Makeup VI : SPFantastic

kairparavel

Am I the only one getting sucked in by the ads on Facebook?  So far, I have bought the Wander on the glow stick - in two colors.  I love this thing.

I also picked up the selfie powder by Wonder.  I have no idea why these two companies are so closely named, but they're both very good.  The selfie powder does away with shine and looks awesome.  

Every time I use my Naked Smoky palette now (every other day or something) I look at it with big sad eyes before I close it. I'm not sure if I really need to buy a 'spare' at this point though as I still have lots of mileage in the one I have. Do I? Someone tell me how to live my life. :(

On 8/31/2017 at 4:43 AM, Isis said:

Every time I use my Naked Smoky palette now (every other day or something) I look at it with big sad eyes before I close it. I'm not sure if I really need to buy a 'spare' at this point though as I still have lots of mileage in the one I have. Do I? Someone tell me how to live my life. :(

If you use it a lot I would. If my Too Faced Sweet Peach was being discontinued I'd order at least one more

On 9/6/2017 at 8:21 PM, kairparavel said:

Anyone use Glossier products? I'm mesmerized by the Instagram ads for their Cloud Paint blush. 

Oh, my gosh - me too.  I cannot stop watching their ads on Facebook.  Never mind that the models are all of 17, and have perfect skin and cheekbones.  I have forced myself not to buy anything.  FB has figured out that I have a beauty aid problem.  I'm trying to show them that I am disciplined and their stupid ads aren't going to work on me anymore.

Urban Decay brought back (or debuted) a bunch of lipstick colors recently. Anyone who misses Asphyxia, you're in luck! I bought a really awesome metallic orange called Wildfire, and an absurd black lipstick with red sparkles called Voodoo. I'm going to give the latter to my friend who loves black lipsticks -- it's a nifty color but I am never, ever going to wear it (I basically bought it to try on, and then gift to one of the goths in my life). 

On 9/10/2017 at 2:37 PM, Xray the Enforcer said:

Urban Decay brought back (or debuted) a bunch of lipstick colors recently. Anyone who misses Asphyxia, you're in luck! I bought a really awesome metallic orange called Wildfire, and an absurd black lipstick with red sparkles called Voodoo. I'm going to give the latter to my friend who loves black lipsticks -- it's a nifty color but I am never, ever going to wear it (I basically bought it to try on, and then gift to one of the goths in my life). 

Dammit.  I missed out on the vintage Gash, but it looks like it's available in another line.  I REALLY didn't need to look at the Vice line with this wallet.  :(

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:13 PM, Elder Sister said:

Oh, my gosh - me too.  I cannot stop watching their ads on Facebook.  Never mind that the models are all of 17, and have perfect skin and cheekbones.  I have forced myself not to buy anything.  FB has figured out that I have a beauty aid problem.  I'm trying to show them that I am disciplined and their stupid ads aren't going to work on me anymore.

Bwwaaahaaahaaaaaa!  Resistance is futile. 

I am convinced that I can look the same as the 5'9"+ models gracing the pages of my latest Talbots catalog . . . at least until the items of clothing arrive.  :leaving:

On 9/19/2017 at 8:56 AM, Tears of Lys said:

Bwwaaahaaahaaaaaa!  Resistance is futile. 

I am convinced that I can look the same as the 5'9"+ models gracing the pages of my latest Talbots catalog . . . at least until the items of clothing arrive.  :leaving:

My favorite is when I buy something for the body I had 10 years ago.  I have 'almost' stopped doing that.  :P

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Kelli Fury said:

Too Faced peanut butter and jelly palette is $20 at Ulta right now

I saw that this morning and thought of you. 

Now that it's officially fall I've been wearing this Urban Decay lipstick (Vice 1993 in Comfort Matte) the past few times I've been out and I dig it. And Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover is fantastic. The scent alone is worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

Not makeup per se, but related... more thinking out loud, perhaps...my sister turned me onto the oil-cleansing method, which has you cleaning your face with oil - the idea being that the clean oil mixes with your dirty face-oil and it all comes off nicely, and doesn't dry the skin - thereby making it overproduce oil, which you then wash with soap more, which then, etc - and actually makes it less oily. While I'm at it, I'm also trying the no-shampoo thing, which might be one thing too much to quit all at once but I find using less things satisfying to the point of irrationality, imagining myself as some sort of radical skin-care spartan.

Anyway, about a month in, its pretty good, in the sense that I don't feel like my skin is any dirtier than it used to be, or breaks out more, (and I don't have that tight, scrubbed, flakey feeling I used to get after washing my face with soap) but instead of being too oily, it has actually gone really dry! And so has my hair! Not greasy at all, at any point - dry and frizzy (even more!) instead. Could I actually have really dry skin? I always assumed it was oily, because its always, well, oily. The oil thing suggests using less moisturizer - if at all - when switching away from soap, but I didn't really moisturize before either (I meant to...just...didn't.) Not sure what to do. Perhaps quit the whole thing? Re-introduce shampoo? Add moisturizer? Give it a bit more time to see what balance emerges? My face I can let be for a while, but my hair is actually starting to really annoy me.

This might be running counter to my minimization operation, in that I've just spent more time thinking about what goes on my face than ever. Hm. Can't win.

Archived