Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

I have the pleasure of being your new commissioner in 2016, the 10th season of the Westeros Experts FFL League. Based on results from last year, we should have the following returning league members:

• Jaime L
  • Whiskeyjack
  • Mya Stone 
  • Bronn Stone
  • Prince of the North
  • Bluray
  • Grozeng

And also 3 who've earned placement in Experts as a result of winning another board league to replace the 3 who got Jaxomed last year (Dracarys, JJ Lannister, HowdyPhillip,):

• Hugorfonics
  • Mudguard 
  • Jace

Once JJ transfers over the commissionership I will extend the formal invite to you 3.

So far, of the returning participants, everyone has signed up to the invite JJ has sent except Bluray and Groz. Haven't seen either around the board (or making roster moves in fantasy baseball) in over 4 months. Anyone seen either of those two? Regardless will reach out on my own to both to make sure they're down for another season.

We also have to decide on a date to draft. Let me know if any of the following dates are not good for you:

• Sunday August 21st
  • Monday August 22nd
  • Tuesday August 23rd
  • Monday August 29th
  • Tuesday August 30th
  • Wednesday August 31st
  • Thursday September 1st
  • Monday September 5th
  • Tuesday September 6th
  • Wednesday September 7th

Looking forward to another great year! 

Gonna be out of town for two weeks from the end of August into early September. I don't mind drafting other leagues from my phone/laptop but I'd like to be in front of my computer for Experts. I'd prefer one of the days from opening week. Also lets us see who gets hurt in preseason, but I can make any of those days if needs be.

On 8/2/2016 at 5:41 PM, Jaime L said:

We also have to decide on a date to draft. Let me know if any of the following dates are not good for you:

• Sunday August 21st
  • Monday August 22nd
  • Tuesday August 23rd
  • Monday August 29th
  • Tuesday August 30th
  • Wednesday August 31st
  • Thursday September 1st
  • Monday September 5th
  • Tuesday September 6th
  • Wednesday September 7th

Looking forward to another great year! 

Everything works for me except September 5-7.  I will, of course, try to make whatever is decided upon work but just wanted to let you know.

Ok so if I'm reading Jace and POTN's posts, the only days still open where we don't yet have a conflict are August 21st-23rd. Earlier than I would like but still beats being terrorized by terminator autodraft.

On 8/2/2016 at 5:06 PM, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Don't worry, Manhole, we'll find them. 

ETA: I've sent out PMs to everyone who hasn't weighed in yet except Bluray who no longer appears to have a board account. Anyone in touch with him? 

11 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Don't worry, Manhole, we'll find them. 

ETA: I've sent out PMs to everyone who hasn't weighed in yet except Bluray who no longer appears to have a board account. Anyone in touch with him? 

Who can draft at a time like this? Bluray is probably in someone's trunk, and his team is gonna get autodrafted. (I haven't seen hide nor hair of him of late, sorry.

14 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

I can probably draft any of those days.  But later is better.

Jace - when you say opening week, you mean week 1 of the NFL?  As in, September 5-7?

Yeah. But since those days appear to be no good, I'm fine with whenever. I'll survive. Just tell me when and when.

Commissioner duties have been transfered over to Jaime. Newbies make sure you are at the draft on time. Showing up even 5 minutes late will screw you completely. You don't want the computer spending $50+ on Ellington and Gordon! Jaime,  I think you will have to delete my team from the league. It's not letting me for some reason. The Crows will be back with a vengeance!

On 8/5/2016 at 10:46 AM, Jaxom 1974 said:

And don't forget, as always, my spectre looms over this league...I will be back in! 

You're the Drowned God of this league. Howdy, JJ and Dracarys are now feasting in your watery halls. 

8 hours ago, JJ Lannister said:

Commissioner duties have been transfered over to Jaime. Newbies make sure you are at the draft on time. Showing up even 5 minutes late will screw you completely. You don't want the computer spending $50+ on Ellington and Gordon! Jaime,  I think you will have to delete my team from the league. It's not letting me for some reason. The Crows will be back with a vengeance!

Thanks JJ. I went ahead and deleted your team. Less than 24 hours into my commissionership no less. I'm mad with power, truly. 

Ok, Bluray and Groz still haven't re-enrolled in the league or responded to PMs and Hugorfonics hasn't respond to PMs so that I can send him an invite. Pretty sure none has been posting on the board recently (though correct me if I'm wrong on that). 

So my plan is to give each to the end of the week (Sunday the 15th) to sign up. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to open up their spots to other league champions from last year who didn't get an Experts invite. And if there aren't enough of those who are interested and will be active in the Experts League, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But actively level is key for making this league work so definitely going to emphasize that. 

Listen, I'm so active! I'm gonna be the most active pre-... just trust me, OK? There's gonna be so much activity going on you're gonna be sick of it! Look, I mean, OK? We've been losing on trade and I'm gonna make so many positions. Look at the waiver wire? It's at 18.5 percent, and of course they're lying about it. I don't know, that's just what I've heard. I do great with rookies! Rookies love me, the media says I don't do-. But I mean Arizona? Carson Palmer? Are you kidding me? I picked this guy up for 5$ last year, no one believed! They're all saying 'you can't do that!' Right? Look. We're gonna build a wall, we're gonna make the murderers and rapists in Howdy Phillips league pay for it and we're gonna make experts great again.

8 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Listen, I'm so active! I'm gonna be the most active pre-... just trust me, OK? There's gonna be so much activity going on you're gonna be sick of it! Look, I mean, OK? We've been losing on trade and I'm gonna make so many positions. Look at the waiver wire? It's at 18.5 percent, and of course they're lying about it. I don't know, that's just what I've heard. I do great with rookies! Rookies love me, the media says I don't do-. But I mean Arizona? Carson Palmer? Are you kidding me? I picked this guy up for 5$ last year, no one believed! They're all saying 'you can't do that!' Right? Look. We're gonna build a wall, we're gonna make the murderers and rapists in Howdy Phillips league pay for it and we're gonna make experts great again.

This is quality. 

On Monday, August 08, 2016 at 0:59 PM, Jaime L said:

So my plan is to give each to the end of the week (Sunday the 15th) to sign up. If that doesn't happen, I'm going to open up their spots to other league champions from last year who didn't get an Experts invite. And if there aren't enough of those who are interested and will be active in the Experts League, well, we'll cross that bridge when we come to it. But actively level is key for making this league work so definitely going to emphasize that. 

You want me on that wall...you need me on that wall...

Archived