Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

11 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Gotta win the league first, Tywin. My understanding is that's a virtual murderer's row of contenders in that league. What makes you think you're coming out on top? 

Because I got a perfect score on my Summa Cum Laude honors thesis? 

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Because I got a perfect score on my Summa Cum Laude honors thesis? 

I'm going to need to read it to see if that score was earned. 

Yeah, broskies! Who's ready for some expert drafting??? I can't wait to take part in an auction draft from inside my frozen freezer of an office! Thankfully I've already established that Sunday I'm gonna be busy cracking down on some fucked up inventories, and my 'peers' know better than to come into my lair in such times. 

Anyways, just establishing now that if my team starts auto drafting I want you to know that some innocent has wandered into my domain and is now being threatened and accused over some fictional missing bandages. And also I've never drafted from one of these Internet phones so I hope it doesn't break. :D

Not quite the team I expected, but I feel okay about it.

QB - D.Carr, M.Stafford (B.Gabbert, J.Garoppolo)
RB - L.Bell, J.Langford, J.Stewart (D.Williams, G.Bernard, L.Blount, T.Gaffney)
WR - D.Hopkins, K.Allen, M.Jones, T.Sharpe (W.Fuller, M.Wallace, T.Pryor)
TE - R.Gronkowski, C.Walford
K - C.Santos
DEF - Green Bay, Oakland (Tampa Bay)

Feel like the WR and TE situations are great.  Happy with Carr, Bell, and Langford at QB/RB.  Not entirely comfortable with Stafford and Stewart, though.  If somebody wants RB depth, I might be willing to move Gio or Blount + Stafford and/or Stewart for an upgrade at QB2 and/or RB3.

On a more important note, just figured out how to post without the stupid automatic double space between lines.  So ultimately, tonight becomes a win no matter what happens with this team.

42 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Don't want to make any crazy assumptions here, but pretty sure you can't go wrong by clicking the word "Quote."

I have been hitting the "Quote" thing since the board re-design and it never worked for me.  It just popped up something to the right of the post.  I just clicked on that and it worked.  I am pretty sure I tried clicking on that pop up before.  Thanks again.

I tried drafting for value; and I'm pretty happy with the results.  I have more depth than my Westeros C team.

QB: D. Brees, J. Winston (A. Smith, J. Flacco)
WR: J. Landry, M. Evans, L. Fitzgerald, J. Brown (T. Lockett, P. Dorsett, T. Boyd)
RB: J. Charles, D. Martin, E. Lacy (S. Vereen, A. Morris, J. Starks)
TE: C. Fleener, Z. Ertz  (J. Thomas)
K: S. Gostkowski (J. Tucker)
DEF: Carolina, KC

My backup RBs aren't very good, but everything else seems OK.

QB - C. Palmer, P. Rivers (S. Bradford)
WR - J. Jones, A. Green, A. Cooper, E. Decker (T. Smith, P. Garcon, S. Coates, L. Treadwell) 
RB - T. Rawls, R. Mathews, A. Foster (C. Ivory, T. Yeldon, I. Crowell) 
TE - T. Eifert, J. Graham (K. Randolph)
K - B. McManus
D - NYJ, Pitt (Miami)

Obviously this team will succeed or fail based on how much of a competitive edge I get out of my WRs. It would be nice to have a starting RB or TE not coming off a traumatic injury of some kind. I mean that's the American dream right there. But definitely pushing all the chips to the center of the table on the "all RBs are high risk to begin with strategy so don't spend a ton there" strategy here. Hoping at least two of the five starting RBs turn out to be solid but there's no guarantees.  

But at least WJ's life hack of how to post on this freaking board without automatic double spacing is huge so regardless of how this season goes, I'll have that. 

QB - Wilson, Luck (Tygod)
WR - Dez, Moncrief, DeVante, Diggs (Aiken, Rishard Matthews)
RB - Miller, Gordon, Sims (Ware, White, DeAndre Washington, Booker, Spiller, Turbin)
TE - Reed, Ebron (Outlaw Jesse James)
K - Bailey
DEF - Arizona, Philadelphia

I have the top QB corps in the league which should keep me competitive week in and week out. That came at greater expense to my WR and RB than I hoped though. My WR group is solid middle-of-the-road - the prices didn't allow for me to pair two WR1s.  That said, there is a ton of potential in Moncrief, DeVante, and Diggs to jump echelons upward. I ended up with way more lotto tickets and handcuffs at RB just out of necessity in terms of where value still was at the end of the draft.  Love Miller this year and, strangely, I think Gordon has a chance to surprise after so much hate this offseason.  Reed and Ebron paired ought to beat most other pairs of TE (I'd argue over Gronk/Clive even).

Will probably look for some deals to shore up WR depth - so I may send out some offers over the next few days.

Good luck to all!

QB- RGIII, Matty Ice
WR- T.Y., Sammy Watkins, Jordan Matthews, Tavon Austin
RB- A.P., Gurley, Christine Michael
TE- Jason Wittin, Greg Olson
K- Barth
D- Texans, Vikings
Bench- Karlos Williams. lol, nah i got Mckinnon to handcuff AP, I kinda regret leaving the draft early but im pretty happy with my squad... Ive never had AP before. My wideouts arent that good and my quarterbacks have the potential to be terrible, but hopefully the consensus that fantasy is no longer a runningback game is wrong. 

auction drafts are fun, better then snake, i dont wanna go back. good luck peoples.

I'm ten seconds from panic here.

QB: Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Marita  (Tony Romo, Brock Oswieler, Paxton Lynch) 

I'm actually ok with my QBs as I've always liked to have a good stable of mediocre guys I can play matchups with. I took a huge gamble 'cause I think Romo has a six game stretch to end the season in him and Lynch will be starting by playoff time. My biggest fear is a very possible Marita injury.

WR: Antonio Brown, Golden Tate, Jeremy Maclin, DeSean Jackson (Breshaud Perriman)

A strong 4 I think, but a single injury here will ruin me. I got caught price enforcing on Tate and Jackson both, but WR is the easiest group to waiver wire. And if I get anything out of Perriman before I cut him it's a bonus.

RB: Zeke Elliott, David Johnson, Tim Hightower (Darren Sproles, Justin Forsett, Terrence West, Dion Lewis, Josh Fergeson) 

Yeah, I didn't even want Elliott or Johnson but waddaya know? I'm not sure how the fuck I ended up with Hightower but I think Sproles is good for a season and if Forsett isn't the starter in Baltimore I think West will get the job. Lewis is my playoff payoff and Fergeson is gonna get cut.

TE: Dwayne Allen, Jordan Cameron.

I have to survive this position after I accidentally overpaid for Allen.

K: Vinaterie

Defense: San Diego, Tennessee, (San Francisco)

I think all three of these are underrated this year. We'll see.

Yeah, I'm probably one and done in experts, that was just a fucking disaster.

QB: Newton, Prescott (Cutler, Tannehill, Fitzpatrick)
RB: CJ Anderson, Hyde, Jennings (Gore, Jones)
WR: Jeffery, Edelman, Coleman, Sanders (Shepard, Hurns, J.Gordon, Crabtree)
TE: Bennett, Barnidge
K: Hauschka
DT: Denver, Rams (Cincinnati)

The team is about depth.  Most of my bench should either be starting or very close to starting in a league this size.
TE is a weakness, K and DT are strengths and one can never have too many QB2s.

As is my custom, I was big moneybags for the end of the draft (for me at least).  All about not getting anyone between picks 26 and 74.  Let a LOT of guys go, but was more about value.

Archived