Makeup VI : SPFantastic

kairparavel

From the old thread:

@Angalin Asked :Has anyone tried Bite Beauty lipsticks, out of Toronto? I heard good things about their Amuse Bouche lipsticks.

I have the Kimchi colour and it's outrageous and I love it. It's exclusive to Sephora I think. I found it creamy enough and didn't bleed (thankfully) but I layer moisturizing lip balm on first so that might be why. The colour didn't make it past dinner but again, could be lip balm related.

19 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

For god's sake somebody please talk me out of buying frosted lime green lipstick.

Nope. I'm eyeing up Bite Beauty's Kale (dark hunter green with black) while trying to remember that I'm on a job hunt.

On 8/9/2016 at 7:31 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

For god's sake somebody please talk me out of buying frosted lime green lipstick.

Can't do it.  I'm doing my makeup like it's 1986.  I have no idea why.  Lots of frost...lots of eye makeup...lots of big hair.

I haven't started spraying my bangs at a 90 degree angle yet, but it's coming.

4 hours ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

You people are my best friends/worst enemies.

We try.  :P 

On another topic. . . for those of you who use brushes to apply your foundation, shadow, etc., how often do you wash your brushes?  Every use?  Every other day?  Once a week?  Never?   It's kind of a pain to have to wash them, but I think they probably **should** be cleaned periodically.  I'm just not sure how often is recommended. 

I am grossed out to admit that I clean mine maybe once a month.

But most days I don't use them...I'm more of a finger paint person, which is probably even more gross. :D

I am loving Maybelline's Gone Greige lipstick color.  It's got this 90's vibe that I'm into right now.  It's not matte, and it's almost a little punk looking.  It's super cool.

On 8/12/2016 at 1:52 PM, Tears of Lys said:

We try.  :P 

On another topic. . . for those of you who use brushes to apply your foundation, shadow, etc., how often do you wash your brushes?  Every use?  Every other day?  Once a week?  Never?   It's kind of a pain to have to wash them, but I think they probably **should** be cleaned periodically.  I'm just not sure how often is recommended. 

The shadow brush gets an energic swipe in the towel every time I change color, and gets washed once in a blue moon...

I am resisting the need to buy a foundation brush for some time.

I've been gifted two Lancome compact powders. The first one I used was the Color Ideal Poudre, which came with a sponge to apply it. It has an amazing natural finish and I'm very sad I almost finish it. The other one is an illuminating powder, Cherubin something, that has two colors to mix. I realized the sponge is of no use for this powder, and I need a brush to apply it. After some shopping research I realized that my expectations in finding a cheap foundation brush are unrealistic based in the fact that I have no idea what I'm realy looking for and the sellers of said shops have less idea of the products they're offering. FFS one of those brushes looked like a painting brush (and I was 95% positive it was; maybe it was still wonderful to apply certain kind of make up, but idk)

I've toyed with the idea of going to Michael's craft stores and using their ubiquitous 40/50% off coupons to purchase art brushes to use with makeup.  I have a feeling I could get some good ones that way for less.  Maybe.  Art brushes come in a wide range of bristle types and styles, much more so than makeup brushes. 

8 hours ago, Silverstar said:

I find these things fantastic for applying foundation and concealer. I can never get them to blend properly with a brush. 

I have one of those round, pink egg things too, and when I wear foundation I use it.  It does a great job.

22 hours ago, Tears of Lys said:

I've toyed with the idea of going to Michael's craft stores and using their ubiquitous 40/50% off coupons to purchase art brushes to use with makeup.  I have a feeling I could get some good ones that way for less.  Maybe.  Art brushes come in a wide range of bristle types and styles, much more so than makeup brushes. 

Lol, so it wasn't so farfetched! Mmh... if you buy something useful, post a picture. Maybe I can get any idea for the brush I'm looking for.

4 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

learned the hard way not to constantly use waterproof mascara, i'm a bloody idiot. IT WON'T COME OFF

I used to use waterproof no matter what (oily skin ruins make up fast), until I tried Rimmel Lash Accelerator. It lasted the right ammount of time (of course after half a day it would smear) and the joy of washing it off easily in the shower tempted me into leaving waterproof mascaras aside. The factor that sealed the trade was that biphasic make up removal lotions are damn difficult to find here depending the season. As you say, some waterproof mascaras are damn difficult to remove -.-

Lisa Eldridge has two videos on brushes (the later is an updated version of the first).  Even if you don't go for the brands she mentions, they are useful for seeing the sizes and shapes of the brushes and what she recommends them for.  She does suggest going to an art supply store to get cheap paintbrushes for certain things.

http://www.lisaeldridge.com/video/3007/my-favourite-brushes/#.V7KaS4-cGcw

10 hours ago, Baltan said:

Lol, so it wasn't so farfetched! Mmh... if you buy something useful, post a picture. Maybe I can get any idea for the brush I'm looking for.

I used to use waterproof no matter what (oily skin ruins make up fast), until I tried Rimmel Lash Accelerator. It lasted the right ammount of time (of course after half a day it would smear) and the joy of washing it off easily in the shower tempted me into leaving waterproof mascaras aside. The factor that sealed the trade was that biphasic make up removal lotions are damn difficult to find here depending the season. As you say, some waterproof mascaras are damn difficult to remove -.-

I will have to check this mascara out, thank you!! 

On 12/08/2016 at 7:40 PM, Elder Sister said:

I am grossed out to admit that I clean mine maybe once a month.

But most days I don't use them...I'm more of a finger paint person, which is probably even more gross. :D

Me too! For proper foundation (when I want full coverage) I use a brush. For tinted moisturiser/BB cream/wevs (when I only need light/partial coverage) I use my fingers.

Archived