2016 Olympics - Opening Ceremony and beyond....

Howdyphillip

12 hours ago, Which Tyler said:

Another good day for TeamGB, 6 more golds... and counting.

Well up on the 2012 medal tracker.

More tickets sod to tomorrow than day of the able-bodied Olympics; mostly through sensible pricing.

Never seen the Paralympics in person but I watched them compete in the Commonwealth games and it's truly wonderful to watch. I've been able to catch a lot of the games at work and I think I might enjoy the Paralympics more than the able-bodied Olympics if I'm honest

On 9/9/2016 at 4:50 AM, Which Tyler said:

Pity the US doesn't seem to take these games seriously at all. What's the coverage like? In the UK we've live coverage of every event again, along with constant coverage on the channel's primary on-air site, highlights etc.

NBC Sports Network has been showing a lot of Paralympics coverage here in the States.  It's great to see.

Also, the Team USA site live-streams most events.  I watched our local friend Joe Berenyi nab a Silver in the Men's track cycling C3 3000m Pursuit on Friday.  He missed defending his gold from London by just over a second. 

I can proudly announce that my cousin* Jessica Hammill has won bronze in the paralympic shot put:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/84279046/rio-paralympics-jessica-hamill-wins-shot-put-bronze-liam-malone-makes-third-final

*Jessica is the youngest child of my mother's younger sister.

1 minute ago, Roose Boltons Pet Leech said:

I can proudly announce that my cousin* Jessica Hammill has won bronze in the paralympic shot put:

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/84279046/rio-paralympics-jessica-hamill-wins-shot-put-bronze-liam-malone-makes-third-final

*Jessica is the youngest child of my mother's younger sister.

Congratulations... All the best to her, you and your family.

Archived