Westeros Experts League 2016

Jaime L

That one will be season defining.  I think particularly for Jace, it may be Jaxoming-defining.

Big win for Jaime, IMO.  But mostly because I think he had the depth to take fill slots from his bench and Jace didn't really.

32 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

That one will be season defining.  I think particularly for Jace, it may be Jaxoming-defining.

Big win for Jaime, IMO.  But mostly because I think he had the depth to take fill slots from his bench and Jace didn't really.

Man, I hope so. Agreed on the stakes - it'd be fitting if after 10 years in this league I end up Jaxoming myself by doing an insane 5 for 5 deal that completely sold out my draft strategy.

It isn't easy going from a WR corps where Eric Decker is my worst WR to one where Quincy Enunwa thinks he's the Alpha. But just have too big of a mancrush on DJ/Zeke. 

Oh, I agree with you 100%, Jace.  Your situation required breaking your dynamic duo down into pieces, and you got some good ones.  But for one other team to have the pieces to make the deal for both of them at once is a huge win for him, even though not really a loss for you.  The ones who lost on this deal are those who didn't participate.

ETA: The question I do have is if more could have been had by dealing each separately.  And conducting more of an open bidding war.  We shall see.

59 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Oh, I agree with you 100%, Jace.  Your situation required breaking your dynamic duo down into pieces, and you got some good ones.  But for one other team to have the pieces to make the deal for both of them at once is a huge win for him, even though not really a loss for you.  The ones who lost on this deal are those who didn't participate.

ETA: The question I do have is if more could have been had by dealing each separately.  And conducting more of an open bidding war.  We shall see.

This deal actually took a few days to work out, and I was in negotiations all week with a number of parties I'd identified as having assets I was determined to acquire. Golden Tate was actually an interesting area of contention for me and as weird as this might sound I only decided to give him up when Week sent me James White for Tony Romo.

So in a more direct answer to your question, I did look into dealing every one of those players to people other than Jaime and determined this was my best opportunity. As for how open it was, for my part I confess ignorance as to experts etiquette but I thought it would be inappropriate to talk about ongoing negotiations. I did inform all parties that I had other talks ongoing and would not commit to anything until negotiations were finalized, but nothing more.

So, with that said I had a lot of fun hammering out this deal and could discuss it all day but I think I won't say any more about it unless that's ok with Jaime.

22 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

As for how open it was, for my part I confess ignorance as to experts etiquette but I thought it would be inappropriate to talk about ongoing negotiations. I did inform all parties that I had other talks ongoing and would not commit to anything until negotiations were finalized, but nothing more.

So, with that said I had a lot of fun hammering out this deal and could discuss it all day but I think I won't say any more about it unless that's ok with Jaime.

Did you not notice the extensive posting that has been going on day in and day out on this thread? :P /tongue firmly placed in cheek

I think as long as we remain free of personal attacks (including myself here - news to you all, I'm not always a saint ;)) - there's no real etiquette that I can think of being necessary. That said, only my first year being a participant in the league.

57 minutes ago, Week said:

Did you not notice the extensive posting that has been going on day in and day out on this thread? :P /tongue firmly placed in cheek

I think as long as we remain free of personal attacks (including myself here - news to you all, I'm not always a saint ;)) - there's no real etiquette that I can think of being necessary. That said, only my first year being a participant in the league.

In that case, I'd like to let everyone know that Cole Beaseley is available for the right price.

WEL media insider Pony Queen Jace, coming to you live. I've just received word that the particulars of a deal involving Cole Beasely are being finalized as we spea...

Actually, I'm being told now that the Night's Ponies and Brax Tantivy have agreed to terms.

Brax Tantivy will be receiving WR A.J. Green, WR Julio Jones, RB Isaiah Crowell, QB Ryan Tannehill, and WR Cole Beasely while the Night's Ponies will now feature WR Stephon Diggs, WR Dante Moncrief, RB Devante Booker, QB Andrew Luck, and WR Travis Benjamin.

We'll have more on this breaking story soon.

As much as I love Luck - I'm overconfident about the playoffs and his brutal playoff schedule. I like this trade for Jace's avoidance of Jaxoming and my playoff chances (now, Jace will be beating me in the playoffs).

I sent the commissioner a message last night but here's my duplicate. I'll list guys who've already played for clarity.

Qb- Luck and Mariota

Wr-  Deshaun Jackson, Maclin, Diggs, Jermaine Kearse

Rb- Booker, matthews, white 

Te- Bennett, Tammy

Def- tennis, San Diego

K- Vinatieri 

Sorry - late due to Halloween festivities

Qb - Wilson and Tyrod

Wr- Green, Julio, Dez, Tyrell

RB- Ware, Gordon, Miller

TE - olsen, reed

Oh just looked at the league - all good!

23 hours ago, Week said:

Sorry - late due to Halloween festivities

Speaking of, maybe don't do insane 5 for 5 trades on nights with Halloween festivities, dicks. :P

After a very drunken Halloween party Saturday, I got up barely in time to watch my Skins play in London which itself was a miracle. WJ alerted me to this deal so I check it out like 2 minutes before kickoff but Yahoo informed me that AJ Green had already started playing (Fuck you, Yahoo). So I sat there bleary eyed for an hour knowing I had to process this deal, because it was clearly agreed upon before gametime, but not wanting to go through the pain of it. Because the only way you can do it at that point is dropping all 10 players from your rosters, using Yahoo's tedious commissioner search function to find them on waivers (why do I have to search by first name, Yahoo?), and then putting them back in your lineups. I am glad though I guessed right that you'd want Gordon in your lineup over Crowell.

But really I'm just bitter and hurt Jace gave up on my boys, AJ Green and Trick Montalban, before even playing them once. It was hard to let go of my twin studs, but I thought I'd given 'em a good home. Little did I know they were just pawns in your larger scheme to go full homer in a way that would make even Jaxom blush. Shame!

Archived