Who Will Survive The Series?

A_Man_Is_No_One

Who do you guys think will survive the entire series? I have my list of every prominent character below and whether I think they will survive or not.

TYRION LANNISTER: SURVIVE. I feel he'll most likely survive and continue serving as Dany's Hand unless she turns into a Mad Queen.

JAIME LANNISTER: DEAD. I believe he will kill Cersei and then be killed by the wildfire she may use to destroy the city. If he survives Dany's attack I feel he still will die in the final battle against the White Walkers, possibly sacrificing himself.

CERSEI LANNISTER: DEAD. I don't think she's even going to make it out of Season 7. She's most likely going to be killed by Jaime during Dany's attack on King's Landing to fulfill the prophecy.

DAENERYS TARGARYEN: SURVIVE. I don't believe she will turn into the Mad Queen so she'll most likely survive and rule whatever's left of Westeros after the final WW battle. If she does turn into the Mad Queen I see her possibly being killed by Jon or Arya.

JON SNOW: SURVIVE. I see him leading the defense in the final WW battle, surviving, and remaining the King of the North. If Daenerys goes Mad Queen I could see him killing her and ending up becoming the King of The Seven Kingdoms.

PETYR BAELISH: DEAD. I see him being killed by Sansa once whatever plan he has is set into motion. He obviously wants to be King and I don't see him accomplishing that goal, and he won't quit so I see the only other outcome being his death, as I said most likely at the hands of Sansa or possibly Jon.

DAVOS SEAWORTH: SURVIVE. I see him being one of Jon's "generals" in the final WW battle and surviving. He could die during the battle, but I feel its more likely that if any of Jon's generals die it's Tormund.

MELISANDRE: DEAD. Her death is something I'm positive will happen but just really unsure how it will happen. I could see her sacrificing herself to help defeat the Walkers but I could also see her becoming a Walker, possibly The Night Queen?

ELLARIA SAND and THE SAND SNAKES: DEAD. I'm grouping them together because I feel they will all die. They are pretty pointless from here on out and I don't see them surviving past Season 7.

SANSA STARK: SURVIVE. I feel the remaining Starks will survive. I see her possibly becoming Queen of the North if Jon becomes the King of the Seven Kingdoms but I do not see them getting married. 

MISSANDEI: SURVIVE. I don't really see a point in killing her off other than just another random death in a battle. She's not really important enough to have a big death but I could maybe see if she does die that her death is one of the things that could further push Dany down the path to being the Mad Queen. However I don't think that will happen so I see her surviving.

ARYA STARK: SURVIVE. I really don't know what their going to do with her because I don't feel like she'll kill Cersei or The Mountain. But I can't see her dying either.

VARYS: SURVIVE. I don't see anything huge happening with him during these next two seasons but he could possibly be a big help in forming some diplomatic alliances, along with Tyrion. Regardless I see him surviving.

THE HOUND: DEAD. I don't see much of a point to bring him back, even though I love his character. I see him sticking with the BWB and reuniting with Arya and then possibly dying in the final battle, most likely sacrificing himself to save Arya or maybe Sansa.

TORMUND: DEAD. I see him as another one of Jon's "generals" during the final battle. I see him maybe leading the ground defense/attack and being killed while fighting. His death would be hard for Jon and some prominent characters do have to die in the fight. 

BRAN STARK: SURVIVE. I don't really know what they're going to do with his character but I see him warging into a dragon for the final battle, he wouldn't be actually fighting himself obviously so I doubt he will be killed by the WW.

SAMWELL TARLY: SURVIVE. I feel like a lot of these characters could easily die towards the end but I just can't really see it happening for a lot of them. I see Sam finding something very important in the Citadel, something that will help the living in the final battle very significantly. Other than that I don't see him actually fighting in the battle so he'll most likely survive and serve as Jon's maester, whether he's King of the North or Seven Kingdoms.

DAARIO NAHARIS: SURVIVE. We probably won't see him again so he'll likely survive.

THEON GREYJOY: SURVIVE. I see Yara dying and this forcing Theon to take control of the Iron Islands. However I believe that only one Greyjoy will survive so Theon could easily be the one who dies, however I feel like he should do something that he feels makes up for his past actions before he does die.

BRONN: SURVIVE. I don't see him being just another random death in the final battle so I feel he'll survive.

JAQEN H'GHAR: DEAD. Whatever they decide to do with his character come the end I feel he will die. I'm not caught up on the books but I believe he ends up in the Citadel? Maybe he helps Sam find something, still I don't see him surviving.

BRIENNE OF TARTH: DEAD. I feel like The Hound, she could possibly die saving Sansa or Arya or both. Her character is very much focused on honor and duty and her pledge to Catelyn would be her undoing. However I could see her surviving and continuing to serve Sansa.

GILLY: SURVIVE. I don't really see her or her baby being killed so I think their safe.

JORAH MORMONT: DEAD. A tragic character that has a tragic death. I feel he will die protecting Dany, I don't really see him staying with her and watching her get married and live out her life with someone else.

GENDRY: SURVIVE. I don't know if they'll even show him again but I don't see him popping up after all this time only to die immediately.

ROBIN ARRYN: DEAD. Littlefinger's plan, whatever it is, will most likely involve Robin dying.

YARA GREYJOY: DEAD. As I said, I see her dying so Theon will rule. However I could also see Theon dying and her becoming Queen of the Iron Islands.

EURON GREYJOY: DEAD. Obviously he isn't going to defeat Dany but I could see him being responsible for Theon or Yara's death. Either way he will die during his attack or shortly after.

THE MOUNTAIN: DEAD. He's pretty much dead already and I don't see him surviving Dany's attack on KL. If he and Cersei somehow survive and go North I could see him being killed by his brother but I doubt he'll even make it out of King's Landing.

MEERA REED: SURVIVE. I see her staying with Bran till the end and possibly ending up with him? If Bran dies then I feel she will too however.

GREY WORM: DEAD. I see him dying during the attack on KL because someones gotta die and is he really that important?

OLENNA TYRELL: DEAD. Whether it be old age or Cersei, I don't see her surviving even past Season 7.

PODRICK PAYNE: SURVIVE. I feel like he'll survive even if Brienne doesn't. Maybe he'll get Sansa or Arya to safety after Brienne has fallen.

BERIC DONDARRION and THOROS OF MYR: DEAD. I could see them possibly trying to attack the WW and all being killed before the final battle even happens. Even if they fight in the final battle I don't see them or any of the BWB surviving.

QYBURN: DEAD. I don't see him making it out of Dany's attack on KL.

DOLOROUS EDD: SURVIVE. He is Lord Commander now as far as we know and if he dies who is gonna take his place? I see him leading the Night's Watch in the final battle and surviving.

BENJEN STARK: DEAD. He can't pass through the Wall so he'll likely be one of the first to die in the final battle, if he even lives that long.

THE NIGHT KING: DEAD. Obviously he'll be killed to end the final battle, most likely by Jon.

DROGON: SURVIVE: I see Drogon being the only dragon who survives

RHAEGAL and VISERION: DEAD. Somehow they'll both be killed, one maybe by Euron and the other by the Walkers.

GHOST: DEAD. I see Ghost dying to protect Jon.

And that's my list. I know it's really long but that's pretty much all my thoughts. Thanks for reading.

2 hours ago, Future Null Infinity said:

My survival chance chart :

Sam, Gilly, their baby, Jorah Mormont and Varys : 100%

Sansa and Jaime : 99%

Tyrion : 90%

the remaining characters are all dead at the end including the dragons

that is one random survival list! loving you have given mormont a 100% survival chance despite greyscale and then joining the war if he survives it.

here's hoping though ;)

everyone outside of the main characters is 50/50

almost safe : Sam,Gilly,Baby, Varys, Tyrion, Jon, Dany, at least one of the starks.

50/50 : Jaime, Bronn, Hound, Brienne, Pod, Mormont, Theon, Davos, at least one of the Starks.

most certain to die : everyone else not listed.

going to die : Cersei, Olenna, Sand girls, Little Finger, lots of civilians. Robyn Arryn

Alive: 100% - Most of these people are either not warriors and won't be a part of any battles anytime soon or I just don't see how their death will serve the story so I see them surviving.
Tyrion

Varys

Bran

Meera

Messandei

Bronn

Sansa

Arya

Gendry

Sam

Gilly

Davos

Olenna

Daario

Podrick

Alive: 50% - I am not 100% sure if these characters will survive, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do survive

Jon

Daenerys

Theon

Yara

Brienne

Dead: 100% - I just don't see these characters surviving the series

Cersei

Euron

Qyburn

The Night's King - obvious?

Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion - I don't see ANY of the dragons surviving either the war for the Throne or the War for the Dawn. I have a feeling most of the rare species, magic and the supernatural of the world will be gone as a result of this war (Dragons, Direwolves, Giants, Children of the Forest, White Walkers, etc).

Ghost

Robin Arryn

Ellaria

Sand Snakes

The Mountain - argueably he is already dead but no matter lol

Dead: 50% - I wouldn't be surprised if they bite it but I could see them surviving as well.

Jaime

Tormund

Edd

Greyworm

Jorah

The Hound

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Petyr Baelish - I'm just not 100% convinced that he'll be dead, though I could easily see Sansa being his downfall and death which is why I put him under the 50/50 category

Benjen Stark

49 minutes ago, Adam_Up_Bxtch said:

Alive: 100% - Most of these people are either not warriors and won't be a part of any battles anytime soon or I just don't see how their death will serve the story so I see them surviving.
Tyrion

Varys

Bran

Meera

Messandei

Bronn

Sansa

Arya

Gendry

Sam

Gilly

Davos

Olenna

Daario

Podrick

Alive: 50% - I am not 100% sure if these characters will survive, but I wouldn't be shocked if they do survive

Jon

Daenerys

Theon

Yara

Brienne

Dead: 100% - I just don't see these characters surviving the series

Cersei

Euron

Qyburn

The Night's King - obvious?

Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion - I don't see ANY of the dragons surviving either the war for the Throne or the War for the Dawn. I have a feeling most of the rare species, magic and the supernatural of the world will be gone as a result of this war (Dragons, Direwolves, Giants, Children of the Forest, White Walkers, etc).

Ghost

Robin Arryn

Ellaria

Sand Snakes

The Mountain - argueably he is already dead but no matter lol

Dead: 50% - I wouldn't be surprised if they bite it but I could see them surviving as well.

Jaime

Tormund

Edd

Greyworm

Jorah

The Hound

Beric Dondarrion

Thoros of Myr

Petyr Baelish - I'm just not 100% convinced that he'll be dead, though I could easily see Sansa being his downfall and death which is why I put him under the 50/50 category

Benjen Stark

Almost my opinion exactly, well said.

I would say Jon, Sam, Bran, Tyrion are the most likely to survive the series, I would have said Dany too but her arc looks increasingly likely to lead to her death.  Everyone else could easily die but I'm sure a few will survive.    I certainly do not see Sansa, Jamie or Cersei surviving the whole series, and would not be surprised if they fall in the first part of ADOS or end of Winds; in other words during season 7.

No way in hell are any of the characters 100% certain to survive the series.

I think the most likely are Sam and Bran, but even they are not 100%. Tyrion is another likely survivor.

Cersei, Littlefinger, Jaime, Euron, the Mountain,Qyburn, will all likely be dead by end of season 7. Ellaria and the Sand Snakes will also likely die, but I'm not sure whether that will be S7 or S8.

In Season 8 I expect Jon, Dany, Jorah, Grey Worm, the Hound, Melissandre, Breic, Thoros, Tormund, etc to all die, though Jon and Dany not until the end. Sansa is probably 50/50 proposition. From the start, she has seemed the most likely Stark to survive the series and carry on Stark legacy,  which is exactly why there's a good chance she won't.

Similarly, Arya has been portrayed as the most likely of the remaining Starks to come to a bad end and down a dark path. However, I believe hers is the one whose final role will be the most unexpected and her journey has a fair way to go. I believe now there's a very good chance Arya will survive the series and carry on. 

Varys is likely another survivor at the end. He just "keeps on paddling".

Olenna, Missandei, Bronn, Meera could easily go either way.

GRRM's 5 main characters will likely survive the books and therefore the series. I doubt d&d would kill a main character just for whatever reason. They might die in the epilogue though and therefore that fact might be mentioned in the closing scenes.

Everyone else is fair game - live or die. 

36 minutes ago, Guardian of the Neck said:

everybody who can't be replaced by a stronk woman character,or just be removed will survive.

the rest dies in "shocking" scenes,because that's just what they do.

I can totally see the last battle and them winning then the Night King pulling off some sort of dragon-killing card and see the rest being surrounded and about to be attacked by Wights/WW and fade to black like Sopranos or Angel.

BTW. That would be the worst ending though

On more serious side, I see one character- Tyrion, Jon or Sansa, Arya surviving and sitting on Iron Throne and looking all alone and utterly forlorn as view pans out to Westeros and it just utter ruins and survivors walking battle-shocked in the "victory".

Here is my survival chance chart:

Mostl likely to survive (not 100%, it's GoT, so 99%)

Tyrion - Truth universally acnowledged, tyrion is too damn important, he possesses a huge amount of knowledge about Westeros and at the same time he's influencer on current events

Bran - I think he survives, but probaly wargs into someone or stays in his visions forever

Sansa - I see her becoming a matriarch of the North, a Stark of Winterfell

Sam - he's a keeper of knowledge about the known world, Oldtown is pretty safe

Gilly - I don't see a reason for her to die, if not only for shock effect

Arya - is likely to survive at least till the last battle

50/50 chances:

Jon

Daenerys - I see only one of them to survive

Theon - is likely to die in the battle ("die as Theon, not as Reek") or he survives and rules the Iron Islands

Yara - same as Theon, but I don't see them both surviving

Brienne - she is likely to survive, but witness Jaime's death

Jorah - he rather dies in the battle with WW of fighting for Dany, but he could also join the NW and becaome a LC as his father wished

Tormund - could die in the battle with WW or become the leader of remaining wildlings

Meera - she's a connection to Howland Reed

Podrick

Most likely to die: 99%

Cersei

Jaime - he is likely die soon after Cersei

Euron

Davos

Petyr Baelish - probably killed by Sansa or Robyn Arryn

Qyburn

Greyworm

Drogon, Rhaegal, and Viserion

Ghost

Robin Arryn - probably killed by the LF

Ellaria & Sand Snakes - I guess their storyline is done

The Hound - I see him dying in the battle with WW or protecting Arya or Sansa

Beric Dondarrion - die in the battle with WW

Thoros of Myr

The Night's King

Benjen Stark

The Mountain - both Benjen and the M are technically dead, but anyway

26 minutes ago, JonSnowed said:

Out of curiosity why do you feel both Sansa and Brienne will make it through?

IMO, I'm a believer in the theory that anything related to the fantasy part of the story will die at the end, and Sansa and Brienne don't have the fantasy elements in the their stories

19 hours ago, DutchArya said:

GRRM's 5 main characters will likely survive the books and therefore the series. I doubt d&d would kill a main character just for whatever reason. They might die in the epilogue though and therefore that fact might be mentioned in the closing scenes.

Everyone else is fair game - live or die. 

I doubt they'll die to push the story forward in the way many other characters have but equally when it comes to the finale I think all bets are off.

I actually think Tyrion is the most likely character to survive the whole thing, I could well see the more overtly "magical" characters having to sacrifice themselves to stop the Nights King and indeed his defeat signalling the "end of magic".

7 hours ago, JonSnowed said:

Out of curiosity why do you feel both Sansa and Brienne will make it through?

Sansa is a survivor more than anyone - she simply... endures and will endure the conflict to come.  She is sure to survive Littlefinger and I think he'll make it to End of S7.  Besides she is a non combatant and thus much more likely to survive than a fighter (also why Sam is on my list).  She may end up in the North, or not, it depends. 

I think Brienne will survive partly for dramatic reasons.  I think Jaime Lannister has to die and she will see him die, and take memory of him with her.  Plus she's be an awesome king or queensguard and carries on Dunks legacy into the future.

Archived