Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

Ok, update, the prodigal Groz has returned and Hugorfonics is set to register. That leaves only Bluray of which there's been zero sign. If he doesn't return by Sunday, I'm opening his spot back up. 

The obvious choice for that spot is Weekapaug who had earned admittance to Experts last year after winning W-A, but due to hastily determined Experts Feeder League rankings he ended up the odd man out in a situation with 4 feeder champions and only 3 spots, something that's never happened before. So he gets first crack at joining if he still wants it based on the likelihood Bluray isn't coming back.

Also based on people's stated preferences for when not to draft, going with Thursday, September 1st 8:30 PM EST as I believe that works with everyone except Jace Trump who's super-classy enough to figure out a solution on her end. 

7 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Ok, update, the prodigal Groz has returned and Hugorfonics is set to register. That leaves only Bluray of which there's been zero sign. If he doesn't return by Sunday, I'm opening his spot back up. 

The obvious choice for that spot is Weekapaug who had earned admittance to Experts last year after winning W-A, but due to hastily determined Experts Feeder League rankings he ended up the odd man out in a situation with 4 feeder champions and only 3 spots, something that's never happened before. So he gets first crack at joining if he still wants it based on the likelihood Bluray isn't coming back.

Also based on people's stated preferences for when not to draft, going with Thursday, September 1st 8:30 PM EST as I believe that works with everyone except Jace Trump who's super-classy enough to figure out a solution on her end. 

Just for clarification... What are you using to establish feeders to Experts this year... Is it still Westeros B and Open for primary feed, followed by Westeros A, and Outlaw as they are invite only leagues? 

10 minutes ago, Howdyphillip said:

Just for clarification... What are you using to establish feeders to Experts this year... Is it still Westeros B and Open for primary feed, followed by Westeros A, and Outlaw as they are invite only leagues? 

Yep, W-B and Open are primary feed along with W-C as anyone can join those leagues and there's no specialty aspects to them like Dynasty, Survivor, Thunderdome or Defense. 

Then to the extent we can't fill spots out of those leagues, we look to the invite only leagues: W-A and Outlaw. Think that's the fairest way to pick the potential crop. 

Just now, Jaime L said:

Yep, W-B and Open are primary feed along with W-C as anyone can join those leagues and there's no specialty aspects to them like Dynasty, Survivor, Thunderdome or Defense. 

Then to the extent we can't fill spots out of those leagues, we look to the invite only leagues: W-A and Outlaw. Think that's the fairest way to pick the potential crop. 

Awesome... You make a great Experts Comish... It is a shame I got Relegated last year... Hope to see you next year Jaime...

2 hours ago, Howdyphillip said:

Awesome... You make a great Experts Comish... It is a shame I got Relegated last year... Hope to see you next year Jaime...

Thanks man. Hey, good luck in your leagues. 

Bluray has officially disappeared just like his format. I was so proud of him making the leap from DVDs to Blurays but in this era of streaming it's justifiably hard for him to stay relevant. Godspeed Bluray, whereever you are. 

Opened up the final spot to Week who accepted the invite. So we're now all full up in Experts and ready to go. 

Draft has been set for September 1, 8:30 PM EST. May the odds be ever in your favor. 

Thanks Jaime. Hope that Bluray makes his way back into the fold - he's been denizen here for a long time.

Pro tempore, the Brax Tantivy will ride. ;)

Would anyone have an issue if we move the draft to Sunday, August 28th? Thursday September 1st is a conflict with one of HP's leagues and want to keep folks from the hell that would be two auctions at once.

This is the only other potential date I can see to do this draft. Let me know ASAP if anyone has conflicts with it. 

I can do that - I do have a non-board draft at 4:45PDT/7:45EST so later (or on the early side) would be better. That draft time may change and is only a snake draft. No biggie.

58 minutes ago, Week said:

I can do that - I do have a non-board draft at 4:45PDT/7:45EST so later (or on the early side) would be better. That draft time may change and is only a snake draft. No biggie.

Yeah I also have a draft that afternoon so would be thinking of getting it going, say, 6:00 PDT/9:00 EDT 

Cool, thanks for weighing in guys. I'm going to go ahead and change the draft time to Sunday the 28th which should also alert those who aren't checking this thread. And then if there's an issue, it'll lure them here like moths to a flame.

On 8/12/2016 at 11:58 AM, Jaime L said:

15 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Gotta win the league first, Tywin. My understanding is that's a virtual murderer's row of contenders in that league. What makes you think you're coming out on top? 

Archived