Westeros Pro Football Pick Em 2016

Manhole Eunuchsbane

Week One results have been tabulated and Bronze Stones takes the top spot with a 10-6 mark and 111 pts. Tywin sits at 2nd with a 9-7 record and 101 pts, and the Highgarden Hungry Hippos gobble up 3rd at 11-5 and 101 pts. The leaderboard looks a little something like this...

1 Bronze Stones 111 0 10-6
2 Tywin 101 0 9-7
3 Highgarden Hungry Hippos 101 0 11-5
4 JJ Lannister 100 0 10-6
5 Joe Pesci 95 0 10-6
6 dbunting 91 0 8-8
7 White Harbor Bakers 86 0 9-7
8 Black Water Rush 82 0 8-8
9 Lumpy the Greek 80 0 8-8
10 Chicken Parm You Taste So Good 80 0 7-9
11 Sunspear Shariffs 76 0 8-8
12 Ramsay B 30 0 4-12
13 Trickster 0 0 0-16

@Manhole Eunuchsbane

Two questions because different leagues have different rules. First, can I just pick tonight's game, or do I have to submit them all together, and second, should I rank the game I'm most confident in as one or sixteen? 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Manhole Eunuchsbane

Two questions because different leagues have different rules. First, can I just pick tonight's game, or do I have to submit them all together, and second, should I rank the game I'm most confident in as one or sixteen? 

Yes, you can just pick tonight's game and come back later to make your Sunday and Monday picks. I believe the rule is the pick has to be in 5 minutes prior to gametime. 

16 is your most confident pick, 1 is your least. 

13 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Yes, you can just pick tonight's game and come back later to make your Sunday and Monday picks. I believe the rule is the pick has to be in 5 minutes prior to gametime. 

16 is your most confident pick, 1 is your least. 

Good to know. I'm kind of stunned that I'm in second place when there are people who had better records than me and I literally just ordered out the confidence picks 1 through 16. 

16 points on the Hawks today. Also put 12 on the Raiders. I got caught in the hype!!

I'm not pissed about the Hawks cause what're you gonna do? They got upset. As for the Raiders, clearly I overestimated their worth, and that D is not what I thought it would be.

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

16 points on the Hawks today. Also put 12 on the Raiders. I got caught in the hype!!

I'm not pissed about the Hawks cause what're you gonna do? They got upset. As for the Raiders, clearly I overestimated their worth, and that D is not what I thought it would be.

Yeah, the Raiders D has a long way to go. 2 straight games giving up 35 points. That secondary is a sieve.

Allright, Week 2 is in the bag. I take Week 2 honors with a 10-6 record and 98 points. Ramsay B takes second at 9-7 and 88 points, with Bronze Stones in third at 9-7 with 87 points. The leaderboard is a bit weird this week due to the fact that our lowest total gets dropped. The leaderboard looks a little something like this...

1 Bronze Stones 111 87 10-6
2 Highgarden Hungry Hippos 101 86 11-5
3 Tywin 101 78 9-7
4 JJ Lannister 100 72 10-6
5 Lumpy the Greek 98 80 10-6
6 Joe Pesci 95 82 10-6
7 dbunting 91 60 8-8
8 Ramsay B 88 30 9-7
9 Chicken Parm You Taste So Good 86 80 10-6
10 White Harbor Bakers 86 80 9-7
11 Sunspear Shariffs 84 76 9-7
12 Black Water Rush 82 59 8-8
13 Trickster 0 0 0-16

3 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

Might work better if you cut it and pasted it into Notepad.  Then copy the Notepad and paste it to the board.  Sometimes I use that method to clear oddball formatting.

I'll give that a shot. I don't think I did anything differently last week.

/Bingo! Thank you kind sir.

I blew 16 pts on Hawks, which is understandable considering they were playing the stinky Rams.  No shame in that pick.  I am embarrassed of putting 12 pts on the Raiders.  Clearly overestimated their defensive skill.  Lost 9 pts on Packers and can't be upset with that either. Welp, that's my lowest week thus far. 

I like the Pack to come back this week a la R-E-L-A-X style, and putting 16 on them.  On the opposite end of the pole, I'm putting 1 pt on the Texans.  I don't like the looks of that game at all.  Not to mention it's a mysterious Thursday nighter.  

Good luck everyone.

Archived