Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

194 points with Ezekiel Elliott left on the bench! That's a fully grown beat down I just laid on someone. 

I'm telling you, you gotta be an adult to handle the shit I dropped on this man. That's the kinda stuff you can't appreciate until you're living in a shitty apartment trying to juggle a car payment, rent, and student loans at the same time and borrowing money from your folks to fulfill that 30 day prescription for the second time this week. 

:P

It's all love.

4 hours ago, grozeng said:

I know this is the wrong thread, but I don't know what I am going to do next year in our Baseball league without David Ortiz.  I have had him it seems like forever.  And A-Rod too (although I did not have him last year).  It's going to be like a part of me is missing.

Sad to see at least one of them go. I can't think of two amazing careers that ended so completely differently within the same year. 

I'm still missing my stalwarts - Jorge Cantu and Aubrey Huff. Although, I suppose it's no surprise that I only one our baseball leagues once with stalwarts like them.

7 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

194 points with Ezekiel Elliott left on the bench! That's a fully grown beat down I just laid on someone. 

I'm telling you, you gotta be an adult to handle the shit I dropped on this man. That's the kinda stuff you can't appreciate until you're living in a shitty apartment trying to juggle a car payment, rent, and student loans at the same time and borrowing money from your folks to fulfill that 30 day prescription for the second time this week. 

:P

It's all love.

I'll take Zeke - you clearly don't need him that badly after dropping 194 without him. :) Gotta appreciate the little things in this crazy world. "Adulting" sucks.

38 minutes ago, Week said:

Sad to see at least one of them go. I can't think of two amazing careers that ended so completely differently within the same year. 

Ortiz can still go for years it seems.  Granted I had him on my bench for most of the season this year because I moved him out and thought I moved him back in but never did.  I always liked Big Papi even though he plays for Boston :)

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I put up 174 with 2 WRs getting me 0 points and Cameron Artis-Payne on my bench.  I know, not the same.

3 hours ago, grozeng said:

I put up 174 with 2 WRs getting me 0 points and Cameron Artis-Payne on my bench.  I know, not the same.

You play. To win. The game. :P

I beat the first ranked WJ in A this week and my bench scored a combined total of 12.3 points. I'm actually pretty proud of that.

Week 5 Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 33-12
2) Brax Tantivy - 31-14
3) Coldwater Behemoths - 28-17
4) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 24-21
5) The Night's Ponies - 23-22
6) Harlaw Scythes - 20-25
7) Eyrie Mavericks - 19-26
8) Dreadfort Direwolves - 17-28
9) Greywater Greenseers - 15-30
9) Dreadfort TraderApes - 15-30

Trade between Harlaw Scythes and Dreadfort Direwolves.  Harlaw Scythes get J. Flacco and Dreadfort Direwolves get E. Sanders.

Bronn needed a QB for week 7 due to uncertainty with Cutler, and I could use an upgrade at WR4.  I was really looking for a backup RB, but I can use Sanders and it gives me more depth at WR.

I gave him two choices, Jennings or Sanders.  I think Sanders is worth a little more (not much) but can afford to lose him on that team.  It had Crabtree, Hurns and Corey Coleman all on the bench.  But overlapping bye weeks for starting QB forced my hand.

I don't expect to get as much back for Flacco when I try to trade him in week 8.

Week 6 Power Rankings:

1) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 40-14
1) Brax Tantivy - 40-14
3) Coldwater Behemoths - 34-20
4) The Night's Ponies - 31-23
5) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 25-29
6) Eyrie Mavericks - 24-30
7) Harlaw Scythes - 23-31
8) Dreadfort Direwolves - 21-33
9) Dreadfort TraderApes - 17-37
10) Greywater Greenseers - 15-39

19 hours ago, grozeng said:

And of course at the last minute I bench Forte for Shady McCoy because they said he was playing.  Forte and Adams on my bench.  I am such an idiot.  I deserve to lose.

He'll still need Sanders to put up 8 points - not a guarantee against the Houston defense. We'll see...

We're now about to get in some pretty rough bye weeks. Ugh. I'll need a QB for week 10 at some juncture.

It is starting to look like I need to be more concerned about preventing Jaxoming than about the post-season in this league.

If there is someone getting ready for the playoffs already who wants to make a three-for-one offer for Antonio Brown this week, I am willing to listen.  He's worth so much more when Ben is healthy.  But I can't wait.  TE and RB help are key.  I can also move Cutler or Flacco as part of a deal.  They aren't great, but at least bye week fill-in worthy.

Making a deal with Bronn --

Brax Tantivy receives: Antonio Brown, Allen Hurns, and Joe (Elite) Flacco

Harlaw Scythes receives: Amari Cooper, Matt Asiata, and Jack Doyle

I couldn't pass up an opportunity to finally get a top 5 WR as much as I like Amari Cooper. The Tantivy take a bit of a hit this week in exchange for long-term payoff and QB coverage for week 10. Brax thanks best friends Amari Cooper and Matt Asiata for their service and wishes them luck in their next stop together.

Sigh, now I have to root for Big Ben to get healthy.

Archived