Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

On 8/29/2016 at 3:42 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm ten seconds from panic here.

QB: Teddy Bridgewater, Marcus Mariota  (Tony Romo, Brock Oswieler, Paxton Lynch) 

I'm actually ok with my QBs as I've always liked to have a good stable of mediocre guys I can play matchups with. I took a huge gamble 'cause I think Romo has a six game stretch to end the season in him and Lynch will be starting by playoff time. My biggest fear is a very possible Mariota injury.

That may not be your biggest fear...

1 hour ago, Week said:

Latest Sign of the Apocalypse Experts' League:
Jaime picking up C.J. Uzomah

It's on like Donkey Kong.

Sign #2 - I'm willingly starting the Browns defense against you. I'm betting they nearly have the talent of the Youngstown State defense that flummoxed Carson Wentz in college. 

If starting the Browns defense and Bengals 7th string TE is wrong, I don't want to be right. 

41 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Sign #2 - I'm willingly starting the Browns defense against you. I'm betting they nearly have the talent of the Youngstown State defense that flummoxed Carson Wentz in college. 

If starting the Browns defense and Bengals 7th string TE is wrong, I don't want to be right. 

I want to continue to rib you for this - but I know that each word I type builds negative karma against me. I'm pretty sure that you'll get about 30 points between those two at this point.

15 hours ago, Week said:

I love Spencer Ware. 

If you put up 200 points against me in week 1, I'm switching you back out for AutoBluray, just a heads up. It's good to be a commissioner with no ethics. 

4 hours ago, Jaime L said:

If you put up 200 points against me in week 1, I'm switching you back out for AutoBluray, just a heads up. It's good to be a commissioner with no ethics. 

:commie:

;)

Week 2 Power Rankings:

1) Brax Tantivy - 18-0
2) Coldwater Behemoths - 15-3
3) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 12-6
4) The Night's Ponies - 11-7
4) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 11-7
6) Dreadfort Direwolves - 8-10
7) Harlaw Scythes - 5-13 
7) Greywater Greyseers - 5-13
9) Eyrie Mavericks - 3-15
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 2-16 

Fully approve of all references of the Dreadfort team to now be the TraderApes. It's like the Potomac River Basic Indigenous Persons but way funnier and less obnoxious (because TMQ - duh).

Everything broke right this week - now I just need that to happen every week. :P

Sent a few of you messages about trades - definitely considering and contemplating.  Thanks all!

Overall, AB is always a nice get.  This trade also makes Jace's RBs fairly terrifying (Elliot, DJ, and CJA) which may overcome the QB 'situation' (which is much better than the 'situation' that the TraderApes currently has ;) ).

49 minutes ago, Week said:

Overall, AB is always a nice get.  This trade also makes Jace's RBs fairly terrifying (Elliot, DJ, and CJA) which may overcome the QB 'situation' (which is much better than the 'situation' that the TraderApes currently has ;) ).

its hard to be worse. lol trader apes

19 hours ago, SerPaladin said:

Man, you walk away for 12 years, come back, and things haven't changed.

Ser Paladin, there's a blast from the past. One of the original Experts League members. What happened to you man? Felt like you dropped off the face of the earth. IIRC you signed up for another season of experts but when the draft came around that year, you'd vanished. 

My theory was you'd been kidnapped by the Yakuza. Confirm or deny? 

Yakuza would have been a good story, but I switched clients and didn't have daytime free-time anymore. And my wife and I had twins, so I didn't have nighttime free-time anymore. Or, you know, sleep. Went from 12 fantasy leagues to just 1.

But 6 years ago, I was half of a fantasy football radio show in New Jersey for the couple years the local ESPN was willing to run it. Whenever anyone talked about their 10 team leagues and thin waiver wires, I was able to talk about the league I was in for a while which started 2 QBs, 3 RBs and 4 WRs, and how you had to know every player. So you guys were in my heart.

Archived