College football 2016 - aSECendency

lokisnow

13 hours ago, lokisnow said:

Listening to solid verbal right now and they keep referring to offseason stuff and I have no idea what happened.  So, what's up with Norte dame and Michigan?

Not sure if you're referring to recent events or the whole off season, but recently ND had a bunch of guys get arrested and Mich seems to be losing recruits by being clueless about them personally.

2 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

Not sure if you're referring to recent events or the whole off season, but recently ND had a bunch of guys get arrested and Mich seems to be losing recruits by being clueless about them personally.

I'm guessing that's it

The itch is officially on.

Started watching Cal vs. Hawaii after ArenaBowl last night, finished it this morning.  Spent part of the day finishing that game (turned into a blowout), then high school football today, now I'm watching preseason NFL.  This disease is terrible!!!! 

55 minutes ago, Ded As Ned said:

The itch is officially on.

Started watching Cal vs. Hawaii after ArenaBowl last night, finished it this morning.  Spent part of the day finishing that game (turned into a blowout), then high school football today, now I'm watching preseason NFL.  This disease is terrible!!!! 

Male vs Ballard is on TV right now...

Starting to get excited. Hell of a week one coming up. It is surreal that the SEC kings finally have to play a pac12 team. I really have close to zero expectations for my two teams, Usc or Missouri, this year, because I don't want my pessimism to ruin the first half of the season for me, so seven weeks from now, I'm hoping to be looking forward to the second half of the season.

i just was skimming a Missouri preview and was shocked to find out that South Carolina actually did hire will muschamp, and that wasn't just an onion article asserting such absurdities, wow.

ive managed to disconnect from college football so much, I've completely forgotten who I wanted Usc to hire instead of Helton, mainly I remember I wanted Haden gone and a professional athletic director replacement rather than another failed former Usc star athlete. Unfortunately, Usc did not hire a professional, so we are probably doomed to another decade of fallout from on high.

I'm in and have made my picks. :thumbsup:

Starting to get excited about the season getting underway. Real football tomorrow night! I do wish the Thursday night offerings had something more appealing than SC/Vandy though. Score in that one's liable to end up 12-10.  

6 minutes ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

I'm in and have made my picks. :thumbsup:

Starting to get excited about the season getting underway. Real football tomorrow night! I do wish the Thursday night offerings had something more appealing than SC/Vandy though. Score in that one's liable to end up 12-10.  

I'm predicting Vandy wins 3-0 in 4 overtimes :P

I'd like be able to tell you all that I have been productive in any way this week but that'd be a lie.  

But yea, Thursday's games are a little dull.  I'll check out Vandy and South Carolina (Go 'dores!) and probably App. St. vs. Tennessee.  I doubt the Vols pull a Michigan, but worth keeping an eye on.  Oregon State / Minnesota is at least a P5 ooc match up so I'll probably check that one out too.

Friday has Stanford vs. K State which I think has the potential to be a good game.  Stanford will probably win and cover, but you can never fully discount K-State when the purple wizard is on the sidelines.  

The line-up for the rest of the weekend is excellent.  Hopefully WVU wins so that I can watch the rest of them in a good mood.

Yeah I'll be watching tomorrow at least awhile cuz it's the first Thursday, but nothing really intriguing... if there's any close games on I'll probably keep them on in the background.  Saturday should be great!

In other news, it's the first time I've ever gotten the overall first pick in my NFL fantasy league... I've done absolutely no hard research or planning (I usually wing these things to mixed results), but I've got 40 minutes to mull it over before the draft starts.  Probably gonna be Antonio Brown.

2 hours ago, Triskan said:

It's nigh-impossible to pick against 'Bama in this game, but USC is quite loaded on offense.  The only problem is that they have a new QB.  That QB, Max Browne, was a mega recruit the year he came out and is now in his 4th year of experience.  So on paper USC's O could be great.  But such a tough first game though to finally get your start against Saban's empire.

Also usc options at center are all shaky at snapping the ball.

Archived