King Jon's next move.

I'd be interested to learn what people think Jon's next move as King will be. Having united the North under his leadership, and rallied the armies of the Vale behind him, he's got a few options.

Reinforcing the Wall

Claiming the Vale

Claiming the Riverlands

Assuming you know everything Jon knows (so we presume he knows nothing of his parentage, or Dany, but knows about the Others) what would you do next?

When he learns of his heritage he'll probably offer the KotN title to Sansa.

But, Sansa, being ambitious now will probably crown him King of the seven Kingdoms. 

She would convince Jon that he has to unite the realm against "the Walkers". But most of all she wants the tullys back in Power at the riverlands, revenge on cersei and become the Power behind the Throne herself. She will probably off littlefinger.

I would think he would send ravens to the south again about the walkers coming. Then he would have each family return home to prep for winter, ready their families, and then leave to head to the wall to face winter.

From what he said before they named him KitN, he's all about the WW threat.  I think he plans on trying to call all aid he can to the Wall to fight the WWs.  Now whether that happens or he gets pulled into something dealing with the South, is the question.  But his focus seems to be on what happening north of the Wall, not south of the Neck. 

15 hours ago, 1000th Lord Commander said:

I'd be interested to learn what people think Jon's next move as King will be. Having united the North under his leadership, and rallied the armies of the Vale behind him, he's got a few options.

Reinforcing the Wall

Claiming the Vale

Claiming the Riverlands

Assuming you know everything Jon knows (so we presume he knows nothing of his parentage, or Dany, but knows about the Others) what would you do next?

He has no claim to the Vale, it's not even in the North.........

Same go's for the riverlands, unless avenging his Mother and brothers deaths are what you meant, and Sansa already did that.

The answer to your question is blatantly obvious, as to whether it will be done on screen or off screen I can't answer. He's need to path things up with the houses (most notably the Karstarks and Umbers) that fought against him in the battle of Winterfell.

On 8/8/2016 at 0:21 AM, 1000th Lord Commander said:

Reinforcing the Wall

Claiming the Vale

Claiming the Riverlands

I think Jon's got to try to rally as much support against the WW as he can from ALL factions south of the Wall, then try to man and defend the Wall.  I think any attempt to fight the WW in the open field is out of the question, until Dany finally makes her way north with her dragons.

The Wall was built specifically for this purpose, that's what it's for.  He's got to try to reopen as many of the forts as possible, and prepare to defend with as many men as he can muster from all sources south of the Wall.

To forgive the "rebelious" northern houses. He has to make clear that this is not about human vs human, it´s about human vs death, and I doubt he would even feel the drive to join any sort of powerstruggle for titles.

Then he´ll march to the Wall and watch it collapse. (:

Then who knows, maybe die.

• 1 month later...

Jon's next move should be to consolidate the northern forces and get them prepared for a battle at the wall. He should also be sending letters south asking any and all for aid for the good of the 7 kingdoms. I would then send word to Lord Commander Edd that there are men coming to help reinforce the wall and the abandoned forts. (Not sure what state the elevators are in though).

I do suspect his strategy may be a lot of holding actions and falling back just to buy the realm some time to prepare. At this point he is the only one in a position to slow down this semi-extinction event. I do think it would be hilarious though if Jon defeats the Night King without Dany since she will be too busy fighting in the south. She will get word that the northerners are fighting magic ice creatures and despite Tyrion advising her to lend aid she will just ignore it. Once the refugees start pouring in all of them saying the same thing she will act only to be too late and the people will demand Jon to be the ruler of the 7 kingdoms not just King in the North. After all he just saved the realm.

Has Sansa even mentioned the White Walkers? 

Have any of the Northern Lords mentioned the White Walkers?

I know for sure that LF won't be interested in such. He's all about the Game of Thrones. 

The Vale Lords probably won't follow Jon to the Wall. Why would they abandon stout keeps and fertile lands in The Vale to go and fight an enemy that only exists in legend? If Jon does lead a force to the Wall, I'm thinking it will be a small force at best, given the amount of battles the Northmen have fought in recent years. They are depleted. I'm thinking Jon will firm up the Wall's defenses with whoever and whatever he can, and then ride off South after some encounter with Bran. 

It took Mance years to unite the wildlings, they're united because of the whitewalkers. So the whitewalkers have been around for years. There's nothing to suggest the wall will imminently fall. He has to ensure the north isn't fighting, everyone is aware of what is happening and everyone is prepared for the whitewalkers just in case the wall does fall.

He needs to resolve the Karstark/Umber situation. Ensure the wildlings are intergrated within the north, maybe marrying into some northern houses. Ensure the wall is better manned. However, I'm not sure that having more men on the wall will help matters.

I'm expecting Cersei to try and kill him. Battle or assassin, who knows. She wants both Jon and Sansa dead, she will probably add Littlefinger to that list too.

23 minutes ago, Mandzipop said:

It took Mance years to unite the wildlings, they're united because of the whitewalkers. So the whitewalkers have been around for years. There's nothing to suggest the wall will imminently fall. He has to ensure the north isn't fighting, everyone is aware of what is happening and everyone is prepared for the whitewalkers just in case the wall does fall.

He needs to resolve the Karstark/Umber situation. Ensure the wildlings are intergrated within the north, maybe marrying into some northern houses. Ensure the wall is better manned. However, I'm not sure that having more men on the wall will help matters.

I'm expecting Cersei to try and kill him. Battle or assassin, who knows. She wants both Jon and Sansa dead, she will probably add Littlefinger to that list too.

Ok Mandzipop, gonna have to disagree with you. In the show Cersei does not want Jon Snow dead, he isn't even on her radar. As for Sansa Cersei definitely wants her dead.

Cersei will most likely make a stupid decision like sending the Lannister army north once she learns Jon has been declared King in the North. After what happened to Robb I doubt the northern lords are going to let their new liege go anywhere without some constantly armed protection or RSVP to any weddings in the near future.

49 minutes ago, Slaysman said:

Ok Mandzipop, gonna have to disagree with you. In the show Cersei does not want Jon Snow dead, he isn't even on her radar. As for Sansa Cersei definitely wants her dead.

Cersei will most likely make a stupid decision like sending the Lannister army north once she learns Jon has been declared King in the North. After what happened to Robb I doubt the northern lords are going to let their new liege go anywhere without some constantly armed protection or RSVP to any weddings in the near future.

She will want him dead. He's a threat. I'd expect them to at least have a conversation about it.

On 08/08/2016 at 5:21 AM, 1000th Lord Commander said:

Reinforcing the Wall

Claiming the Vale

Claiming the Riverlands

Why would he need to claim them? They have allied themselves to the North. Let's not forget the Vale lords wanted to fight for Rob Stark and the Riverlands is about to revert back to a shame faced Edmure who will most like be desperate to prove he was no cowered and ally once more with the north.

I feel like this is what will happen because Jon is so much like his surrogate father.  

Jon is going to set out on a campaign to unite the seven kingdoms to fight the WW even knowing everything that has transpired, that includes soliciting the Queen Mother herself.  The twist I think will be is that it is a success and as he has succeeded, at the moment Dany arrive looking for a fight and starts the war for what's her "birthright."  In turn this sours Jon's opinion of Dany.  People always talk of how it will play out and how all of these twists will happen but they always keep hoping that Jon and Dany end up together for some reason, but that's not a twist at all, remember things are supposed to end up bittersweet.  I think Jon and Dany will go to war because she screws things up when she arrives.  She has been built up in the story and to the watchers as a heroin, but in that, I think the character has lost her humility, where Jon has not.  And when characters have lost their humility they become vein, and I think that's not what she expects to see.  

Think about this for one second, the one thing she has been told is that Westerns can't figure out what it wants it's full of false kings and assholes but if the reality of the long night can be inspiring enough given the weight behind Jon's following to unite most of the seven kingdoms then what if Dany comes ashore to a Westerns united against a common evil is she still going to give up what she came for.  The answer is no she promised all her followers what they were leaving their homes for, and besides she's convinced she's the better ruler so why not go through with what she had come for, and besides she really doesn't know about the threat of the WW yet.  

What do Y'all think?

19 hours ago, a_motherf'ndragon said:

I feel like this is what will happen because Jon is so much like his surrogate father.  

Jon is going to set out on a campaign to unite the seven kingdoms to fight the WW even knowing everything that has transpired, that includes soliciting the Queen Mother herself.  The twist I think will be is that it is a success and as he has succeeded, at the moment Dany arrive looking for a fight and starts the war for what's her "birthright."  In turn this sours Jon's opinion of Dany.  People always talk of how it will play out and how all of these twists will happen but they always keep hoping that Jon and Dany end up together for some reason, but that's not a twist at all, remember things are supposed to end up bittersweet.  I think Jon and Dany will go to war because she screws things up when she arrives.  She has been built up in the story and to the watchers as a heroin, but in that, I think the character has lost her humility, where Jon has not.  And when characters have lost their humility they become vein, and I think that's not what she expects to see.  

Think about this for one second, the one thing she has been told is that Westerns can't figure out what it wants it's full of false kings and assholes but if the reality of the long night can be inspiring enough given the weight behind Jon's following to unite most of the seven kingdoms then what if Dany comes ashore to a Westerns united against a common evil is she still going to give up what she came for.  The answer is no she promised all her followers what they were leaving their homes for, and besides she's convinced she's the better ruler so why not go through with what she had come for, and besides she really doesn't know about the threat of the WW yet.  

What do Y'all think?

Well, it would be an interesting twist, yet one I don't think that could play out in the allotted amount of remaining episodes I am afraid. I can't see Cersie allying with the North against the White Walkers (Jamie maybe), and not only would Dany need to become the villain, but Tyrion, the Queen of thorns,  Yara, Vary's and Theon as well. The Plot hole here is Theon has to know about the White Walkers, having been in the North. One would think that there must be some discussion of it on the journey. It also leaves Euron in a big black hole, who does he ally with in your scenario?

In regards to Euron. I see him as a complete independent agent.  You bring up a good point about Jaimie being the one likely to ally with JS, I mean he's met Jon Snow before and knew him to be a good lad, green and stupid for wanting to go to the wall, but I think given their only encounter on the show, Jon's now insane reputation as a honorable and just dude, this could be a likely scenario as a lot of us are betting Jaimie goes insano on Cersei and kill her, although, I don't know if Jaimie would then become King or what at that point?  I just feel like we've watched Dany be built up so much to herself and to the audience that she will look like an ass when she gets to Westerns because she comes for a war at the wrong time.  

My problem with the whole everybody is special and meant for each other thing is it is just too cliche then.  Most of the story so far has busted clichés throughout, but I mean c'mon, if Dany comes to Westeros in the knick of time to meet up with Jon, they unite fall in love and go off to fight the WW, then it starts to stink of a Marvel Avengers flick and I do not think that is what either D & D or Big G want for the story.  What do I know though, maybe it is.  

Archived