Theory crafting

1 hour ago, Crowing with Wolves said:

I believe that A Game of Thrones is the book that gives the most insight when trying to predict future events.

Thoughts?

Maybe because this was back when he thought the series was going to be just three books, and then maybe four, so packed more hints in then. 

A Few things, though. George write these books to be character driven, not plot driven like some other things. So if when writing he has something in mind for Arya, but in his mind at that moment "she" is doing something else, he goes with where the character takes themselves.   

GRRM has also said the "tale grew in the telling" and he wished some things that seemed like foreshadowing in the early books, wasn't, and that he wished some things now had stronger foreshadowing then. 

Somewhere between Storm and Feast, the second act, we were given a whole other new set of clues to work with. For me it made it fun, but also more eager for the last book. 

27 minutes ago, Elisabetta Duò said:

Same.

Except for the things he decided to change later on (like Sansa's destiny, for example).

Agreed. He recently called Sansa as one of the top 5, now 6, main characters because her story developed in its writing. 

4 hours ago, Crowing with Wolves said:

I believe that A Game of Thrones is the book that gives the most insight when trying to predict future events.

Thoughts?

Yes.  I know this sounds snarky, but mostly because it was the first book and had more "future events" to allude to.  Though, Bran's 3-eyed-crow dreams (this I believe has the most far reaching insight of any pages in the series so far besides maybe Dany's HotU experience), Ned's fever dreams, Dany's dragon dreams all have large future implications.  

However, I do believe that the other books have just as much, and maybe more in some cases.

Archived