TWoW Book Cover

MattyJMP

Hi guys, first time on the forums. I haven't seen an answer to this yet. A little while ago, we saw the black and gold horn cover for TWoW. Does anyone know if there is any plans to release in a different print? My collection is in the landscape covers ~ https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=asoiaf+landscape+covers&safe=strict&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB697GB697&hl=en-GB&prmd=sinv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBxYbz_YfOAhVDF8AKHU2dAN8Q_AUICCgC&biw=1024&bih=653#imgrc=kN60WqWgoM4g6M%3A ~ and I'd HATE them not to continue with this publication... Thanks :rolleyes:

The landscape covers are an alternative choice cover from HarperCollins. As far as I know, they will continue with that cover style but probably not in the hardcover edition. It'll likely have to wait for the paperback.

2 hours ago, Werthead said:

The landscape covers are an alternative choice cover from HarperCollins. As far as I know, they will continue with that cover style but probably not in the hardcover edition. It'll likely have to wait for the paperback.

Where is the horn coming from? Is is something "official"? Or just a picture put in front of a book project? I imagine when there will be an announcement, there will be new art covers, maybe quite different.

8 hours ago, BalerionTheCat said:

Where is the horn coming from? Is is something "official"? Or just a picture put in front of a book project? I imagine when there will be an announcement, there will be new art covers, maybe quite different.

Article here with quote from GRRM. http://winteriscoming.net/2016/01/04/yes-the-winds-of-winter-cover-with-the-horn-is-the-real-one-for-now/ I think it is fair to say that it's speculative but likely? Saying that, nothing has come out in months about it

11 hours ago, Werthead said:

Yeah, I did think about sending HarperCollins a quick email, and yeah, they're all paperbacks. Are paperbacks released later than everything else? I know all the others were released April 2014, so about 2 months after ADwD, but I thought that was just because it was a brand new style being released?

24 minutes ago, MattyJMP said:

Yeah, I did think about sending HarperCollins a quick email, and yeah, they're all paperbacks. Are paperbacks released later than everything else? I know all the others were released April 2014, so about 2 months after ADwD, but I thought that was just because it was a brand new style being released?

Paperbacks generally come out after the hardbacks 

ADWD was released in July 2011 in hardcover. The paperbacks were released one year later in the UK and over two years later in the USA. HarperCollins has three paperback cover styles for the series it uses simultaneously: the one with the icons, which it has used since 2003; the one with landscapes, which it has used since 2014, and the TV tie-in covers, which it has slowly been rolling out since 2011.

Whenever TWoW comes out, the paperback won't come out until about one year later in the UK.

Archived