Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

19 minutes ago, Week said:

Will be down to the wire in this one Jaime. Somewhere around 60/40 advantage for you.

Week: AJ Green

Jaime: 2.22 pts + Sterling Shepard + Tyler Eifert

What does it take to kill the Tantivy?! Gonna put up 180+ points, had an 80+% chance of winning for a lot of Sunday, and here you are having somehow kept pace and now it feels close to a 50/50 matchup based on how beastly AJ Green decides to be tonight. I hate all the QBs. Russell Wilson for killing it, Joe Flacco for being "elite", Felipe Rios and Carson Palmer for switching from TD to INT mode between halves.

Bah. I need this win bad for playoff purposes. Gonna be white knuckling it tonight. 

Goddamn, made me sweat that one Week...

Week 10 Power Rankings:

1) Brax Tantivy - 68-22
2) Horn Hill Ser Piggies - 65-25
3) Coldwater Behemoths - 50-40
3) Riverrun Cobra Kai - 50-40
5) The Night's Ponies - 42-48
6) Dreadfort Direwolves - 40-50
6) Eyrie Mavericks - 40-50
8) Greywater Greenseers - 39-51
9) Harlaw Scythes - 35-55
10) Dreadfort TraderApes - 21-69

50 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Goddamn, made me sweat that one Week...

I was going out to dinner and saw that Shep scored - dagger to the heart before wine and unlimited pizza. Dangerous.

Well, looks like 4 playoffs spots are probably locked up with the 7-3 teams, but there will be a dogfight for the last 2 spots between the 5-5 teams (The Night's Ponies, Riverrun Cobra Kai, and Greywater Greenseers) with an outside chance for the 4-6 Dreadfort Direwolves.

Looking at the upcoming schedule...

The Night's Ponies (Opponent Strength: .678 - Strong) - Riverrun/Brax/Horn Hill)
Riverrun Cobra Kai (Opponent Strength: .474 - Moderate) - Ponies/Horn Hill/Dreadfort Apes)
Greywater Greenseers (Opponent Strength: .374 - Weak) - Dreadfort Apes/Dreadfort DWolves/Eyrie)

Will be tough sledding for Jace to go against the Cobra Kai and top 2 teams - smart money is probably on Riverrun and Greywater getting into the playoffs.

In terms of Jaxoming, Dreadfort Apes looks to be one and done - too much catching up to do with only 1 QB (who on bye this week). Bronn looks to be in a tough spot with strong chances to save his spot with strong feeder league teams. The 3rd spot looks like a toss up between pretty much everyone south of Cobra Kai.

52 minutes ago, Week said:

Well, looks like 4 playoffs spots are probably locked up with the 7-3 teams, but there will be a dogfight for the last 2 spots between the 5-5 teams (The Night's Ponies, Riverrun Cobra Kai, and Greywater Greenseers) with an outside chance for the 4-6 Dreadfort Direwolves.

The Night's Ponies (Opponent Strength: .678 - Strong) - Riverrun/Brax/Horn Hill)
Riverrun Cobra Kai (Opponent Strength: .474 - Moderate) - Ponies/Horn Hill/Dreadfort Apes)
Greywater Greenseers (Opponent Strength: .374 - Weak) - Dreadfort Apes/Dreadfort DWolves/Eyrie)

Will be tough sledding for Jace to go against the Cobra Kai and top 2 teams - smart money is probably on Riverrun and Greywater getting into the playoffs.

In terms of Jaxoming, Dreadfort Apes looks to be one and done - too much catching up to do with only 1 QB (who on bye this week). Bronn looks to be in a tough spot with strong chances to save his spot with strong feeder league teams. The 3rd spot looks like a toss up between pretty much everyone south of Cobra Kai.

Nice analysis, Week. Now 10 weeks in, was gonna take a closer look at where the Jaxoming standings stood but you're all over it. All I really have to add is:

1) Big matchup this week between us Jace. The winner very well may end up booking their playoff ticket, while the loser will have to really cling to their power ranking all the more.
2) The interesting thing the last several weeks is how the power rankings have tightened for everyone except the TraderApes (who sadly appear done at this point). POTN has been scratching and clawing his way upwards after digging a huge Jaxom-sized hole for himself and now is on the verge of reaching sunlight. And it's now close enough between teams #5-9 in the power rankings that it's a question of 1) who saves themselves with a playoff spot (definitely Mya, but who else?), and 2) of those left who finishes with the best power ranking when the music stops? Really tough to say at this point. 

Also, I should mention the opponent strength metric I posted above is based on the average winning percentage (by power rankings) of the 3 upcoming opponents. The strength of schedule metric was nearly identical when using power ranking accrued over weeks 5-10. That was pretty interesting to see considering the number of roster changes over the last several weeks. 

8 hours ago, Week said:

I agree with the analysis.  I give myself (Dreadfort Direwolves) about a 1/4 chance, at best, to make the playoffs.  I'm going to have to win 2/3 or maybe even 3/3 to make the playoffs, and I'll need to beat the Greywater Greenseers to have any chance.  After 10 weeks, my RB situation is finally starting to come together but it might be too little too late.  

For once, I don't loathe the Color Rush!  The Saints' All-Whites aren't terrible!  Also, I hope he's ok but I'm kinda not surprised K. Benjamin got injured again.  I really hate those "submarining" tackles.  But I suppose defenders would just say (and probably rightly so) that's the only way they can deal with those huge players.

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'll tell you if I concede after it's over. I'll keep you in suspense.

Well let me know when you decide. 

Thought you had me early on. Seemed to shift when Palmer got that TD pass to DJ. Apparently mental telepathy works. 

16 hours ago, Mya Stone said:

I just threw up in my mouth. :wacko:

Week, I'm sorry about AJ. :( 

Is ok - :( It all comes down to Lamar Miller. That inspired more confidence in me at the start of the year.

16 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I threw up on my fantasy roster. Allen Hurns...

Sorry :(

10 hours ago, Jaime L said:

Well let me know when you decide. 

Thought you had me early on. Seemed to shift when Palmer got that TD pass to DJ. Apparently mental telepathy works. 

Getting the double dip is always pretty great.

Archived