Fantasy Football 2016

Whiskeyjack

19 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Experts is hard.  Getting stuck without sufficient backup QB is really bad.  He had to leave the draft early and got a crappo bench.  But respect for the game DEMANDS that in that league, more than any other, you fight it out to the end to avoid giving anyone an advantage.  Make trades.  Make transactions.  Do what can be done.  Or if you can't, contact the Commish and get a co-manager assigned.  Old-timers know this and respect the league.  In truth, this is something one should NOT have to be told.

This is an area where the Thursday Night game really hurts. Realistically, although only a handful of players play, it really tightens the window to make moves/trades/etc. The consistency of games can turn parts of the season into a real slog. I hope that they do get rid of TNF.

Regardless, thanks to you good folks that were active, entertaining, and engaged throughout the season. Always makes it more fun.

My money league is doing something fun in week 17.

They call it the "Fantasy All-Star Game".

The concept is pretty simple.  Each owner gets the right to pick their all-star team and play them.  No salary cap.  QB RB RB WR WR W/R/T TE K DEF

Winner gets $20 out of the kitty (12 teams $50 a head).

It should make a dead week a bit more exciting.  What are your thoughts on this?  And who should I play?

Pretty interesting concept - the primary downside is the funkiness of Week 17. My initial reaction is to stack the hell out of the Steelers against Cleveland. That said, who knows where that game will go:

• Steelers take an early lead (basically taking this for granted)
    1. Do they lean on Le'Veon?
    2. Do they lean on backups?
    3. Does Cleveland rise from the early ashes to throttle the Steelers and go 1-15 (...unlikely...)

After that..I think I would go..

QB: Ryan (or Rodgers)
RB: Bell
RB: David Johnson (or Rawls - SF matchup) -- I'd expect Zeke to get a bit of a breather, but who knows
WR: Brown
WR: Evans/Hilton - both have good matchups and teams that need to win...could also do OBJ here but he's a wildcard against Norman
W/R/T: Whichever RB or WR you don't use above
TE: Kelce or Eifert - maybe Reed if he seems healthy this week and next

K: Boswell or Vinatieri (v Jax)

DEF: Kansas City - too many injuries and turnovers for SD to overcome

22 minutes ago, Week said:

I only use yahoo for Fantasy (and I use a crap password I don't use elsewhere and limited self-identifying information) but may be more relevant to others:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/dec/14/yahoo-hack-security-of-one-billion-accounts-breached

Yeah, I just got an email from them. Not too concerned as I don't bank or buy anything online through that email.  

I just noticed that Mya (Eyrie Mavericks) is in the title game of both Experts and Thunderdome!  That's...awesome!:stunned:

Also, I'm going into the championship games of the two biggest money leagues in which I have played for many years.  The second biggest, a longstanding league that I run with a bunch of childhood/high school friends and a couple of our spouses, I've won multiple times, etc.  But the biggest, a longstanding league with a bunch of health professional friends and acquaintances, I've been in the playoffs several times but I've never actually been in the championship before.  Both are highly competitive leagues year after year so that'll be fun!    

7 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

It is either BrianTW or Dracarys.  If they finished 5th in the regular season the former.  If 4th, the latter.

Good point, looking back in the thread - I think it is PyroclasticFlow. Congrats PF!

Both byes lost in that league - PF beat WJ and JJ beat me .

Westeros D
JJ Lannister (3) v Pyroclastic Flow (5)

On 12/20/2016 at 11:34 AM, Bronn Stone said:

Here are the final matchups for all the leagues I am in...

Dynasty: Bronn vs. Makaha
Westeros A: Jaime vs. JJ Lannister
Thunderdome: Boiled Leather vs Mya
Westeros C: Mudguard vs. McBigski
Experts: Groz vs. Mya

On 12/20/2016 at 11:43 AM, Week said:

Westors D: JJ Lannister v Qohorik Goats (who dis?)

Interesting!  Of course, I'm not in all these leagues so I wasn't aware that, in addition to Mya, JJ Lannister and Pyroclastic Flow are also in the championship for two of them.  That's (fantasy foot-) Ballin' Out, right there!  

Also, of interest (well, to me anyway) is that the majority of games will be on Saturday this week.  Get those line-ups set! 

ETA: Added that Pyroclastic Flow is also in two Westeros championship games this week. 

2 hours ago, Mudguard said:

I was in 3 leagues this year, Westeros C and Experts, listed above, and Westeros Open.  Finals for open:

Westeros Open:  Mudguard v. Hardhome Hippophagi (don't know who this is)

I am the eater of horseflesh:drool:

Mudguard, you've had my number all season, good luck to you in the final.

Here is the championship match for Westeros Defense:

Al Mata's team vs Yronwood Bloodroyals

23 minutes ago, PyroclasticFlow said:

I am the eater of horseflesh:drool:

Mudguard, you've had my number all season, good luck to you in the final.

Here is the championship match for Westeros Defense:

Al Mata's team vs Yronwood Bloodroyals

Good luck to you PyroclasticFlow.  Both my wins over you have been by very narrow margins, less than one point and less than 5 points.  I've been super lucky all year long.  My team is 7th is terms of points scored during the regular season, but I got a bye and managed to squeak through my semifinals match with a mediocre score, which has been the MO of this team all year.  Just need my luck to hold out a little longer.

Here are the championship games so far. Bronn has a chance for automatic re-entry into Experts with a win in Dynasty and Jaime and Mudguard are the surviving Experts with a chance to block spots. Pyro and myself both have 2 chances to win a league, but we both can't because we play each other in D. Anything else I missed let me know. 

Westeros A:  JJ Lannister vs. Jaime
Westeros B:  Dunknegg vs. Manhole
Westeros C:  Mudguard vs. Mcbigski
Westeros D:  JJ Lannister vs. Pyro

Thunderdome: Mya vs. Boiled Leather

Dynasty: Bronn vs. Makaha

Open: Mudguard vs. Pyro

Defense: Trebla vs. Lord Dracarys

Outlaw: TBD

Archived