610 Singalong

EmBee

I read the books a few years ago blazed through S1-5 last February to get ready for S6... so I'm not a long-time member of the fan community.   (And I'm kind of fangirl-committed to other stuff, as well!)  But.. I got a lot of enjoyment out of S6 and the whole series, so I took a side-track into GOT fandom to make a little fanvid for "Winds of Winter."  Hope you enjoy. :)

Winds of Winter Sing-Along

Spoiler

On 7/21/2016 at 8:37 PM, EmBee said:

I read the books a few years ago blazed through S1-5 last February to get ready for S6... so I'm not a long-time member of the fan community.   (And I'm kind of fangirl-committed to other stuff, as well!)  But.. I got a lot of enjoyment out of S6 and the whole series, so I took a side-track into GOT fandom to make a little fanvid for "Winds of Winter."  Hope you enjoy. :)

Reveal hidden contents

Welcome to the community!

If you read all the books and watched all the episodes, you must like GOT/ASOIAF a lot.

Who are your 3 favorite characters, and why?

Tough to decide.  I didn't like Sansa to start, but she's fabulous in S6.  

So, I guess I have to go with:

Arya, because she reminded me of my tomboy self.

Sansa, because she has grown into such a kick-ass woman.

Jon Snow?  Because he is humbled by his "birth" and has learned enough to be a great leader on the Night's Watch and his joining with the Wildlings.

I would have chosen Daenerys but she's showing a bit of mad king in her this last while.

11 hours ago, EmBee said:

Tough to decide.  I didn't like Sansa to start, but she's fabulous in S6.  

So, I guess I have to go with:

Arya, because she reminded me of my tomboy self.

Sansa, because she has grown into such a kick-ass woman.

Jon Snow?  Because he is humbled by his "birth" and has learned enough to be a great leader on the Night's Watch and his joining with the Wildlings.

I would have chosen Daenerys but she's showing a bit of mad king in her this last while.

Good stuff.

If I had to guess, I'd guess Tyrion is most popular among fans, and I like him a lot, but I would not say he's my favorite.

I like Arya a lot, probably a little more than Tyrion, even.

Jon Snow is real easy to like, he's the closest thing to a pure "good guy" that GOT/ASOIAF has, I think.  In fact, I'm hard pressed to think of anything hes done, off the top of my head, that I would consider "bad."

I'm a huge Brienne fan (actually, she might be a pure "good guy" too, now that I think abou it), and Pod Payne.

I think Jaime's "redemption arc" is great story-telling, but he's done something really bad, too (throwing Bran from the window).  I don't hold the "cousin-killing" in the show against him, though, cuz he didn't do it in the books, and I don't believe the "real" Jaime would ever do that, and I believe it was VERY inconsistent with his character.

Bronn is great in the books, and even better in the show, but I sometimes feel a little guilty about liking him, cuz, well...you know.  He's basically a pure mercenary, with no moral code.  He has friends (Tyrion, Jaime and Pod), but he makes no secret of the fact that he'd sell them out if the opportunity arose.  We haven't SEEN him do terrible things, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't.  Indeed, he has specifically told us that he WOULD (minimally, in Season Two, after Tyrion asks him something like whether he would kill a baby for gold "without question," Bronn says, I believe, "Without question?  No, I'd ask how much gold.") 

Finally, for now (HAR!) I think Dany's a great character, very interesting, loved her and her story in AGOT, but...I feel like her story has been stuck in the mud with its wheels spinning for a long, long time.  Sometimes interesting things happen, but, wow, mostly her story seems like a whole lot of sitting around and waiting for GRRM to finally be ready to send her to Westeros (which apparently has finally happened, at the end of Season 6 on the show, so maybe now things will really pick up for her).

On 7/22/2016 at 0:37 AM, EmBee said:

Reveal hidden contents

Great video.  Thanks for sharing. :D

Archived