Did Euron visit Gogossos?

nategator

28 minutes ago, Whitering said:

Yes, but anything he claims could easily be fabricated, he tells the truth sometimes, lies other times, he is a manipulator.

Spoiler

Yes, he is a manipulator. As of now, we have his claims of travel and his suit of valyrian steel armor and nothing in the books to even hint he went to Gogossos, so there is no reason to believe he did, aside from fan speculation die to a half a decade between book releases  

• 1 month later...
On 8/8/2016 at 5:08 PM, Dorian Martell said:

Yes, he is a manipulator. As of now, we have his claims of travel and his suit of valyrian steel armor and nothing in the books to even hint he went to Gogossos, so there is no reason to believe he did, aside from fan speculation die to a half a decade between book releases  

Your claim that there is "nothing" from the books is untrue.  Everything in my theory is based on the books.  We have the Reader openly questioning Euron's claim that he visited Valyria and Euron's subsequent anger in the books.  We have the corsair king, who happened to raid the same place as Euron raided, the Tall Trees Town.  All of this is mentioned in the books.  We know that the Corsair King ruled the Basilisk Isles, again from the books.  We know all about Gogossos and its location in the Basilisk Isles from...the books. 

If you need me to provide quotes, I'll do so.  

To state, as you have, that I made this theory up without textual support is wrong.  Have I conclusively proved my case?  Of course not.  This was a designed mystery by GRRM, he tends to make those difficult to prove until they become painfully obvious, usually right before the reveal.  

Archived