Westeros Football League D

Whiskeyjack

People in this league - Whiskeyjack, Fuentez, JJ Lannister, Week, Dracarys, Lord Hanna, Briantw, Pyroclastic Flow, Ded as Ned, Jaxom

This league is expanded roster and will have a snake draft.  Need to figure out the draft date.  Would like to have everyone present, but it's not critical in this league since autodraft isn't a disaster like it is in an auction.  Here are our options.

Monday August 22

Tuesday August 23

Wednesday August 24

Thursday August 25

Friday August 26

Saturday August 27

Sunday August 28

Monday August 29

Tuesday August 30

Wednesday August 31

Thursday September 1

Friday September 2

Saturday September 3

Sunday September 4

Monday September 5

Tuesday September 6

Wednesday September 7

Please respond in this thread with a list of the dates that you cannot draft.  

Updated options.

Tuesday August 30

Wednesday August 31

Saturday September 3

Sunday September 4

Tuesday September 6

Hopefully one of those work, but if not, I'm not as worried about it since its a snake draft league.  Still need to hear from Fuentez, JJ Lannister, Lord Hanna, Briantw, and whoever takes the last 2 spots in the league.

I'm signed up... I count 10 now.  Anyways, this is my first time with expanded roster... and the $100 waiver budget.  How do waivers work with the budget thing?  Sorry I'm still kinda new (3rd year, but 1st under these rules).  

And not a big deal if I end up getting bumped

• 3 weeks later...

That was fun.  I like this team a good amount. 

QB - T.Brady, B.Bortles (D.Prescott, J.Flacco, C.Wentz)
RB - D.Johnson, L.McCoy, D.Williams (C.Michael, A.Abdullah, T.West, R.Kelley)
WR - K.Allen, D.Moncrief, R.Cobb, M.Jones (M.Thomas, R.Matthews)
TE - J.Cook (T.Eifert)
K - M.Crosby
DEF - Kansas City

Feel like I did a lot of mixing and matching, by taking guys like Brady and Eifert who will miss the first few weeks, but also Prescott and Deangelo who will be strong early in the season.  Overall, extremely happy with my QB situation of Brady/Prescott + Bortles.  Think my top 2 RB are also really strong, and hoping to patch together a viable RB3 out of the rest.  The plan there is for Williams to start things off, and hopefully for somebody to emerge by week 4 (or to fill the spot with a pickup or trade by then).  Also like my WR a lot - didn't get a top 6 stud, but I'm pretty high on Allen as a back end WR1, have both Cobb and Moncrief as WR2, and like Jones as a WR3. 

Main weakness is TE, where I missed out on a run that I thought was too early.  But I can hopefully live with Cook until Eifert is back. 

Don't feel like I'm really desperate to fix anything on this team, but if any of the autodrafters wants a good QB3, I'd be willing to trade Flacco. 

Here's the Qarth Warlocks:

QB - Russell Wilson, Kirk Cousins (Ryan Fitzpatrick)
RB - Devonta Freeman, Melvin Gordon, Chris Ivory (Isaiah Crowell, Tevin Coleman, Jay Ajayi, Dion Lewis, Kenneth Dixon)
WR - DeAndre Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Jarvis Landry, John Brown (Josh Gordon, Kevin White, Tyler Boyd, Josh Doctson)
TE - Jason Witten
K - Matt Prater
DEF - Jets

I feel pretty good about that draft.  Yahoo projects me to be number one at 11-2-0, so there's that.  I also think that I have possibly the best starting receivers in the league, as well as three lottery tickets on my bench at WR as well.  If I hit on at least one, I've got both depth and trade bait to improve my RBs.  I was really surprised that Freeman was still available at 28.  No idea how he fell that far, but I'll take it.  Got his back-up too so I should be good there.  My other RBs are less than impressive, although I stashed Dion Lewis on my bench and I think Dixon might be the lead back in Baltimore in a month or so.  Still, the way the draft fell I just couldn't justify taking certain available RBs over the WRs or QBs that were on the board.  

Archived