Daenerys's Fate and the Fire She Must Light to Love

Lost Melnibonean

3 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Not going to happen. Dany will be riding Drogon into battle against the Others. People really need to accept this and move on.  She is not there just to bring dragons for other people to use ride and not herself which no offense is a such a lame theory. 

Perhaps the first act is about the War of the Five Kings with House Stark as the protagonist, the second act is about the Second Dance of the Dragons with Daenerys as the protagonist and Aegon as the antagonist, and the third act is about the War for the Dawn with Jon Snow as the protagonist?

21 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Perhaps the first act is about the War of the Five Kings with House Stark as the protagonist, the second act is about the Second Dance of the Dragons with Daenerys as the protagonist and Aegon as the antagonist, and the third act is about the War for the Dawn with Jon Snow as the protagonist?

We know that there are supposed to be at least four POVs - Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Bran, Arya - who live until the very end. I doubt that this did change. There is no reason to assume Dany is not going to play a crucial role in the War for the Dawn, most likely at Jon and Tyrion's side.

The idea that any of those core characters is going to bite the dust during the Second Dance is very unlikely.

36 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Not going to happen. Dany will be riding Drogon into battle against the Others. People really need to accept this and move on.  She is not there just to bring dragons for other people to use ride and not herself which no offense is a such a lame theory. 

Uhhh well how do I say this... I didn't really say there are evidence that support that more like I would be ok with her role being that. That's all. Never really argued she wouldn't ride dragons, just said I would be ok if she doesn't and someone else does in her place.

2 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

We know that there are supposed to be at least four POVs - Dany, Jon, Tyrion, Bran, Arya - who live until the very end. I doubt that this did change. There is no reason to assume Dany is not going to play a crucial role in the War for the Dawn, most likely at Jon and Tyrion's side.

The idea that any of those core characters is going to bite the dust during the Second Dance is very unlikely.

Lord Varys, because you doubt that one of the original big four POVs will die, does not mean that we know they will all live. (I do expect her to survive the second act, and since I only see three acts, I would agree technically with the statement that she will live until the end, but maybe not the very end.) 

Not only do I not expect Daenerys to play much, if any, of a role fightin against the Others, I don't think Tyrion will survive the Second Dance of the Dragons. 

43 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Lord Varys, because you doubt that one of the original big four POVs will die, does not mean that we know they will all live. (I do expect her to survive the second act, and since I only see three acts, I would agree technically with the statement that she will live until the end, but maybe not the very end.)

Well, I read George literally there, meaning that those core characters will live until the grand finale. They might not survive that but they are not going to die early on.

There is a reason why Tyrion and Jon became friends, a reason that's going to pay off in the war against the Others.

43 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Not only do I not expect Daenerys to play much, if any, of a role fightin against the Others, I don't think Tyrion will survive the Second Dance of the Dragons. 

I know that you think that but it is actually pretty clear that you are wrong there. You put way too much emphasis on imagining and speculating about the middle arc than about the endgame. I'm with you there, up to a point, because we have really no clue about the political situation during the endgame because it is way too far away right now, but it makes no sense to actually predict the deaths of characters that are likely to live a lot longer than we can right now.

Anybody trying to imagine the deaths of Arya, Jon, Dany, or Tyrion right now is essentially basing his ideas on baseless speculations. Most of the ideas you can read try to predict stuff relying on incomplete knowledge and contrived notions. 

I'm not saying any of those characters have to survive the series. But I feel quite confident neither of them is going to die fighting Aegon, Euron, or Stannis.

On August 17, 2016 at 0:48 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

The last fire Daenerys will light will be the one that is lit to consume her lifeless body after she dies giving birth to her child, a fire to love.

Drogo will not return to Daenerys, but Daenerys will return to Drogo.

I disagree. I think Dany will end as a stone sculpture, having succumbed to greyscale. 

Just a couple of points I wanted to mention:

1) Martin has referred to Mirri's words as a prophecy:

1. Was Mirri Maz Duur telling the truth when she told Daenerys Targaryen that the latter could never have children again?

I am sure Dany would like to know. Prophecy can be a tricky business.

-So Spake Martin

2) Right before the dragon eggs hatched and Daenerys became the Figurative Mother of Literal Dragons, she had a vision of Drogo:

She saw a horse, a great grey stallion limned in smoke, its flowing mane a nimbus of blue flame. Yes, my love, my sun-and-stars, yes, mount now, ride now.

Her vest had begun to smolder, so Dany shrugged it off and let it fall to the ground. The painted leather burst into sudden flame as she skipped closer to the fire, her breasts bare to the blaze, streams of milk flowing from her red and swollen nipples. Now, she thought, now, and for an instant she glimpsed Khal Drogo before her, mounted on his smoky stallion, a flaming lash in his hand. He smiled, and the whip snaked down at the pyre, hissing.

She heard a crack, the sound of shattering stone. The platform of wood and brush and grass began to shift and collapse in upon itself. Bits of burning wood slid down at her, and Dany was showered with ash and cinders. And something else came crashing down, bouncing and rolling, to land at her feet; a chunk of curved rock, pale and veined with gold, broken and smoking. The roaring filled the world, yet dimly through the firefall Dany heard women shriek and children cry out in wonder. (Daenerys X, AGOT)

Perhaps if Daenerys bears a living child, thus becoming the Literal Mother of a Figurative Dragon, she will have another vision of Drogo ("Then he will return, and not before") just before she dies, joining him in the night lands?

45 minutes ago, Shmedricko said:

Just a couple of points I wanted to mention:

1) Martin has referred to Mirri's words as a prophecy:

2) Right before the dragon eggs hatched and Daenerys became the Figurative Mother of Literal Dragons, she had a vision of Drogo:

Perhaps if Daenerys bears a living child, thus becoming the Literal Mother of a Figurative Dragon, she will have another vision of Drogo ("Then he will return, and not before") just before she dies, joining him in the night lands?

I brought the Drogo vision up earlier on. It is indeed he who hatches the dragon eggs with his whip, making this actually a more 'real event' than people think it is. It was really the sacrifice of Drogo which did it, not Mirri Maz Duur's, and that also makes it exceedingly likely that Drogo was Dany's Nissa Nissa.

And I really see this as Drogo's parting gift for Daenerys. They will not see each other again. She needed him to get her dragons. That was his purpose in her life.

But I don't think that Dany is going to go to the night lands. She isn't a Dothraki. She is the blood of the dragon, and her destiny is much greater than simply the Dothraki. They are a tool in her hands. Drogo and his people inadvertently destroyed the girl she once was and shaped her into the queen she is now but when they meet again the power dynamic will be reversed, and Daenerys is most likely going to destroy the Dothraki and their entire way of life.

Drogo is also not the only man in Dany's life. She has gotten over him by now. Daario greatly helped with that, and down the line she will have other lovers and husbands.

If she ever dies Drogo is most likely not going to be a very prominent memory. While she was having her visions in the Dothraki Sea in ADwD Viserys and Jorah came to her, not Drogo.

In that sense I'm not very convinced that her end (if she dies)will be in any way connected to Drogo. She was always bigger than that.

Daenerys is going to marry Daario .

CRACKPOT THEORY- THE TREASON (GOLD) Viserys was suppose to marry Dany but he sold her for a golden crown. (BLOOD) Victarion keeps talking about stealing Dany for himself my guess is that he wont. (LOVE ) If R+L-J is true  Daenerys  will naturally believe that Jon should marry her and take up the Targaryen name ,either because he is in love with Val or the memory of Ygrette  and his love of the Starks and his contentment of being a Snow either reason he is going to reject both .

6 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

Many people interacted with Shireen and they are fine.

This was a joke. The idea that Dany would catch greyscale is ridiculous. But Jon might actually get infected by Shireen, just as Aegon, Arianne, and others around Connington might catch it from him. This is a real danger.

On ‎09‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 3:28 PM, Amris said:

You put it together very nicely. Add an 'n' to Drogo's name and the prophecy is complete and fulfilled in Dany's last chapter in DwD.

I agree that the 'quickening' is a pregnancy. However your presumption that she has to feel the embryo move is not necessary. Drogon is Drogo returned.

I think the same. Drogo = Drogon, the quickening when Daenerys walks alone in the Dothraki sea. The other elements of Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy nicely revealed as fulfilled by Lost Melnibonean. I am happy.

5 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

This was a joke. The idea that Dany would catch greyscale is ridiculous. But Jon might actually get infected by Shireen, just as Aegon, Arianne, and others around Connington might catch it from him. This is a real danger.

I agree with JonCon part, but i doubt that Shireen is any danger. She contracted geyscale as infant and she is now around eleven years old. Surely someone would contract disease from her by now. Val isn't best source of knowledge about greyscale. 

8 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

I agree with JonCon part, but i doubt that Shireen is any danger. She contracted geyscale as infant and she is now around eleven years old. Surely someone would contract disease from her by now. Val isn't best source of knowledge about greyscale. 

I think you are right. 

21 minutes ago, Paxter Redwyne said:

From a narrative point of view Val bringing up Shireen's greyscale when there was actually no reason for that - they didn't discuss Shireen's wardrobe or her the state of her teeth, after all - we should keep that in mind. Why bring her sickness up at all if it doesn't matter?

I don't think Shireen will die off greyscale but I think the sickness will return for some reason and then she might be infectious. And the whole point of the three types of greyscale - children's disease, slow-killing adult version, and the grey plague - is that part of the preparation of some epidemic. Connington might suffer from the slow-killing adult version but could actually transmit the grey plague. The same could happen with Shireen.

Archived