Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

I thought A was open this year? Some of the old faces but some new ones as well?

I agree with Bronn's opinion on this. I think the point system should be implemented. I have no problem with using the other leagues as feeders for Experts if that's the consensus for the board, but if someone qualifies they either need to be established or guarantee they will stay active.

If the they make that guarantee and don't hold up their end, then Jaime should have the authority to give management of their team to another owner not in Experts.

I know Bronn had a pretty good point system worked out that was posted at some point. I will try to find it and post it here. 

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Hold on here! Are we fucking with the feeder formula now? I can't say I like that. It was my understanding that if I won B then I get back in and I approached this season with that mindset.

Not saying we're messing with anything. We made the rule a couple of years ago that if you get Jaxomed from Experts but win any other league that same year you automatically keep your spot. The point system ( if I remember correctly ) rewarded winning a league very highly but would also reward players that finished high in multiple leagues. 

Just now, JJ Lannister said:

August 9, 2015 (edited) · 

My proposal for a point system to determine inclusion into Experts for the upcoming year. 

Thunderdome:

1st- 100 points
2nd- 50 points
3rd- 25 points

Westeros C:

1st- 85 points
2nd- 30 points
3rd- 15 points

Westeros B:

1st- 75 points
2nd- 20 points
3rd- 10 points

Outlaw:

1st- 75 points
2nd- 20 points
3rd- 10 points

Westeros A:

1st- 75 points
2nd- 25points
3rd- 10 points

Survivor and Dynasty:

1st- 50 points
2nd- 10 points
3rd- 5 points

Any other board leagues that spring up will be taken into consideration for inclusion by current Experts members. 

If you play in more than 2 leagues, only your top two will be added to your total. 

Current Experts members that are eliminated, will automatically earn the right to stay if they finish first in A, B, C, Outlaw, or Thunderdome. 

d 

That is what I proposed last year. Since I was Jaxomed, I know I have no say and some tweaks would need to be made. 

My opinion doesn't matter and the 7 remaining Experts coming back next year should discuss, with Jaime making the final decision on what he personally thinks is best. After playing FF with him for the better part of a decade, I respect and will be happy with whatever he decides. I'm planning on winning A and D to get myself back in regardless. It has become my favorite league by far and it sucked not being in it this year. 

Can we wait until we have winners and losers before we get to next year?

A lot can happen between now and then - there may be too few winners outside of the experts group or too many or someone may drop out. We'll see!

For now, my focus is on losing this week to POTN thank you very much. 

My proposal for a point system involved very small point amounts for second and third,  such that they only became tie-breakers.  (ie finishing second in every single league was worth less than finishing first in all but the most oddball of leagues (100, 10, 2 for example)

But the underlying suggestion that the leagues with little turnover should be somehow downgraded for that reason is inherently silly.  Those leagues are what they are because of the RELIABILITY and ongoing competitive play by the people in them. 

The winner of Westeros A will have won a competitive league with ten good players who stuck with their teams all year long.  Said player will have stuck with it in good years and bad and demonstrated year after year that he/she has not just stumbled into a good autodraft once but every year puts a good effort out there.  Another term for that is an EXPERT.

Instead of a points system, it sounds like these leagues need to be structured into a 3 tiered system. Winners are promoted and last place teams are demoted, obviously a point system may need to be put into place in case someone wins multiple leagues in the same tier. This will allow the dedicated successful players to rise to the top keeping those league competitive, while still allowing for new players to take a shot every year in the lower leagues.

Of course you could institute a rule where the highest place Jaxomed team takes over for an inactive team team after a certain period of time. (provided they don't have a reasonable excuse)

On 12/10/2016 at 0:41 PM, Week said:

For now, my focus is on losing this week to POTN thank you very much. 

38 minutes ago, Week said:

Great, no yahoo but I can watch the Chargers where Gordon just got injured. That's pretty much all she wrote if he's out.

Lotta game left;)  It kinda sucks for Riddick to be out this week, too.  He's been pretty solid all year as a 3rd RB and I really don't have any decent replacements for him.  Now I'm just hoping Tennessee gives Henry some play:dunno: 

21 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Lotta game left;)  It kinda sucks for Riddick to be out this week, too.  He's been pretty solid all year as a 3rd RB and I really don't have any decent replacements for him.  Now I'm just hoping Tennessee gives Henry some play:dunno: 

Not enough game left. :) Little did I know - Dez Bryant would be bringing me down in the night game...

Congrats POTN! Good luck the rest of the way out!

34 minutes ago, Week said:

Not enough game left. :) Little did I know - Dez Bryant would be bringing me down in the night game...

Congrats POTN! Good luck the rest of the way out!

Thanks, Week!  A surprising turn of events*.  You know I'll try to keep it going as long as I can!:)

*Now watch, Flacco will put up 42 points tonight and the NE D/ST will have -10:P   

10 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

Thanks, Week!  A surprising turn of events*.  You know I'll try to keep it going as long as I can!:)

*Now watch, Flacco will put up 42 points tonight and the NE D/ST will have -10:P   

:P

I should have kept Cousins and traded Big Ben.

Holy Crap.  I won. Thought I lost with Big Ben's wonderful outing.  I did not even check once that happened.

Figured I lost both experts and Dynasty with some real horrible performances, but somehow I won here.

Congrats, Mya!  Now go win it all!

Playing in Experts was pretty fun this year!  It always is but this year was a real struggle for me all season.  I had to really claw and scratch (and get quite lucky, too) to avoid getting Jaxomed.  After narrowly avoiding jaxomization and, amazingly, making the playoffs I felt like I was playin' with house money from then on:D

Best of luck to everyone the rest of the way and, above all, enjoy the rest of the season!  Oh! And Happy Holidays, too:cheers: 

9 hours ago, Prince of the North said:

Congrats, Mya!  Now go win it all!

Playing in Experts was pretty fun this year!  It always is but this year was a real struggle for me all season.  I had to really claw and scratch (and get quite lucky, too) to avoid getting Jaxomed.  After narrowly avoiding jaxomization and, amazingly, making the playoffs I felt like I was playin' with house money from then on:D

Best of luck to everyone the rest of the way and, above all, enjoy the rest of the season!  Oh! And Happy Holidays, too:cheers: 

Thanks so much, Pooner! 

I'm honestly SHOCKED this team (with no backup QB and both Atlanta RB) has made it to the championship this year. This year's Mavericks certainly weren't my best team ever drafted, but it is the scrappiest, dammit. 

Happy holidays to all!  

Will be tough for the Atlanta backs to overcome a much improved Panther D. Will not be tough for Brady to shred the Jets secondary. Long odds for the Mavs this week.

(Though they've managed to beat those odds all season)

Archived