Makeup VI : SPFantastic

kairparavel

9 minutes ago, kairparavel said:

Indeed! Though this switch in my routine has allowed me second day hair on the weekends with dry shampoo if I'm feeling less gross than usual. 

I really must try dry shampoo! But it's such a staunch part of my routine showering every day it's hard to kick the habit even when I really don't need to - I have a friend that showers like twice a week! Washes her hair once a week! And she looks great?? HOW! 

Btw I never use conditioner do you find your hair is better using it?? 

I'm trying to get into more beauty products this year and look after myself better 

Conditioner is a must because of tangles. When my hair was short, I didn't need it. The problem with needing to washi hair every comes when I want to swim on my lunch hour. I really can't go to work with unwashed hair, but even though I wear a swim cap I still have to wash my hair after the pool. I don't want to wash and dry twice in a day. May try dry shampoo on mornings that I plan to swim and see what happens. 

I have been a wash and condition and blow-dry nearly every day kinda gal since I was a pre-teen. Er, a very long time. As some people love having every lipstick, or mascara or eye shadow under the sun, I have been that way with hair products (and eye liner at one point! ).

To break the daily habit there's dry shampoo and hair powder and conditioning wash. These are good but not great for thin or fine hair. And because I've been in my routine for decades my scalp has adjusted accordingly. When I'm on vacation in July I will attempt to wash my hair every other day and see how that goes. I suspect greasily. But yes, I condition every time to save my ends from splitting and knotting. I don't cut my hair as often as I should. 

Oh! And dear readers of this thread, I'm debating colouring my hair a rose gold this summer, though I like the silver that Leigh Bardugo rocks as well. It would be pretty radical for me, but we can call it a midlife crisis. Heh. What do you think?  Advice?

See I always have short hair - I shaved it all off again a few months back and it's at pixie cut length now so no worries about tangles but lately I've realised I'm 23 and I want to keep my skin and hair and body looking and being healthy and good so I'm trying to gouge what other people's routines are so thanks for that. 

Also rose gold is a lovely colour.

16 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Oh! And dear readers of this thread, I'm debating colouring my hair a rose gold this summer, though I like the silver that Leigh Bardo rocks as well. It would be pretty radical for me, but we can call it a midlife crisis. Heh. What do you think?  Advice?

Do it! As soon as I get some grey hairs I'm going silver. :)

Currently I'm chocolate brown but I may return to my natural colour in the summer then grow my hair in the winter. Kind of bored of having short hair now even though it's so convenient, especially for hot yoga. 

23 hours ago, kairparavel said:

Oh! And dear readers of this thread, I'm debating colouring my hair a rose gold this summer, though I like the silver that Leigh Bardugo rocks as well. It would be pretty radical for me, but we can call it a midlife crisis. Heh. What do you think?  Advice?

Go for it. 

On 5/12/2017 at 9:50 AM, kairparavel said:

I say do it but bring a picture of what you mean by rose gold because a lot of my friends are stylists and post radically different colors on Facebook calling them rose gold (and of course none of these colors look like actual rose gold).

On 5/12/2017 at 9:50 AM, kairparavel said:

I think, if you get someone who knows what they're doing, it could be fantastic.  But yeah, I echo Kay - take a photo so they know what you're talking about.  I love rose gold anything.

I actually mix my own color.  I take two different colors and mix them to come up with the shade I like.  I've been doing this for several years now, and am constantly on the lookout for these two colors.  When I find them, I wipe out the pharmacy or wherever I am.  

• 4 weeks later...

@Isis A couple of palettes came to mind. First one is this: http://www.sephora.com/make-believe-in-yourself-eye-cheek-palette-P417906?skuId=1931377&icid2=products grid:p417906

Second one is this one (it's been discontinued but you can still find it at retailers): http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_123016013799_-1

So after decades of completely ignoring my face, in the last six weeks I have gotten seriously into skin care. I'm not even sure how! 

I also bought my first powder compact, and am really liking it so far. I don't wear make up as a general rule, but this seems light, non irritating and softens some blemishes. Diffused light, by hourglass.

Speak to me of powders, blushes etc of wise people of the Board.

On 5/16/2017 at 10:06 AM, Kelli Fury said:

I say do it but bring a picture of what you mean by rose gold because a lot of my friends are stylists and post radically different colors on Facebook calling them rose gold (and of course none of these colors look like actual rose gold).

This!!! I have had a rose gold stripe left in my platinum hair as a leftover from purple / hot cherry previous incarnates.  I love it.  The Ash Blonde is fun, but the rose balances my coloring.  Oddly, the rose alone makes me look green and the ash makes me look red.  You may need a little balancing foundation for it depending on your skin tone.  DO IT.  

Edit:  I've been a redhead as long as everyone here has known me (20+ years) the incognito factor is amazing.

On 2017-06-11 at 0:08 AM, Deedles said:

Speak to me of powders, blushes etc of wise people of the Board.

I have the same issue, since foundation generally just doesn't agree with my skin at all, so I use powders mostly, but it's really difficult to find something that doesn't look too heavy/pancake and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.

Also: red lipstick yay or nay? I've NEVER owned one, but am thinking of it. The times I've tried it, I think it makes my face look overloaded, but perhaps this is just cos I don't use it? Bubblegum pink as a compromise instead perhaps?

I love a really nice rose pink lipstick. I don't even own one at the moment, which is wrong, frankly.

Oh, I just got an email about that UD palette. It's got shades called 'sauced' and 'en fuego'. :wub: I don't need it but I love it.

Archived