Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

11 hours ago, Jaime L said:

There will be no discussion of Riverrun's performance this week. As far as the league office is concerned there is nothing to comment on. JUST ANOTHER NORMAL WEEK. 

And besides you're going to finish with the 2nd highest score this week so WTF? :P

AHEM.

Week 3 Power Rankings:

1) Brax Tantivy - 19-8
2) Coldwater Behemoths - 18-9
3) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 17-10
3) Dreadfort Direwolves - 17-10
5) The Night's Ponies - 13-14
6) Greywater Greenseers - 12-15
7) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 11-16
7) Harlaw Scythes - 11-16
7) Eyrie Mavericks - 11-16
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 6-21

On 9/26/2016 at 8:47 PM, Mya Stone said:

AHEM.

I underestimated the MNF bedlam. Holy shit. 

Trade to shake up the psyche of the Tantivy after loafing it last week (the fans demanded it).

Brax Tantivy receive: Amari Cooper and Matt Asiata
Riverrun Cobra Kai receive: DeVante Parker and Jordan Howard

I had to take the opportunity to solidify my WRs after losing Moncrief. Jaime gets some risk but huge upside with Parker and Howard. 

1 hour ago, Week said:

Trade to shake up the psyche of the Tantivy after loafing it last week (the fans demanded it).

Brax Tantivy receive: Amari Cooper and Matt Asiata
Riverrun Cobra Kai receive: DeVante Parker and Jordan Howard

I had to take the opportunity to solidify my WRs after losing Moncrief. Jaime gets some risk but huge upside with Parker and Howard. 

Yeah quite risky for me but need a RB with longterm upside. Who knew drafting 7 RBs with ACL tears would backfire on me?? 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Yeah quite risky for me but need a RB with longterm upside. Who knew drafting 7 RBs with ACL tears would backfire on me?? 

I drafted one RB, J. Charles, coming back from injuries, but I had no idea that he was going to be out this long.  Injuries to a couple of my other RBs, D. Martin (out for 3 to 4 weeks) and S. Vereen (out the rest of the season) leaves me starting Kenyan Drake and Orleans Darkwa this week and next week.  If Charles can't go this week, I'll also be starting A. Morris along with Drake and Darkwa.  I'll be lucky to get more than 15 points from that group of RBs. 

Just need to ride this out until my starters are all healthy, but it could be a rough couple of weeks.

Another trade - 

Brax Tantivy receive: Tyrell Williams
Coldwater Behemoths: Dwayne Washington (I still think your team name should be Coldwater Shrinkage)

The Brax RB firesale is now over - good luck on RB pickups has papered over bad luck on WR injuries (Moncrief and Dez - general badness from Dez too)

I am interested in a backup QB at low cost - PM or send me an offer if anyone is interested.

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

I can see why Week needs to make all these trades this week. His 176 point projection is looking mighty tenuous if, say, an asteroid hits San Diego. 

:(

:P 

On 9/20/2016 at 0:15 PM, grozeng said:

I have becom a Brax fan and am rooting for that.

This must have been some voodoo magic - congrats on being at the top of the heap for two straight weeks Groz!

Week 4 Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 25-11 
2) Brax Tantivy - 24-12
3) Coldwater Behemoths - 22-14
4) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 20-16
5) Harlaw Scythes - 18-18
6) Dreadfort Direwolves - 17-19
7) The Night's Ponies - 14-22
7) Greywater Greenseers - 14-22
7) Eyrie Mavericks - 14-22
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 12-24

11 hours ago, Week said:

This must have been some voodoo magic - congrats on being at the top of the heap for two straight weeks Groz!

Ahem :P

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:50 AM, Week said:

I see what you are trying to do there.  We play each other this week.  Tme to pull the scrub off my bench at QB

On 10/4/2016 at 9:55 PM, grozeng said:

I see what you are trying to do there.  We play each other this week.  Tme to pull the scrub off my bench at QB

It worked. Very well. I had some hopes of a comeback with SD trying to come back but alas - both my team and the team in my new city fell short. 'Grats.

6 hours ago, Week said:

It worked. Very well. I had some hopes of a comeback with SD trying to come back but alas - both my team and the team in my new city fell short. 'Grats.

Hold on.  We are very close.  Olsen can still win it for you.

Crap.  I swore I started Devante Adams.   I must have switched him out by accident instead of Cruz when I put in Royal. Crap.  I am going to lose because I screwed up on my app.

There you go.  Olsen wins it for you.  Congrats.  That was close.

1 hour ago, Week said:

I feel like a huge asshole now. Well, more so than usual. Damn, so close. Until next time Groz!

Not at all.  I try not to look at the league until after the Monday night game because this sort of stuff happens to me a lot.  What pisses me off is I told someone today I was so glad I started Devanta Adams since Cooks was on bye instead of Cruz.  But it is hard to win a week when you get no points from 2 of your wide receivers. 

I know this is the wrong thread, but I don't know what I am going to do next year in our Baseball league without David Ortiz.  I have had him it seems like forever.  And A-Rod too (although I did not have him last year).  It's going to be like a part of me is missing.

Archived