Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whiskeyjack

Fantasy Football 2016

Recommended Posts

Would pass on both of those trades.

Is the league PPR?  What are the starting roster positions?

If you post all of the rosters in your league including your own, I'll give you some ideas on offers to make.  Hard to come up with anything without seeing the other teams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ended up countering the Gurley one, offering him and Benjamin for Langford and CJ Anderson .  I may have offered too little but he can always counter.

This league is notorious for its lack of trades.  People horde their assets like gold. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Off-board money league. I think this roster is a bit of a mess, but I had the 11th pick in a 12-team snake, so it is what it is. 1/2 point PPR, and passing TDs/INTs are 4/-1 rather than the 6/-2 we use in Westeros leagues. Starts QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, W/R/T flex, K, DST.

 

QB - Andrew Luck (Tyrod Taylor)
WR - Brandin Cooks, TY Hilton, Randall Cobb (Kamar Aiken, Devin Funchess, Will Fuller)
RB - Leveon Bell, Ryan Mathews (Chris Ivory, Ameer Abdullah, Cameron Artis-Payne)
TE - Jared Cook
K - Steven Hauschka
DST - NY Jets

Like I said, a mess. I like my 3 WR, but I think Fuller is the only real potential WR stud on the bench, which is bad in a 3 WR/1 flex league with 0.5ppr. Bell is great but suspended, and the rest of the RB are very medium. Cook could be a nice value, or a gaping hole.

I guess my hope is that Taylor demonstrates Top-12 QB value early and often and I can get a player for him? Pick 11 was pretty dry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a small money draft last night, drawing tenth out of 10 in a somewhat standard snake format:

QB: Carr (Winston, Cutler)

WR: Green, Hilton, M. Jones Jr. (Sharpe, Snead)

RB: Lacy, Langford (Ware)

TE: Gronk (Walford)

W/R/T: G. Bernard

K: Barth 

DEF: Green Bay 

I didn't think it was too horrible, though Yahoo hated it.  It was weird with things like the New England kicker going I  the 6th round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jaime and I were talking and had an interesting idea for a fantasy draft.  We don't want to play this out, but just curious to see what the results would look like.  Basically, its a 10 team league where you draft NFL teams instead of individual players.  And you get all of the players on that team.  So each person would end up with 3 NFL teams.

Could alternatively do 8 people that each end up with all of the players on 4 NFL teams. 

Anybody interested in playing?  Again - would just be a mostly pointless mock draft that we don't play out. 

An example of a possible team, if we got 8 people playing.  Say you get the Giants, Colts, Bills, and Rams.  Your team would be -

QB - Luck, Eli (Tyrod, Keenum)
RB - Gurley, McCoy, Gore (Jennings, Vereen, Gillislee)
WR - Beckham, Hilton, Watkins, Moncrief (Austin, Shepard, Dorsett, Woods)
TE - Allen (Clay, Tye)
K - Vinatieri
DEF - LA Rams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Jaime and I were talking and had an interesting idea for a fantasy draft.  We don't want to play this out, but just curious to see what the results would look like.  Basically, its a 10 team league where you draft NFL teams instead of individual players.  And you get all of the players on that team.  So each person would end up with 3 NFL teams.

Could alternatively do 8 people that each end up with all of the players on 4 NFL teams. 

Anybody interested in playing?  Again - would just be a mostly pointless mock draft that we don't play out. 

An example of a possible team, if we got 8 people playing.  Say you get the Giants, Colts, Bills, and Rams.  Your team would be -

QB - Luck, Eli (Tyrod, Keenum)
RB - Gurley, McCoy, Gore (Jennings, Vereen, Gillislee)
WR - Beckham, Hilton, Watkins, Moncrief (Austin, Shepard, Dorsett, Woods)
TE - Allen (Clay, Tye)
K - Vinatieri
DEF - LA Rams

Yeah I'd be interested in doing this for real. Could do a draft super quick - heck even on the board - and then just assign the players on yahoo and see how we all do. Have no idea what the ideal strategy for this would be. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Could be fun.  No waivers though, and only trades of whole teams.  Very interesting.  I'd do it.


ETA: You'd also want to be REALLY careful not to get overlapping bye weeks.  That could get brutal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a 12 team auction draft yesterday afternoon.  Standard scoring (no PPR) outside of six points per QB touchdown.  QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, FLEX, K, DEF is the starting line-up setting.

QB: Andrew Luck (Ryan Fitzpatrick)
RB: Lamar Miller, Thomas Rawls (Bilal Powell, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware, Dion Lewis*)
WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Sammy Watkins, Eric Decker (Kevin White, Corey Coleman)
TE: Zach Miller
K: Matt Bryant
DEF: Raiders

This league has an IR slot, so I grabbed Lewis at the end and tossed him there.  I've got a waiver claim on Josh Doctson pending right now.

RB could get rough for me if either of my main guys get injured for any significant period of time, but I think I've got one of the best starting WR cores in the league, along with two (and possibly three if I get Doctson, which I am pretty sure I will) young guys with potential to put up some points this year.  

I also got Luck for twenty bucks, which is a great price in a league where QBs score six per touchdown.

All in all, not a bad draft.  Had to deal with an asshole bidding up the price on Hopkins, which was really annoying.  Ended up paying quite a bit more for him than I probably would have had to otherwise.  Oh well.  What can you do?  I wanted to walk away with at least one top-tier WR and RB, and I got one of each.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bit of a frustrating first week...

2-3: 

  • 2 wins by 43 pt average margin of victory (Experts and W-D)
  • 3 losses by 2.3 pt average margin of loss (W-A (0.8 pts), Thunderdome, and non-Board PPR league)

Rode Spencer Ware in about 3 leagues which was pretty nice, but he's not walking through that door every week when Charles is back.  We'll see!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Week said:

Bit of a frustrating first week...

2-3: 

  • 2 wins by 43 pt average margin of victory (Experts and W-D)
  • 3 losses by 2.3 pt average margin of loss (W-A (0.8 pts), Thunderdome, and non-Board PPR league)

Rode Spencer Ware in about 3 leagues which was pretty nice, but he's not walking through that door every week when Charles is back.  We'll see!

Yeah, I went 2-4 across my six leagues this week.  Slow start?  Or harbinger of things to come?  Who knows?  I think one of your close losses was to me in Thunderdome.  That was as big a surprise to me as to you, believe me!  Holy "garbage time" (which, admittedly, was about 3 1/2 quarters in that game;)) TD by Hyde!  Well, here's hoping next week goes a bit better!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Yeah, I went 2-4 across my six leagues this week.  Slow start?  Or harbinger of things to come?  Who knows?  I think one of your close losses was to me in Thunderdome.  That was as big a surprise to me as to you, believe me!  Holy "garbage time" (which, admittedly, was about 3 1/2 quarters in that game;)) TD by Hyde!  Well, here's hoping next week goes a bit better!

It was! :box:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Tuesday, September 06, 2016 at 9:51 AM, Whiskeyjack said:

Jaime and I were talking and had an interesting idea for a fantasy draft.  We don't want to play this out, but just curious to see what the results would look like.  Basically, its a 10 team league where you draft NFL teams instead of individual players.  And you get all of the players on that team.  So each person would end up with 3 NFL teams.

Could alternatively do 8 people that each end up with all of the players on 4 NFL teams. 

Anybody interested in playing?  Again - would just be a mostly pointless mock draft that we don't play out. 

An example of a possible team, if we got 8 people playing.  Say you get the Giants, Colts, Bills, and Rams.  Your team would be -

QB - Luck, Eli (Tyrod, Keenum)
RB - Gurley, McCoy, Gore (Jennings, Vereen, Gillislee)
WR - Beckham, Hilton, Watkins, Moncrief (Austin, Shepard, Dorsett, Woods)
TE - Allen (Clay, Tye)
K - Vinatieri
DEF - LA Rams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting idea.  Wasn't there also an idea kicked around about a bad fantasy/nightmare league.  IE where you get points for things like fumbles, missed field goals, points allowed, interceptions, low average carries etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Interesting idea.  Wasn't there also an idea kicked around about a bad fantasy/nightmare league.  IE where you get points for things like fumbles, missed field goals, points allowed, interceptions, low average carries etc.

I'd just draft the Browns or Rams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you guys attempt to sell Ware high now or keep him for another week? After the week he just had there's a ton of buyers.  I don't know if I want to hold on for one more week though. It seems almost a sure thing that Charles will be out again against the Texas.                              

Thoughts? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×