Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

I cannot say if anyone else thinks that, even though I do not. On a more humorous note, I first read it as Morgan Freeman, not Martin, and thought, his is a very wise voice, though the crannogmen do not seem to be dark skinned.

Am I the only one around here who fears Howland Reed will be a big disappointment.

I haven't thought of that before, but now that I have, no definitely not. Howland Reed might turn out to be, say,  King Theoden (circa Grima Wormtongue) or something. Otherwise why he kept his mouth shut and stayed low-key until now? (I mean, he sent his kids to Winterfell which now became Winterfail and his kids believed to be dead already but still there's no word from Greywater Watch or whatsoever).

Am I the only one around here who believes that in ASOS, LF kissed Sansa only because he knew Lysa was watching, and the kiss was just part of an elaborated plan to eliminate Lysa rather than a spark of an old flame (Cat)? 

PS. LMAO Morgan Freeman as Howland Reed?? Talking about epic cast here!! :D

I think that from the start his only plan for Sansa was as a tool in his rise to power and a means for cruel revenge. So that interpretation sounds absolutely reasonable.

Am I the only one who sees the in your face foreshadowing of Jaime duelling with death (Ilyn) every night in his Riverun chapters, and losing every time?

50 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I think that from the start his only plan for Sansa was as a tool in his rise to power and a means for cruel revenge. So that interpretation sounds absolutely reasonable.

Am I the only one who sees the in your face foreshadowing of Jaime duelling with death (Ilyn) every night in his Riverun chapters, and losing every time?

That LF theory is the most contrived crackpot there is. It makes zero sense that he would do all that just to piss off Lysa, risking Sansa's death and who knows what else, just to kill Lysa, when there were so many other, safer and less risky ways to kill Lysa. Which also wouldn't involve Lysa spilling out his secrets to Sansa (such as the death of Jon Arryn). And there was absolutely no reason why he couldn't have killed Lysa without Lysa having seen him kissing Sansa. I'm sure he would have murdered Lysa eventually, but she promopted it by spilling out the secrets and being so volatile.

It's a more contrived Batman Gambit than even the "Varys put Shae in Tywin's bed" crackpot. Just face it, guys, Tywin was horny and a hypocrite, and LF was really horny and is generally obsessed with Sansa because he sees her as his Cat 2.0.

I like the Jaime and death one, though. I haven't heard that one before.

12 minutes ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

AITOOARHW can't pronounce "Alayaya" on the first try every single time I read it?

It seems you aren't, since the guy that hosts the Winterfell Podcast always has trouble pronouncing it. I'm not sure why, it doesn't seem so difficult to pronounce.

Am I the only one who hates the show pronunciations of "Tysha" and "Margaery" and always pronounces them as TEA-sha and MAR-garry (as in Margaret, not Marjory) instead?

seem to have broken the smooth mould of group therapy style reassurance that was prevailing in the thread, Annara.

2 hours ago, Blue-Eyed Wolf said:

AITOOARHW can't pronounce "Alayaya" on the first try every single time I read it?

No, you are not.I am not surprised she has a nick name 'yaya'

8 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

AITOOAHW who instinctively recoiled on reading most of Tyrion's sex scenes?

Same here. His sex scenes are not pleasant to read (and yet, we know so much about his sex life).

Am I the only one around here who had trouble understanding the Reek/Ramsay switch on the first read ?

1 hour ago, Joy Hill said:

Same here. His sex scenes are not pleasant to read (and yet, we know so much about his sex life).

Am I the only one around here who had trouble understanding the Reek/Ramsay switch on the first read ?

Nope. Then again I raced through on first read and missed a lot.

Am I the only one around here who thinks Inkpots is Gerion Lannister?

On 8/17/2016 at 0:15 PM, Little Scribe of Naath said:

<snip

AITOOAHW who's headcanon of Howland Reed is Martin Freeman as Bilbo ? :P

Sorry to break the flow here, but I have to say that I absolutely have a headcanon of MF as HR.

On 8/18/2016 at 1:57 PM, Annara Snow said:

Um... Aren't we supposed to answer the previous one? Nobody's answered mine.

Little Scribe of Naath answered yours, Annara. But I'll add that I didn't notice anyone pronouncing Margaery's name that way in the show (maybe because I've trained myself to ignore the show's odd pronunciations), and since Tysha (which I pronounce TIE-shuh, and GRRM pronounces TISH-uh) was only mentioned once or twice, I didn't remember that they got it wrong.

3 hours ago, Raisin(g) Bran 2 Greenseer said:

That's a new one for me. I will have to read that part of DwD again. Not sure why he would join a sellsword company.

Am I the only one around here who cringes every time they read about Tyrion's twisted legs?

I'm sure you're not. They definitely sound painful to walk on.

Am I the only one around here who wants to find out that Lyanna did love Rhaegar but refused to run away with him and managed to land at least one solid punch to his jaw before he and his KG buddies succeeded in dragging her off?

I totally would love to read that as well. Maybe that's because I just find the idea of them throwing all caution and sense to the wind and running away because "prophecy" ridiculous...

AITOOAHW wishes GRRM would write less about Targs and more on the other families/magic in his world (in his companion novels)?

I think they'll likely make an appearance (hope GRRM won't describe the way they move in too much detail. I. Hate. Spiders.)

Am I the only one around here who really dislikes Dany's dream of a kingdom filled with pretty maids and fat men, and thinks no woman would ever wish for such a kingdom?

8 hours ago, Joy Hill said:

I think they'll likely make an appearance (hope GRRM won't describe the way they move in too much detail. I. Hate. Spiders.)

Am I the only one around here who really dislikes Dany's dream of a kingdom filled with pretty maids and fat men, and thinks no woman would ever wish for such a kingdom?

You are probably not alone in that, though I think she wasn't being literal so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds.

AITOOAHW was devastated by Bran and Rickon's deaths and then overjoyed to find out they weren't really dead?

On 8/20/2016 at 0:42 AM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

Sorry to break the flow here, but I have to say that I absolutely have a headcanon of MF as HR.

Little Scribe of Naath answered yours, Annara. But I'll add that I didn't notice anyone pronouncing Margaery's name that way in the show (maybe because I've trained myself to ignore the show's odd pronunciations), and since Tysha (which I pronounce TIE-shuh, and GRRM pronounces TISH-uh) was only mentioned once or twice, I didn't remember that they got it wrong.

Only after I pointed out it wasn't answered, she/he edited her/his post.

The Margaery thing is just a personal dislike of mine, but I really think that Dinklage's pronunciation of Tysha makes no sense, because Tysha said that their names go together: "Tyrion and Tysha, Tysha and Tyrion". That doesn't work at all if you pronounce it TIE-sha, it would go with Tywin (ugh), unless you pronounce Tyrion as Tyrone with an extra "y" (Tyre-y-on). But Dinklage hasn't read the books so he doesn't know that.

why doesn't multiquoting work?

23 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

You are probably not alone in that, though I think she wasn't being literal so maybe it wouldn't be as bad as it sounds.

AITOOAHW was devastated by Bran and Rickon's deaths and then overjoyed to find out they weren't really dead?

23 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'm sure you weren't, but I wasn't one of those people, and here's why:

Am I the only one who never believed they were dead while reading ACOK?

Archived