The Walking Dead Season 7 (Comic Spoilers) What? Was the joke that bad?

The BlackBear

1 minute ago, Arakan said:

Question: is it ever explained why people who are bitten by zombies almost instantly die? It cannot be the virus as everyone is infected. So what is it? 

Somehow it seems to make absolutely no sense. 

The Zombies are rotting flesh so I'm guessing there's a whole host of things growing there that could kill a person who has been bitten. Probably bacteria which is especially dangerous when antibiotics aren't readily available or maybe not even effective.

I don't think it's the virus that kills them though - unless a bite from a zombie somehow triggers the virus to activate.

29 minutes ago, red snow said:

The Zombies are rotting flesh so I'm guessing there's a whole host of things growing there that could kill a person who has been bitten. Probably bacteria which is especially dangerous when antibiotics aren't readily available or maybe not even effective.

I don't think it's the virus that kills them though - unless a bite from a zombie somehow triggers the virus to activate.

Well, I was expecting this answer ;). But then it would be simple gangrene. Wouldn't kill that fast (by far) and antibiotics is still around. Somehow it started to bother me. In the Romero movies people at least "died" from the zombie virus. Good enough for me. 

Anyway, that was it for me. This season was so unbelievable boring that I lost all interest to continue. I am very sure that Season 7 will be remembered as the season when TWD jumped the shark. It really is a pity because JDM is such a great actor but the writing, the pacing, it's simply horrible. 

I don't doubt that TWD will continue for at least another 3 seasons, the producers will milk that cow until the very last drop, but that's about it. If the producers ever had the ambition to tell a good story, that is gone. I guess TWD will die a slow death and will simply fade away one day. As I said: till the last drop...

12 hours ago, RumHam said:

I hope they go this way with Carol instead.

I hope u mean carol and not Carl :rofl:

BUT yeh

10 hours ago, denstorebog said:

I'm sure JDM is great and all, but I kinda think we were hyped into expecting he would make an awesome TV Negan, and it takes a while for reality to settle in. All I can say is that all of Negan's scenes are twice as long as they should be, he is not nearly as menacing as he oughta be, and I always get impatient when he's around. And that's not a good sign for a main villain.

Yep jdm was a better neegan in the movie The Salvation 

24 minutes ago, Arakan said:

Question: is it ever explained why people who are bitten by zombies almost instantly die? It cannot be the virus as everyone is infected. So what is it? 

Somehow it seems to make absolutely no sense. 

I agree. Also the decision to never explain the virus etc annoys me no and why poeple aren't trying to figure it out/find a cure etc

Il probably get crucified for this but I tjonk alot of the characters in fear the walking dead are better. I prefer Travis over Rick any day his killing spree scene after finding out about his son dying was great. Also nick using zombie blood is smart and effective. I don't get why Rick and Co don't do this more as they do noit works. Also in fear they move around alot more which is entertaining. Twd is weird how the scenery etc is all the same. I really enjoyed the beach camp the ladies had in the week before eryor so ago episode just for the change in scenery. Can't wait for more kingdom action too

1 hour ago, Arakan said:

Well, I was expecting this answer ;). But then it would be simple gangrene. Wouldn't kill that fast (by far) and antibiotics is still around. Somehow it started to bother me. In the Romero movies people at least "died" from the zombie virus. Good enough for me. 

Anyway, that was it for me. This season was so unbelievable boring that I lost all interest to continue. I am very sure that Season 7 will be remembered as the season when TWD jumped the shark. It really is a pity because JDM is such a great actor but the writing, the pacing, it's simply horrible. 

I don't doubt that TWD will continue for at least another 3 seasons, the producers will milk that cow until the very last drop, but that's about it. If the producers ever had the ambition to tell a good story, that is gone. I guess TWD will die a slow death and will simply fade away one day. As I said: till the last drop...

Completely agree.  

1.  AMC cheapness (refusing to pay Andrew Lincoln for 16 episodes) leading to painful bottle episodes 

2. Ridiculous z nation level writing including, but not limited to, Negan is a CSI ballistics expert and can tell by sight a homemade bullet, plot armor for characters like Carl and Rosita that shoot at Negan and miss point blank, Carol's unmotivated character turn and general bulletproofness regarding being shot, men writing notes to themselves in Latin, sitcom moments from the leader of the Hilltop, bottle episode palooza....

3.  Slowing the story to a crawl for fear of overtaking the comic book

4. The ridiculous Kingdom and Siegfried and Roy's cgi man eating tiger Shiva.  Is poor Andrew Lincoln really going to act against a pet CGI Tiger being walked around by King Ezekiel??? 

TWD, hands down, has become the most poorly written show on TV.  And their ratings free fall backs that up.  They've lost 7  million viewers since the premiere!!!

On 12/14/2016 at 7:09 AM, Commodore said:

so Alexandria has to be wiped out yes? I assume that's why the writers moved all the main characters to the other camp. 

The entire reason for the despair is that there are severe consequences for even the slightest attempt to fight back.

What consequences???

if you  literally shoot a gun at Negan's head in an attempt to assassinate him,  he kills one random unrelated person and burns your mattresses. 

The show is moronic 

9 minutes ago, red snow said:

Simple gangrene is pretty deadly without a way of treating it. I don't usually like to throw out the "there are undead corpse walking around" defence but maybe whatever allows the zombies to reanimate somehow makes their bite deadly? It could be still be the virus for the following reason. Initial virus broke out - it maybe gave people a "cold" but then became dormant in everyone who was infected (some viruses can do this). When the virus is reactivated something changes in it which makes it deadly (and makes you undead). So if you are bitten by a zombie the active form of the virus kills you and you turn into a zombie. If you aren't bitten when you die the virus becomes active and is deadly if it gets into anyone else.

This is a show where the writers had a vet suggesting a team hunt down antibiotics to fight what he had openly admitted to be a flu-like virus. So it's maybe a good thing that they aren't even trying to address the mythology of the zombie-virus.

1) Oh don't get me wrong, gangrene is quite a downer, especially back then when there was no antibiotics. To be wounded, whether with blade, arrow or bullet, was more often than not a death sentence, unless you were lucky enough to stop gangrene by cutting off a leg or arm (remark: I read somewhere that during the Napoleonic Wars 50% of all the battle wounded that anyway a few days to a few weeks later).  But TWD is set in the 21st century so antibiotics is available and death by gangrene takes its time. 

2) your theory sounds reasonably well, i.e. it's the best possible explanation but then again if the virus is by default dormant unless it is "activated" by a bite (however small), cutting off a limb very soon after the bite shouldn't have any effect. I mean it's ridiculous :)).

3) actually the whole virus thing is a symptome (hohoho) for TWD in general. As long as a good story is told and the acting keeps you emotionally invested in the characters, you don't ask too much questions. After all we are speaking of a zombie show and suspension of disbelief is mandatory.  But, god beware, when this deflector shild cracks, you cannot but realize how stupid and plain ridiculous so many things regarding the setting and general worldbuilding are. Unfortunately season 7 was that moment for me, I simply cannot suspend my disbelief anymore. The show is stupid, the actually good basic story idea poorly executed and I am bored. I almost get nostalgia when I look back at season 1 but the producers have unfortunately chosen a different path...

On 12/14/2016 at 9:48 PM, Let's Get Kraken said:

C'mon man, Daryl hasn't had anything significant to do since like season 3. He pretty much just exists for fanservice at this point, being hauled out once per season to be the token "badass" by using a rocket launcher or taking out a tank or something.

Give us some lasting stakes.

I think his actions leading to Glenn taking a bat to the head, his subsequent servitude to the Saviors, I think that's had an effect on him for sure. Granted, we haven't got any great episodes simply featuring Daryl in a while, and that needs to change--sooner rather than later.

So...I'm finally finishing everything now that the half season is now over.  

And...for one of the "follow one group" episode the Kingdom episode is not bad. They shifted over Michonne's story to Carol and...it works. Though I have no idea where she goes from here. Maybe she'll get the rest of Michonne's arc, I believe at this point in the comics she wasn't interested in fighting. After all this breakdown shit it's hard to see her going back to Badass!Grandma.

And Morgan...actually comes to a sort of reasonable understanding about his place in the world.  finally. Though I expect he'll still be used (if the message hasn't sunk in) to get Rick to a place where he can give Negan his comic ending, since we apparently know that Season 8 involves Negan. 

The Hilltop episode just...I just felt exhausted. I'm not even sure why. Maybe it's cause Gregory is such a dick. I dunno. 

Tara episode wasn't as bad as people claimed when you're not getting it in place of something meaningful, but... I'm stunned that they keep letting Heath's actor get away with this. They've killed people for less and it's not like he's some big part of the show. It seems easier to just kill Heath and get some closure and not play these games. He got one break with the whole "out on a 2 week run" thing. Now 2? It'd probably take more time to get him up to speed than he's had on camera otherwise. 

Really interested to see if they finish up All Out War and Negan's arc in 8 episodes. They should, cause half the season has been set-up but it wouldn't surprise me if they dragged it out even further. Of course, it would be a fucking rollercoaster if they could get it all in half a season. Like, balls-to-the-wall action. 

On 12/17/2016 at 11:15 PM, Let's Get Kraken said:

I disagree with the last bit. I think they need to kill him while we still care enough about the character for it to have some impact, because they've clearly run out of things to do with him.

Simmah down now, GRRM Jr.! Not every awesome character who has become less awesome needs to be Ned Starked. Give Reedus and the writers a chance to redeem him.

On 12/19/2016 at 2:44 PM, Castel said:

So...I'm finally finishing everything now that the half season is now over. . . 

Really interested to see if they finish up All Out War and Negan's arc in 8 episodes. They should, cause half the season has been set-up but it wouldn't surprise me if they dragged it out even further. Of course, it would be a fucking rollercoaster if they could get it all in half a season. Like, balls-to-the-wall action. 

I think Kirkman, and even Jeffery Dean Morgan, have mentioned Negan being in S8. I honestly wouldn't look for All Out War to be over in the series until the end of S8. My long term prediction is the last episode of S8 is a time jump of Negan in that cell in Alexandria with his long hair. I could also see them possibly ending All Out War in S8E8 and doing the time jump scene for the S8 midseason finale.Then pick up with the Whisperers in S9. However, I think with the long set up of how powerful and formidable the Saviors and Negan really are over these last eight episodes the showrunners aren't looking to have Rick and company tear them down anytime soon.

My guess is the rest of S7 will be about Dwight defecting (who is likely "Mystery Boot Person"), the communities uniting (which we've already seen in the promos), Maggie cementing her authority at Hilltop, getting Morgan & Carol back on board for war, and somehow getting Eugene back from Negan. Throw in your Carlnid, Richonne, & EzeCarol romances along with goings on at the Sanctuary and other characters and you've got yourself the remainder of S7 without officially starting All Out War until S8.

• 1 month later...

Welp...lots of setup tonight.  Nice to see all the major players at least meet.  The only one not back in the fold is Carol.  I suspect when she hears about Abraham and Glenn, that might pull her back. 

So...the gang at the end?  I haven't read the comics...are those "The Whisperers"?

Holy crap! What a terrifically bad episode. I mean, wow. At first I thought I was watching some parody of the show, but nope. That was it and it was really that poorly written--and acted. That whole scene at the Hilltop was just garbage. The reunion with Morgan was about as anticlimactic as you can get. Ezekiel pusses out like we knew he would. Carol gets to be the old lady in the woods for a brief scene with a kid who will obviously die. (My guess is his death will turn Ezekiel's mind about fighting the saviors.) And then all of a sudden they run into a cornucopia of explosives. So next Rosita barks out a few orders and they all become bomb experts. An admittedly cool slicing of walkers happens then Michonne and Rick push--yes, PUSH--their way through a herd of walkers. WTF show am I even watching?!?!? 

41 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

Wtf is that goofy preacher up to now (hijacking all the supplies)? He's long overdue for a nice ass beating, I hope the writers dont rehab him with some convoluted explanation like he was up to some secret strategy.

Well, he was pretty obviously coerced into it.  The 2nd figure sitting up in the car as he drove away...and then Rick and gang figuring out he left a clue for them as to where he was headed....

10 hours ago, PetyrPunkinhead said:

Holy crap! What a terrifically bad episode. I mean, wow. At first I thought I was watching some parody of the show, but nope. That was it and it was really that poorly written--and acted. That whole scene at the Hilltop was just garbage. The reunion with Morgan was about as anticlimactic as you can get. Ezekiel pusses out like we knew he would. Carol gets to be the old lady in the woods for a brief scene with a kid who will obviously die. (My guess is his death will turn Ezekiel's mind about fighting the saviors.) And then all of a sudden they run into a cornucopia of explosives. So next Rosita barks out a few orders and they all become bomb experts. An admittedly cool slicing of walkers happens then Michonne and Rick push--yes, PUSH--their way through a herd of walkers. WTF show am I even watching?!?!? 

I think they wanted to maintain the quality level they achieved with the 5 minute nodding and hugging scene from before the break.

My god this show is on a very steep downwards curve in terms of quality.

Yeah, it's comically bad.  I thought maybe it's intended to be this way now, but I caught talking dead (sling tv had a promo for TWD for free last night) and greg nic still thinks he's doing something deep.  I assume the next few episodes will go back to their terrible pacing where they do a little bit from each location per episode with nothing in the story moving forward, but lots of talking and suggesting and Rick acting like he's a good guy and then the final episode will be something happening and ending on a completely unnecessary cliffhanger.

19 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Yeah, it's comically bad.  I thought maybe it's intended to be this way now, but I caught talking dead (sling tv had a promo for TWD for free last night) and greg nic still thinks he's doing something deep.  I assume the next few episodes will go back to their terrible pacing where they do a little bit from each location per episode with nothing in the story moving forward, but lots of talking and suggesting and Rick acting like he's a good guy and then the final episode will be something happening and ending on a completely unnecessary cliffhanger.

Edited 17 minutes ago by Dr. Pepper

You forgot about the unnecessarily graphic, over the top brutality, which they'll use for emotional impact since they can't achieve that from the story or the characters by any other means in the hole they've written themselves into.

Archived