Finding Dory

Buckwheat

Finding Nemo was one of the first movies I saw in the cinema. And it was adorable then and it is adorable now. So I obviously had to go see Dory "a few" years later.

I think it was funny enough for the most part, but the last sequence with the lorry and the octopus etc. was over the top in the sense that it was absolutely not believable to me anymore. I know that the point of cartoons is not that they are 100% believable, but that part went too far IMO.

Otherwise, sweet and emphasising the importance of family etc., as was expected.

I am not sure if this was shown everywhere, but before Dory, the cinema I was at showed a short animation (looking so believable one could almost think it was live-action!) about a little bird learning to pick up clams which was one of the most adorable and also funny things I have seen.

Soooo ... has anybody else gone to find Dory, or is it only me?

58 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

I am not sure if this was shown everywhere, but before Dory, the cinema I was at showed a short animation (looking so believable one could almost think it was live-action!) about a little bird learning to pick up clams which was one of the most adorable and also funny things I have seen.

Ooh yes, the sandpiper short was awesome 8) The main feature was cool too; I know what you mean about the lorry sequence, but it didn't bother me too much.

After the stuff with the fish hopping across fountains and leaping tank to tank to get around the lorry sequence was right in line with the rest of the utterly unbelievable stuff in the film. And I didn't mind it one bit. None of the film felt "necessary", but it was a lot of fun.

Loved Piper too. 

Archived