Westeros Football League B

Whiskeyjack

People in this league - Whiskeyjack, Mexal, Jace, Hugorfonics, Dunknegg, Lord Hanna, Tywin, Manhole, Dbunting, Lord Lyman

This league is expanded roster and will have a snake draft.  Need to figure out the draft date.  Would like to have everyone present, but it's not critical in this league since autodraft isn't a disaster like it is in an auction.  Here are our options.

Monday August 22

Tuesday August 23

Wednesday August 24

Thursday August 25

Friday August 26

Saturday August 27

Sunday August 28

Monday August 29

Tuesday August 30

Wednesday August 31

Thursday September 1

Friday September 2

Saturday September 3

Sunday September 4

Monday September 5

Tuesday September 6

Wednesday September 7

Please respond in this thread with a list of the dates that you cannot draft.  

I guess the time of the draft is as important as the date. I am U.S. eastern time zone. Weekday drafts starting around 5pm or ending by 10 - 11pm would be ok for me, but I would auto draft any time or date to not hold up the process.

If I had a preference it would be the September weekend. Weeds out the training camp injuries and in an expanded roster league injuries after drafting could be devastating.

Do you do a random draw ahead of the draft to determine the drafting order?

Hey Whiskeyjack! The invite I got says I'm in Westeros Outlaw. Is that the same as Westeros League B? And it already shows a draft date of Wed, August 31st at 6:00pm Eastern. Is that just a holdover date? I'm cool with just about any date other than September 6th at 7:30, which is my money league's draft date. Weekdays after 6:30pm are best for me as I'm usually not home from work until about that time. Anytime on the weekends is fine. 

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Hey Whiskeyjack! The invite I got says I'm in Westeros Outlaw. Is that the same as Westeros League B? And it already shows a draft date of Wed, August 31st at 6:00pm Eastern. Is that just a holdover date? I'm cool with just about any date other than September 6th at 7:30, which is my money league's draft date. Weekdays after 6:30pm are best for me as I'm usually not home from work until about that time. Anytime on the weekends is fine. 

Hey Manhole.  That's actually for a different league, which is run by Howdyphillip.  This is the snake draft expanded roster league. 

If you PM me your email address, I'll go ahead and send you the invite.

23 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How long do expanded format drafts take? Just consider that we have both East coast and West coast players in this league, so maybe a Friday or Saturday is the way to go.

As for me, any time and date should work. 

Snake draft is usually just an hour.  Maybe a little longer, but not much.  We usually aim to set our drafts to start in the 8:30 or 9 p.m. eastern time range, to make sure they work for everyone.

Auctions are a lot longer.  Something like 3+ hours.

25 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Snake draft is usually just an hour.  Maybe a little longer, but not much.  We usually aim to set our drafts to start in the 8:30 or 9 p.m. eastern time range, to make sure they work for everyone.

Auctions are a lot longer.  Something like 3+ hours.

Thanks. I expected it to be a lot longer with the extended format, but then again I've never done an all online draft. 

Haven't heard from a ton of people on the draft date here.  But since it's a snake draft, I think that's okay.

I agree with dbunting that a late draft date is ideal, but I think we're probably okay as long as we make it after the 3rd preseason game.  After ruling out other dates that have conflicts, I think the best options are Monday, August 29th or Wednesday, September 7th. 

So I'm going to set this one for Monday, August 29th at 8:30 p.m. central time. 

If that doesn't work for anybody, let me know as soon as you can. 

4 minutes ago, Whiskeyjack said:

Haven't heard from a ton of people on the draft date here.  But since it's a snake draft, I think that's okay.

I agree with dbunting that a late draft date is ideal, but I think we're probably okay as long as we make it after the 3rd preseason game.  After ruling out other dates that have conflicts, I think the best options are Monday, August 29th or Wednesday, September 7th. 

So I'm going to set this one for Monday, August 29th at 8:30 p.m. central time. 

If that doesn't work for anybody, let me know as soon as you can. 

That looks good to me. I sent you a PM, but I haven't received an invite yet. Let me know if you didn't get my PM. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

@Whiskeyjack

You need to send Jace an invite. We only have 9 teams. We need The Ponies! 

Yeah....I sent her something like 5 invites, but they wouldn't go through until I deleted her team and re-sent it again (to the same address).  No clue what happened.

Unfortunately, when she went to accept, she was already at 8 leagues on her account, which is the maximum for Yahoo.  I'm waiting to hear back from her on if she wants to use a different email address for this league, or if I should invite somebody else to fill the spot.  Problem is, we're running out of time with the draft on Monday.  So guess I need an answer to that.

Archived