

22 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

You draft defensive players and teams.  They score points for things like tackles,  stops,  sacks,  forced fumbles ect

Had you seen where I'd mentioned is join if needed?

I can take the D spot too, if needed. 

Archived