Westeros Football League D

Whiskeyjack

Weird to see an expanded rosters ten team snake draft.  Long time since I've seen one of those hereabouts.  Interesting results.  I assume Autodraft still suffered at QB but did a better job than it does at auction, where it tends to get four or five stars and twenty washed up scrubs.

Autodraft gave me Brian Hoyer at QB3, 2 K, 2 DEF, and Karlos Williams. Turned out pretty OK other than QB3 and RB depth:

QB: Rodgers, Stafford (Lynch)
WR: AJ Green, Alshon Jeffery, Doug Baldwin, Maclin (VJax, Sanu, Wheaton, Perriman, LaFell)
RB: CJA, Gore, Jennings (Hightower, Turbin)
TE: Kelce (Bennett)
K: Gano
DEF: LA (Cin)

8 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

Weird to see an expanded rosters ten team snake draft.  Long time since I've seen one of those hereabouts.  Interesting results.  I assume Autodraft still suffered at QB but did a better job than it does at auction, where it tends to get four or five stars and twenty washed up scrubs.

I think we've actually had a expanded roster snake draft every year.  Westeros B has always been one, and we had other leagues before that.

The main difference is that there's less variance in teams.  You can't nail it and have an amazing team out of the draft, but you also really can't mess it up.  At least, not on paper at the start of the season.  There are some teams that look better than others, but the spread of outcomes based on pre-season evaluations isn't as wide.

And the primary disadvantage for autodrafted teams is depth.  They do okay for the starting lineup, especially now that Yahoo updates it's rankings every couple of days.  But they suffer a bit once you hit round 11, since they are busy drafting kickers and defenses while other people get their sleepers.  Same with the end of the draft, where they take guys like Brian Hoyer instead of RB/WR lottery tickets.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Good luck this week JJ. Looking at our matchup - I'm mainly concerned about your Big Ben/Brown and Blount/NE Defense (Denver is terrible against the run and has a bad offense) stacks in pretty good matchups.

Not sure whether to throw Green and Alshon into the fire after time off - we'll see what the news looks like this week. My team is not great and is spectacularly so without those two in the lineup.

Archived