Who could play Rhaegar or Could anyone play him?

• 2 months later...

In my head cannon they (rhaegar and lyanna) are played by younger versions of

Richard Armitage

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/gfaqsff/images/8/8c/Richard_Armitage_7.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131229105634

and

Rachel Weisz

http://jewishbusinessnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/rachel-weisz.jpg

I know Weisz has a heart shaped face as opposed to a  horse shaped one, but so does maisy williams, so at least they will have each other's looks. 

• 6 months later...
On 7/29/2016 at 2:27 PM, ThePrinceThatKnewNothing said:

So there's talks that the show could be doing a flashback at the tourney of harrenhall next season. If this is true then surely Rhaegar has to be in it. But I've been thinking for a while now if Rhaegar was casted who could play him or could anyone actually play him? Rhaegar almost sounds perfect while his actions may not have been. The guys meant to be beautiful, can sing to the point women cry, a great warrior, the list goes on. But is he too perfect? Would anyone cast as him just be a disappointment regardless? There's always CGI I guess! 

I have the same question as well.There are so many handsome men but handsome with a silver-white-long hair??hmmm....not so much.

I like Tom Hardy.I don't know he is so serious but I can't think of him as Rhaegar although he could play on GoT on some other role but anyway that's not our topic.

I'm afraid we will be disappointed as I was with Lyannas actress(the old Lya not the young one).In the end, even if they don't find someone as handsome as we imagine they can at least find someone who has this charm like Oberyns actor.He wasnt handsome but he had something that made you like him.:wub:

On 7/30/2016 at 6:34 AM, Lord Lannister said:

Honestly with all the hype and mystery surrounding Rhaegar, I think it would diminish him to actually show him on screen no matter who does it or how well. Sometimes things are best left to the imagination.

:agree:

1 hour ago, Valedina said:

I have the same question as well.There are so many handsome men but handsome with a silver-white-long hair??hmmm....not so much.

I like Tom Hardy.I don't know he is so serious but I can't think of him as Rhaegar although he could play on GoT on some other role but anyway that's not our topic.

I'm afraid we will be disappointed as I was with Lyannas actress(the old Lya not the young one).In the end, even if they don't find someone as handsome as we imagine they can at least find someone who has this charm like Oberyns actor.He wasnt handsome but he had something that made you like him.:wub:

I really didn't like the girl who played Lyanna either. The young girl seemed perfect, however the older woman was a real disappointment (no offence to her). If they do tourney of harrenhall I hope they recast her 

Johnathon Rhys Meyers, Henry VIII on "The Tudors" could probably do it.  Yes I know that he doesn't have long silver hair, that's why we have wigs and contacts.  I think it has to be about charisma and presence.  Rhaegar is so charismatic that he can make men and women forget their oaths for him.  The actor who portrays him has to make the audience believe that he is still a model of chivalry while he is having a child with a woman he may or may not have raped, while his wife and two young children are about to be brutally murdered.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2016 at 8:09 AM, RhaenysB said:

Travis. Not a question. 

Of course he wouldn't take the role, so they would end up digging up some no name actor which they aren't half bad at. Grown up Lyanna was quite okay, Oberyn was phenomenal (sorry if Pedro wasn't no name I've never heard of him before GoT and the hype was all about Oded Fehr), Bella Ramsay was pretty awesome too, as was Arthur Dayne guy and I didn't have a particular problem with Young Ned either. 

But there is also Alexander Dreymon who looks kinda like the best possible crossover between Travis, Alexander Skarsgard and Jonathan Rhys Meyers. Perfect Rhaegar, you just need a couple barrels of bleach and peroxide. 

100% agree with you.

I'm a big fan of The Last Kingdom. I've seen a host of average medieval series and this one is good, due to Alexander and his ability to create chemistry with his fellow actors as well as his acting range from deep sensitivity to joking around. Similar traits that Jon Snow showcases in the series.

Also, in terms of appearance - Alexander has kind eyes which I relate to Rhargar possessing as his deeply troubled individual that holds a lot of things back.

On 2017. 05. 02. at 9:42 PM, Byfort of Corfe said:

Johnathon Rhys Meyers, Henry VIII on "The Tudors" could probably do it.  Yes I know that he doesn't have long silver hair, that's why we have wigs and contacts.  I think it has to be about charisma and presence.  Rhaegar is so charismatic that he can make men and women forget their oaths for him.  The actor who portrays him has to make the audience believe that he is still a model of chivalry while he is having a child with a woman he may or may not have raped, while his wife and two young children are about to be brutally murdered.

I love Jonny but I don't think Rhaegar is the kind of character that would suit him. He would be a perfect young Robert though. He could throw Henry like rage fits and screw half of westeros. (And Rhaegar didn't rape Lyanna) 

2 hours ago, JonGreen said:

100% agree with you.

I'm a big fan of The Last Kingdom. I've seen a host of average medieval series and this one is good, due to Alexander and his ability to create chemistry with his fellow actors as well as his acting range from deep sensitivity to joking around. Similar traits that Jon Snow showcases in the series.

Also, in terms of appearance - Alexander has kind eyes which I relate to Rhargar possessing as his deeply troubled individual that holds a lot of things back.

I really really didn't like the last kingdom as a story, and I didn't even like Uthred. But the actor just sucks you in, because he is beautiful and he channels that "I'm the center of the world but still a victim of misfortune and the burden is so heavy but I love every minute of it because it puts me in the center of the world" charisma in a more subtle manner than Jonathan Rys Myers does. And come on Alexander Dreymon is a Greek god. He just needs a blond wig and a little facial hair. 

On 31. 5. 2017 at 7:34 PM, Lysander said:

I'm 90% sure an actor named Wilf Scolding has been cast as Rhaegar. We'll see, though.

This is just a rumour but I think there is some truth to it or at least it looks suspicious. Last September Aisling Franciosi started to follow him and he followed her back. That seems fairly normal but he also started to follow Liam Cunningham and Game Of Thrones official account at that time. Before the shooting of Game Of Thrones and we know that

Rhaegar and Lyanna will have a one scene recitating their vows before High Septon.

Might not be my favourite choice but if it is for one scene, they can nail it.

https://scontent-amt2-1.cdninstagram.com/t51.2885-15/e35/11251129_618150524954545_580120833_n.jpg

Erm? :( Wilf Scolding isn't handsome. He's not beautiful at all.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who plays Jaime is very handsome though and Rhaegar is supposed to be more handsome than Jaime! Cersei commented that Jaime was second in the !beautiful men" department! Rhaegar is meant to be the most handsome man in the world but that actor Wilf Scolding would be a great let down if he's to play the silver prince.  

Maybe it's a guess but there is another actor who Aisling just followed on Twitter. He's called Sam Claflin and yes he is very handsome and would be a good Rhaegar, give him purple/indigo eyes and long silver hair. This is who I hope is Rhaegar:

Sam Claflin

40 minutes ago, Wolfgirly said:

Erm? :( Wilf Scolding isn't handsome. He's not beautiful at all.

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau who plays Jaime is very handsome though and Rhaegar is supposed to be more handsome than Jaime! Cersei commented that Jaime was second in the !beautiful men" department! Rhaegar is meant to be the most handsome man in the world but that actor Wilf Scolding would be a great let down if he's to play the silver prince.  

Maybe it's a guess but there is another actor who Aisling just followed on Twitter. He's called Sam Claflin and yes he is very handsome and would be a good Rhaegar, give him purple/indigo eyes and long silver hair. This is who I hope is Rhaegar:

Sam Claflin

Game Of Thrones always tend to hire relatively not that known actors and Sam Claflin certainly is not some who would be perfect Rhaegar but that's just my opinion.

Archived