Westeros Football League C

Whiskeyjack

6 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Fantasy Pros graded me out as the second best draft a bit behind Jamie.  Man he got some value iirc.

Going to need some qb bounce back from rg3 or rt17 tho..

Wow really? I'll take it. 

QB - D. Brees, K. Cousins (T. Taylor)

RB - David Johnson, C. Ivory, L. Blount (DeAngelo Williams, G. Bernard, I. Crowell, Duke Johnson, Chris Johnson) 

WR - A. Jeffery, K. Allen, S. Watkins, D. Moncrief (T. Austin, S. Diggs, K. White, W. Snead)

TE - T. Eifert (T. Kelce)

Except for David Johnson, none of these were guys I was targeting but was trying to let values dictate. Looking forward to seeing how this team does. I do imagine my Experts draft will end up quite different. 

I tried a different strat this year and went big on RB.  In hindsight, I wish I saved up some cash for Qbs, which were going for hugely discounted rates.  I was fortunate that I had enough to barely get Rivers at the end.  Also could have used some extra money to get some better WR/TE.

QB - R. Wilson, P. Rivers, (T. Bridgewater)

RB - J. Charles, E. Elliot, L. McCoy (bunch of shmucks)

WR - J. Nelson, J. Maclin, WR3, WR4 (several warm bodies)

TE - J. Thomas

DEF - KC

I've got a couple big players coming off injuries, J. Charles and J. Nelson, and I bet big on an unproven Dallas rookie RB, so not sure how this team will end up doing.  No depth at all this year, and really weak at WR after my WR1 and WR2.

The whole QB situation really surprised me.  I suppose it was different than the drafts the last two years because with some auto drafting going on, there was less pressure to land three starters per team.  I was planning on bottom feeding 4 cheap QBs anyway, but paid too much early.

Still, I think I like my lineup:

QB:  Winston, Osweiler (w Tannehill and RG3)- And Bradford for now.

WR:  Mike Evans, Demarius Thomas, Marvin Jones, Tyler Lockett (Josh Gordon, Bruce Ellington, accidentally Kenny Stills) 

Missed out on the top 5 guys, but expect Evans and Thomas to be both around top 10, and am high on Jones and Lockett. Gordon's a high variance play, but I have room to take a shot. I put Kenny Stills and about 7 other guys I probably liked better in the queue as I was running out of money just because Stills and Tannehill had been connecting better in preseason than last year.  Looked better than Parker last night against ATL.  Didn't realize I was on the clock when his was top of the queue so maybe God looks out for drunks.Not crazy to think he could be Miami's #2 this year.)

RB:  Lamar Miller, DeMarco Murray, Ryan Matthews (Arian Foster, Charles Sims)

I like Miller as much as any other RB.  I think the top 6 guys all went for around $40, so not much extra value there, but decent.  Murray and Matthews are solid #2s IMO and if Foster isn't retired by the bye weeks, that'll be nice.

TE: Delanie Walker

DST: Carolina

K: Catanzaro

Made an offer to Jesse about upgrading from McCown and Hoyer, pulled it back because I don't like to leave open offers in case someone gets hurt.  But certainly willing to talk more if you're not going to just write off the season.

Pretty happy with that draft.

QB: Cam Newton, Eli Manning
Newton should be a lock for another big season, and he's got a lot of weapons between Benjamin, Funchess, and Olsen.  Plus, he's a goal line monster.  Eli is a generally reliable top ten fantasy QB, and he has one of the best receivers in the game to throw to.  Didn't get a third stringer, but I've got some trade ammo if/when I need one later.

WR: Brandon Marshall, Kelvin Benjamin, Larry Fitzgerald, Julian Edelman (Terrelle Pryor, John Brown, Devin Funchess, Laquon Treadwell)
Got a pretty solid starting receiving corps.  Took a flyer on Pryor, as he's looked good in the preseason and is a legit downfield threat for RGIII.  Also went ahead and grabbed Funchess as insurance if Benjamin gets hurt again, and because he has the talent to be a good receiver right out of the gate.  Treadwell probably won't amount to much, but can't hurt to take a shot on rookies late in the draft.

RB: Le'Veon Bell, Thomas Rawls, Matt Jones (Jeremy Langford, Jordan Howard, TJ Yeldon, James White, Charcandrick West)
Won't have Bell for the first three games, but Rawls, Jones, and Langford should be able to hold the fort down in that time.  Also got Langford's handcuff just in case.  Dunno if Yeldon will do anything this year or not, but he's basically a late-round starting RB so whatever.  And I grabbed West in case Charles gets hurt again.

TE: Gary Barnidge (Jimmy Graham)
Hopefully Barnidge can stay healthy and be in line for a big year, because I don't trust Graham at all.

DST: Houston

K: Graham Gano

Still don't know why I draft more than 1 TE every year, but who knows. Dealt Carr + Stewart for Fitzpatrick/Booker/Sanu so we'll see how that shakes out. Dropped Buck Allen(Yahoo says stay away from Ravens ground game). Swapped out PIT for BUF. Overall, pretty comfortable heading into the season.

QB: Roethlisberger, Bortles (Fitzpatrick)

WR: Beckham Jr, Decker, Sanders, Crabtree (Hurns, Shepard, T.Williams, Sanu)

RB: Anderson, Gore, Forsett (McKinnon, Booker)

TE: Reed (Clay, Brate)

K: Hauschka

DEF: Arizona, Pittsburgh

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/19/2016 at 11:24 PM, Lord Lyman said:

If it makes you feel better. I lost last week in Westeros B, 172-157

Well I just lost week 3 by .2 pts.  Needed freeman to get to the end zone for the PAT.  Put up 170 pts and fall to 1 and 2 having been second in points the last two weeks.  Congrats to Steve and the Hounds.

At least I won all my match ups in my money leagues this week.

12 hours ago, mcbigski said:

Well I just lost week 3 by .2 pts.  Needed freeman to get to the end zone for the PAT.  Put up 170 pts and fall to 1 and 2 having been second in points the last two weeks.  Congrats to Steve and the Hounds.

At least I won all my match ups in my money leagues this week.

Thanks man.  That game was insane.  Was on the edge of my seat, and thought I was going to lose when Freeman broke that last run. 

• 3 weeks later...

Crazy week of trade talks so far.... I think I have finally settled some of my 
RB issues with Devonte Freeman for TY Hilton... Hilton has really been keeping me afloat in this league, but I'm desperate at the RB position. 

Wish I could have got something done with WJ this week as well, but we just have too similar issues this year and couldn't find a deal that worked for both of us. 

I'm still not a huge fan of the format of this league as there are just too many slots per team. The waiver wire is as cold and barren as the moon. I can not tell you how many times, I have researched people that I have come across that might have potential to play later down the line, and find they have been stashed away on someone else's bench. The draft really is king here.

Bitching aside, I am still having fun. I'm really glad to be a guest here. It's nice playing with you guys.

• 1 month later...
On 8/25/2016 at 9:57 AM, mcbigski said:

Fantasy Pros graded me out as the second best draft a bit behind Jamie.  Man he got some value iirc.

Going to need some qb bounce back from rg3 or rt17 tho..

And here Jaime and I are playing a showdown in week 13 for first place overall.  He's got my number this week, with Murray and Walker on byes though. 

I don't think I'm actually quite second best though.

On 11/30/2016 at 7:57 AM, mcbigski said:

And here Jaime and I are playing a showdown in week 13 for first place overall.  He's got my number this week, with Murray and Walker on byes though. 

I don't think I'm actually quite second best though.

Good prediction. Though our battle for the #1 seed turned into a real dud. Both our teams were bad this week, though mine was a little less bad.

Strange league. Looks like we'll finish with 4 8-5 teams though Bronn's big performance this week will get him the 2nd bye.  

I had fantasy duds across the board.  Got pushed out of the regular season money in my most expensive league, missed the playoffs by a game in another, and will probably go into the Sacko bracket in a third unless Moncreif and Bilal Powell combine for 30 pts or so (PPR at least).

In my three money leagues, I'm 2nd, 3rd, and 3rd in Points Against.  Need to work on my strategy or bribe the schedule maker.  But at least in this league, you guys have gone easiest on me overall.

Archived