Westeros Football League B

Whiskeyjack

52 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Lol at both that insane amount of effort and at @Pony Queen Jace's number of leagues. DO you do anything else besides play FF from Sept through Jan? 

Dude, I have a made-up job and my boss adores me. I've actually been trying to cut back this year.

On 8/26/2016 at 5:21 PM, Pony Queen Jace said:

Dude, I have a made-up job and my boss adores me. I've actually been trying to cut back this year.

Jeez. What's the highest number of leagues you've played in a single year? Also, what do you do at the hospital? (I also work at one). 

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Jeez. What's the highest number of leagues you've played in a single year? Also, what do you do at the hospital? (I also work at one). 

I think I was in like 15 last year. Anyways my official title is 'administrative assistant' these days. I'm an RN, but I don't really interact with patients too much anymore. I couldn't work much last year 'cause of my surgeries but they wanted to keep me on payroll with something that would have me running around less while I go back to school. 

So now I live in a freezer and count cases of ringers lactate or hop on down to the nurses desk and lend a hand with whatever. It's literally a made up job. I'm sure you know that the med chests inventory themselves and going into my closet to get something is like passing through the trials of the last crusade.

What do you do?

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I think I was in like 15 last year. Anyways my official title is 'administrative assistant' these days. I'm an RN, but I don't really interact with patients too much anymore. I couldn't work much last year 'cause of my surgeries but they wanted to keep me on payroll with something that would have me running around less while I go back to school. 

So now I live in a freezer and count cases of ringers lactate or hop on down to the nurses desk and lend a hand with whatever. It's literally a made up job. I'm sure you know that the med chests inventory themselves and going into my closet to get something is like passing through the trials of the last crusade.

What do you do?

15 sounds rather excessive, but to each their own I guess. And I suspected you were a nurse, but I didn't want to be presumptive. Also, sorry to hear about your surgeries. Did you get an awesomeness reduction? :P

I work on the business side with a generic job title. Nothing flashy, but it pays well. I'm hoping to transfer to the psychology clinic though so I can work in a field that I have a lot of background in, but we shall see. 

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

15 sounds rather excessive, but to each their own I guess. And I suspected you were a nurse, but I didn't want to be presumptive. Also, sorry to hear about your surgeries. Did you get an awesomeness reduction? :P

I work on the business side with a generic job title. Nothing flashy, but it pays well. I'm hoping to transfer to the psychology clinic though so I can work in a field that I have a lot of background in, but we shall see. 

Well my arm basically fell off. It turns out that since high school in the place most people have cartilage and some silly thing called a rotator cuff, my body had pure dope-ass-bitch instead. It worked pretty well in my 20's but damn near the day I turned 30 it all wore off at once. So I spent most of last year on the table or in physical therapy.

I can see you working over in psych. I've always had a deep rooted fear of those people. :P

Thought that went pretty well.

QB - P.Rivers, B.Bortles (J.Cutler, T.Siemian)
RB - L.Miller, J.Hill, M.Jones (D.Henry, C.Michael, T.West, A.Morris, D.Booker)
WR - A.Robinson, J.Nelson, D.Moncrief, J.Matthews (C.Coleman, T.Sharpe)
TE - G.Barnidge (T.Eifert)
K - C.Santos
DEF - Green Bay

Feel good at QB.  There isn't a lot of separation between 6 and 17 or so, but still happy to have 2 guys I have in the top 10.  Stacked at WR as long as Jordy can stay healthy.  Good at RB1 and don't mind Hill either.  Also like my depth. 

Main issue is RB3 - don't have much confidence in Matt Jones, and didn't really get another true starter to back him up.  Will be hoping one of my lottery tickets can take hold of a solid role sooner rather than later.  Or I might have to look for a trade.

I like my starters, but not my bench so much...

QB-C. Newton, J. Winston (D. Prescott, J. Flacco, and P. Lynch)

RB-L. McCoy, T. Rawls, L. Blount (D. Lewis, J. Howard, C. Artis-Payne)

WR-A. Brown, J. Brown, K. Benjamin, E. Sanders (M. Sanu, S. Smith Sr, L. Treadwell, D. Amendola)

TE-G. Olsen

K-C. Cantanzaro

Def-KC

Real thin at back up for RBs. Everything else looks okay, methinks.

QB - Roethlisberger, Stafford (Fitzpatrick, RG3)
RB - D. Johnson, J. Langford, D. Williams (T. Coleman, D. Washington, C. Johnson)
WR - A. Jeffery, T. Hilton, R. Cobb, M. Jones (D. Jackson, J. Gordon, W. Snead, T. Ginn)
TE - D. Allen (V. Green)
K - Vinatieri
DEF - Cincinnati

Like my team quite a bit. QB should be fine. RB1, RB2 should be fine with RB3 good for a few games anyway. WR is very solid with quite a bit of depth. Not bad.

Well, I am not a fan of drafting on line. Was my first time and I spent the hour before the draft setting my preferences so I could auto draft and it wouldn't let me save them because it was too close to draft time!! So drafted live until 10:30 (I wake up around 5:00 am) and let yahoo take over. The damn thing never got me another QB until BRIAN HOYER??  To make things worse, I accidentally drafted Mariota. I was looking down the screen to see where a player was and somehow picked Mariota!!!!! I was taking Andy Dalton and missed him. Oh well, live and learn.

QB - Luck and Mariota and oh dear god help me

RB - Gurley, Bell, Benard with Yeldon until Bell is back, my strongest group

WR - Cooper, Thomas, Floyd and Parker not a flashy group but stable

TE - Kelce and Witten

DEF Denver  - Rams

Kicker - Haschka...and Barth

The stupid auto draft got me a second k and 2nd def but only Hoyer as back up QB! That's what I get for not staying up to pick the bench.

Very happy with my draft, but I'm still shaking my fists at @Manhole Eunuchsbane for starting that ungodly early run on QBs. 

QB - Palmer, Dalton (A. Smith, Gabbert)

RB - Martin, Lacy, Stewart (Gore, Abdullah)

WR - Hopkins, Bryant, Diggs, V. Jackson (T. Smith, Garcon)

TE - Reed (Graham, Ebron*)

DEF - Arizona (Jets)

K - Gano (Boswell)

*Autodrafted in the second to last round. Kind of a waste, but w/e.

Draft Grade: A

On 8/24/2016 at 9:44 AM, Jaime L said:

Gotta win the league first, Tywin. My understanding is that's a virtual murderer's row of contenders in that league. What makes you think you're coming out on top? 

This?:

Draft Summary

This draft by Straight Cash Homies was like a finely tuned Peyton Manning-led offense, with all the pieces falling into place. Just like Peyton's offense, Straight Cash Homies is expected to score a lot of points this season and finish first in Westeros Football League B League at 13-0-0 (2,270 points). With six WRs on the roster, Straight Cash Homies has both quality and quantity at that spot; their WRs are projected to average 139 points this season, more than the league average of 126. They also have one of the best groups of RBs in the league, as they added Doug Martin, Eddie Lacy, Jonathan Stewart, and Frank Gore

11 hours ago, Whiskeyjack said:

WR - J.Matthews

J-Matt called, he talked to his landlord and now it sounds like he can get out of his lease two months early so go ahead and make copies of all your keys now. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Draft Grade: A

This?:

Damn son, been awhile since I've seen someone with a 13-0 projection coming off a draft. Nicely done. Really, I think your only concern is getting compared to a Peyton Manning offense by Yahoo which is the kiss of death come playoff time. :P

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Damn son, been awhile since I've seen someone with a 13-0 projection coming off a draft. Nicely done. Really, I think your only concern is getting compared to a Peyton Manning offense by Yahoo which is the kiss of death come playoff time. :P

Haha I didn't think about now. Thanks for the jinx Jaime....

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Very happy with my draft, but I'm still shaking my fists at @Manhole Eunuchsbane for starting that ungodly early run on QBs. 

In my defense this is the first 2 QB draft I've ever done. Over the last couple of days I was pouring over draft strategy guides for 2 QB leagues, and every last one of them insisted on drafting a QB no later than the third round, so I complied. :P 

Pouring over draft strategy guides just makes for messy draft strategy guides.
Next time, I suggest poring over them.

And also, while unrelated, WTF kinda name is Straight Cash Homies for a Westeros league, btw?  Westeros league teams get Westeros-based place names.

*resumes seat on folding chair to best keep strays from traipsing on his lawn*

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

In my defense this is the first 2 QB draft I've ever done. Over the last couple of days I was pouring over draft strategy guides for 2 QB leagues, and every last one of them insisted on drafting a QB no later than the third round, so I complied. :P 

That just seems super counter-intuitive to me, but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

44 minutes ago, Bronn Stone said:

And also, while unrelated, WTF kinda name is Straight Cash Homies for a Westeros league, btw?  Westeros league teams get Westeros-based place names.

It's a terrible name I picked like 6 years ago, and now has just become a running joke in my main league. I was going to pick a name more in line with everyone else, but I couldn't come up with anything funny enough. And it's not like I'm the only one without a Westeros themed name. 

Archived