Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

I don't think you're alone in that. Quentyn has some pretty big fans, or at least people who claim he's still alive.

AITOOAHW wants to see Viserion go all badass? He may be the "sweet" dragon, but I bet once his temper is worked up, he's as fierce as either of the other two.

we did see all three of them going badass on that slaver ship. And if we are talking about the books, it was only really Drogon, who had been badass as an individual and that is, in general, due to the fact that he is the only dragon not chained up in the catacombs, where it's not all that easy to be badass. 

Am I the only one around here who is glad there wasn't a cleganebowl on the show? 

No, you're definitely not. There are thankfully a lot of people, me included, who deeply despise the Cleganbowl "theory" and hype and are sure it won't happen in the books. A lot of people still thought the show would go that way for fanservice even though the books won't, so it was a nice surprise that, for once, it did not. I personally don't care about the show anymore and haven't watched it since early season 5, minus an occasional Youtube video (I'm glad I saw the Snake Fu, it's hilarious), but I was really relieved that they didn't go with the Cleganebowl - because it they had, ASOAIF fandom would be overrun with people claiming that the show had "confirmed" that the Cleganebowl will be happening, like they claimed it "confirmed" that Benjen was Coldhands (never mind that GRRM explicitly told his editor he was not).

AITOOAH who didn't like Jaqen H'ghar that much before I saw him on the show? Nothing to do with the writing, all due to Tom Wlaschiha. Jaqen came off as sort of weird and creepy in the books, but Wlaschiha made him sexy and charismatic (in a weird, creepy way).

(There, I've said something nice and positive about the show!)

Hahaha. No you're not alone there. I didn't particularly care too much for Jaqen in the books, but Tom Wlaschiha is :wub:

Re Meereen chapters in TWOW: I've already decided that I'll be reading all the Wall, Bran/BR and Battle of Ice chapters first if and when we get TWOW. Battle of Fire and Meereen can be later.

AITOOAH who is pretty excited about the upcoming Citadel plotline in TWOW? 

I imagine one can find several historical parallels.

(I suspect Citadel will be an enjoyable read, but how much it'll contribute to the denouement I don't know. Granted, the story isn't just a matter of plot points; it's how they're handled.)

I'm not the only one who thinks the story isn't just a matter of plot points or of rival character fandoms duking it out, am I?

I hadn't thought of it.

And yes, definitely looking forward to next season! Even if most of the narrative and characterisation may well end up being messy.

Eek, I probably AM the only one who wonders how the Citadel library classifies its books. And even I only thought of that just now.

Hahaha. No, you're not.

Looks like it's time for v2 of the thread....should we keep it to ASOIAF or general random thoughts? @siyxx what do you say?

@Lady Blizzardborn do you have a theory behind "Light the tower"? 

AITOOAH who thinks that often fans read too much into the books while analysing "symbolism"? For all we know that was just GRRM repeating a few phrases and words he likes (most writers tend to have a style)

(I've probably been guilty of the above myself)

3 hours ago, Little Scribe of Naath said:

Hahaha. No, you're not.

Looks like it's time for v2 of the thread....should we keep it to ASOIAF or general random thoughts? @siyxx what do you say?

@Lady Blizzardborn do you have a theory behind "Light the tower"? 

AITOOAH who thinks that often fans read too much into the books while analysing "symbolism"? For all we know that was just GRRM repeating a few phrases and words he likes (most writers tend to have a style)

(I've probably been guilty of the above myself)

No, I just think it would be funny next to the Hightower words.

Not remotely the only one. I think we all do it a little bit, but some of it gets extreme. There's a meme floating around the internet about an English teacher's take on why the curtains are blue in the scene, contrasted with the author's actual reasoning "I like blue." 

AITOOAHW agrees it's time for a new thread, but doesn't feel like starting the new one? :D Also I vote for trying to keep it ASOIAF-related. My random thoughts are far too random. 

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

AITOOAHW agrees it's time for a new thread, but doesn't feel like starting the new one? :D Also I vote for trying to keep it ASOIAF-related. My random thoughts are far too random. 

No you're not, I don't feel like starting a new one either. I would be in favour of keeping it to ASOIAF, but if a few of you want one about random thought we could maybe have two threads one for ASOIAF and one for random thougths, just a suggestion.

Re symbolism: I agree that some fans read too much into the books. While GRRM uses foreshadowing not everything is foreshadowing. 

Am I the only one around here who actually likes Ros in the show? I'm not a big fan of most other original characters and I generaly don't understand why the showrunners have included so many original characters, but Ros came of as quite sympathetic to me and the actress was really charming. 

Gosh I haven't visited this board for a while...been busy lately @Little Scribe of Naath Thanks for the heads up!

21 pages! I can't believe it, guys! I think it's time for V2...I really think it is. 

Feel free to make a spin-off version if you want to discuss random thoughts. For now let's stick to the ASOIAF-related thoughts shall we? 

3 hours ago, Lady Blizzardborn said:

No you're not the only one lol :D

Guys, let me present you:

Edit:

OMFG @Lady of Whisperers beat me by 4 minutes!! The new thread has been created so....

Archived