Bakker: Pounded In The Brain By The Great Ordeal Spoilers III

Durckad

15 hours ago, karaddin said:

Kayutas was conditioned to be shocked at that moment as part of the conditioning of Proyas to become a non-believer, which was necessary for him to take leadership of the ordeal and turn them cannibal. I just don't see how the entire Proyas plotline makes any sense if AK didn't know about the nuke or something equivalent happening and leaving was always part of the plan. Its not the human side of him breaking because he cares about the empire, unless he always planned to save it because that part has always been there.

I have no idea how you've come to the conclusion that Kayutas was conditioned to act shocked as a way for Proyas to take over the Ordeal. Kellhus has been conditioning for that to happen since TJE. The Nuke was a suprise, and made Kelhuss's plan all the more easier. His original plan would be worked also. His sorcerers at the summit's killing Sranc and the Ordeal in the rear allowing no escape for the scranc. They were pinned in. How could have Kellhus possibly known of the Nuke? Matter of fact he never even found it, he was alerted of its presence by others. It just made his job of defeating the horde easier, but at a cost, loss of soldiers. Hence, fleeeeeee! Kellhus was always going back to Momemn to salvage what he could, eliminate the threat of Fayanal and I assume he has a use for Meppa we're not yet aware of.

12 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

How could have Kellhus possibly known of the Nuke?

Counterpoint: how could Kellhus possibly have known about the effects of radiation sickness and that a nuclear weapon would cause radiation sickness? Or that this was the kind of nuclear weapon that would cause radiation sickness (not all massive fusion explosions need to use fissile materials as a means to explode, and as an example a matter/antimatter explosion would be big and wouldn't have any radiation). 

12 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Matter of fact he never even found it, he was alerted of its presence by others. It just made his job of defeating the horde easier, but at a cost, loss of soldiers. Hence, fleeeeeee! Kellhus was always going back to Momemn to salvage what he could, eliminate the threat of Fayanal and I assume he has a use for Meppa we're not yet aware of.

Why would using a nuke make things easier? If you lose more soldiers, how is what happened 'easier'? That doesn't make sense at all. It might make the excuse of him leaving easier, but this is Kellhus; it's not like he can't just simply say 'god said it' and people will believe it.

44 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

How could have Kellhus possibly known of the Nuke? 

I addressed this already. There are multiple plausible ways he could have found out. As has been demonstrated again and again his powers of deductive reasoning are so far beyond ours that it's almost magic.  

55 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

and as an example a matter/antimatter explosion would be big and wouldn't have any radiation).

mmm, I'm gonna have to see the math behind that, while there wouldn't be any alpha or beta particles or other radioactive isotopes dispersed, I imagine an antimatter bomb would release a ton of gamma rays

1 minute ago, Damned with the Wind said:

mmm, I'm gonna have to see the math behind that, while there wouldn't be any alpha or beta particles or other radioactive isotopes dispersed, I imagine an antimatter bomb would release a ton of gamma rays

That's probably true (depending on what was converted) but there wouldn't necessarily be any radiation sickness, and certainly not the kind that was mentioned. Most of the gamma radiation would be high energy and would pass through matter without issue, anyway. 

And medium-energy gamma radiation doesn't cause the kind of problems that are mentioned. Certainly not at such a small exposure.

2 hours ago, Darth Richard II said:

Well now I'm going to gave nightmares for a week.

The fact that out of all the things in these threads, a bulgey eye Nick Cage is what gives you nightmares, just may be the biggest endorsement of Bakker I've yet read from you.

Kellus always rolls natural 20s.

Seriously though, back to the incest that is not incest, I'm not insane right? He's not actually Kellus son right? I didn't imagine that?

He's Cnauir and Serwes kid.  So not biologically related but raised as brother and sister.

24 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Seriously though, back to the incest that is not incest, I'm not insane right? He's not actually Kellus son right? I didn't imagine that?

You are correct, Little Moe is Cnaiur's.

4 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Something is up with quote function So this is not a quote by Kalbear, rather my response.

Two way Kellhus could've known of radiation poisoning and the like. One, that seems to be what happened when the No-God died. Two, there are large crater all over Earwa that could be the result of past Nike's (purely conjecture, I know). Also, the Probability Trance. He can figure almost anything else out using it, once he seen the signs he knew it was bad, he never called it radiation poisoning, but knew to cull the sick.

Well, it made destroying the horde easier and their passage across the river easier (forget the name). But it came with the loss of more soldiers, hence, "Not everyone will survive." (paraphrasing).

25 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Two way Kellhus could've known of radiation poisoning and the like. One, that seems to be what happened when the No-God died. Two, there are large crater all over Earwa that could be the result of past Nike's (purely conjecture, I know). Also, the Probability Trance. He can figure almost anything else out using it, once he seen the signs he knew it was bad, he never called it radiation poisoning, but knew to cull the sick.

Well, it made destroying the horde easier and their passage across the river easier (forget the name). But it came with the loss of more soldiers, hence, "Not everyone will survive." (paraphrasing).

Interesting... Gonna move my response to the new thread

Archived