Am I The Only One Around Here Who....

siyxx

I don't recall which one made me happier,although the circumstances of Joff's demise were more amusing. "They haven't played "Rains of Castamere for a whole hour, I've forgotten how it goes." I probably misspelt Castamere. (Not that the death itself  was amusing.)

Am I ... who wishes Westeros had counts? Lords are boring. The drag being that Bolton would have to renamed Boltula.

Probably? I think lords are fine, though a differentiation between house Lannister and house westerling wouldn't be redundant. It's just not the same level of lordship, is it? 

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like the Blackfish? 

On 10/5/2016 at 5:54 AM, RhaenysB said:

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like the Blackfish? 

Aw, I hope so. I think Westeros needs more Blackfish.

AItOOAHW imagines someone narrating the story in my head while reading? My go-tos are John Hurt and Ian McShane. Off-topic, it ticked me of to no end that he only lasted a couple of episodes. 

Surely. I would *never* do anything like that! I don't even know this site exists when I'm at work. If you asked me at work who Daenerys was, I'd say "Is that some kind of cataloguing software?"

Am I ... wishes the index to WOIAF were a bit more complete? I'm periodically looking up obscure people in it when they come up in Mellow drama.

Yes, I'm almost sure you are. There's Wiki of Ice and Fire for this purpose. And WOIAF's primary purpose was to make money not to be complete, I'm afraid. 

Am I the only one around here who really wants to know if there are lemon trees in Bravos? 

No, you're not. But I only hate it if it works the way all everyone seems to think it does. I'd like to see an elder-wand-like twist to it where you have to kill the owner in order to "claim it", and/or that while no mortal man can sound it and live any woman could. :P  P.S. you're not the only one on the lemons either. A lot of people would love to see Lemongate put to rest one way or another.

I'm I the only one who thinks Valyrian Steel as Dragonsteel would be way too easy given how quickly Jon and Sam thought of if?

Well, I never thought of it until now (I don't give much thought to how the Others will be defeated), but you may definitely be right. (And Rhaenys, I want to know about lemon trees too.)

AITOOAHW disliked Drogo (as a person, not a character) in the books and thought he was a terrible human being, but kind of liked him in the show simply because he was hot?

I doubt it. The closest I come to that is a toy dragon named Pogon (Pogo Possum + Drogon). Weird, I know.

Am i the .... isn't convinced the scene with Robin's toy giant smashing up the snow castle is a deep prophetic allegory? (W/ my luck, it'll turn out GRRM said it was in an interview, and I'm the only one not to know.)

At least half the forum is in your corner on this one. I tend to be on your side as well. But didn't all of GOHH's other prophesies come to pass in ASoS? I don't know for sure.

Am I...who thinks the Brakens popularity, among the fandom, would be better if their feud was with another house and not the Blackwoods?

Nah. The ice zombies are an aspect of the story I'm not very interested in (but who knows, Bloodraven and co might make them more interesting).

Am I the only one around here who feels that most of the characters suffer from amnesia when it comes to Littlefinger?

He does seem to have weird powers ... in the show he seems the one to suffer amnesia, or some bizarre mental block at any rate.

Not big on Brack vs. Black either.

Am I ... not horribly upset by loss of "Only Cat" line? Although, really: why change it? Do they think the audience doesn't know who Cat is? So in itself it didn't bug me; but didn't see the point.

I not upset about it either, but I didn't like that they changed some other lines like "Edd fetch me a block" or the conversation at the ToJ. Don't see the points of changing lines, though. 

Am I the only one around here who prefers Arya's chapters in Braavos over her chapters in the Riverlands?

For the line changes, there are many other changes (plot points) made that upset me more than the "classic" lines that were rewritten. Though I don't watch the show anymore, so

For Arya's chapters, I had a hard time with ACoK but really liked ASoS, so those feelings are mixed. I did like exploring Braavos, though not the House of Black and White, so mixed again.

Am I the only one around here who rolled their eyes a bit when Tyrion would keep reminding himself of the poisonous mushrooms he found in Pentos?

Archived